FF:Kuch to Hua Hai- Chapter 20-pg 122 - Page 24

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by gawdygory

Romeo was soooooooooooooo sweet   😊

You gave Maan's pov too  👍🏼 ; there's definitely something brewing btwn them I second Romeo on that  😉

Simply loved the part  ⭐️     ⭐️

Thanks for the pm ...

Thanks! Yes I added a bit of Maan's POV as well. I may try doing more of his POV in the future parts. 
Originally posted by sharmake11

super amazing
update pls cont
soonnnnnnnnn
thanks pm

Thank You Sharmake!
Originally posted by ambbiha

awesome update
loved taxi scene

Thank You! I know I loved the taxi scene too.. i hope it added a bit of a fun and comic flavor to the story 
Originally posted by abina03

its cool
interesting
loved it 
pls update soon
thanks for pm

Thank You! Will be updating now 😊

Thank You for all your wonderful comments and support. As well, thanks to all the silent readers as well, who just press LIKE. I try to reply to as many as possible 😊 Enjoy the next chapter, I'm sure you all just love the title!

Recap: Maan and Geet share a taxi to the hotel and separate upon arriving

Chapter 5: I am Single

Geet walked into the hotel and it was just magnificently beautiful. There were people of all ages, of all sorts of cultures roaming around. There was hotel staff assisting and helping the visitors and guests. There was a large lounge near the front desk, where many youngsters were hanging out. But the one person her eyes looked for was nowhere to be seen. Maan. "Where could he have gone to so fast?" she thought.

She glanced around some more when her eyes fell on the large glass elevators. She spotted him in one of the glass elevators going up. His back was to her but she knew that was him. It had to be him.

With a smile creeping on to her face, she turned towards the front desk to check in. "I guess that is the last I will ever see of him."

At the front desk, the receptionist asked, "Hi Mam. How can we help you today?"

"Hello, I have a room reserved under Geet Malhotra." She stopped and realized what she said. Geet Malhotra, wife of Dev Malhotra. That is not what she wanted to be addressed as during her stay in Mumbai and at the conference. And she knew Pinky would not want that either, so she said, "Actually it should be under Geet Handa."

The receptionist and another colleague of hers gazed at her awkwardly, probably thinking why does this woman not know her last name? With a slight shrug, the receptionist got busy searching for her on the computer database.

"Yes Ms, Handa your room is ready. Here is your key and your room is on the 15th floor to the right."

Thanking her, she made her way towards the glass elevators and entered to go up to the 15th floor. She went up to her room and it was also decorated beautifully and looked quite elegant. There was a setting of rose petals and candles on the night tables. However, it made her feel very lonely.

"This looks more like a honeymoon suite. I will have to bring Dev here after we get better," she slightly smiled, but even she knew it was a forced one. After the long and exhausting day, as soon as her head touches the pillow on the bed, she fell asleep.

About 2 hours later her phone rings. She rubs her eyes and reaches for her phone, which is lying amidst the candles and rose petals, "Hello?"

"Hey Geet, how was your flight?" boomed Pinky's loud and chirpy voice.

Sitting up straight in her bed, she reflected on her meeting with Maan in the plane and then the taxi ride to the hotel. "It was fine. Actually, it was great."

"Wow you seem to be in a good mood," a surprised Pinky replied back.

"Yes I guess all I needed was change. When are you all getting here?"

"I am already in my room and getting ready."

This confused Geet, "ready for what?"

"Well that is why I called you. Geet you talk too much and never let me get to my point. Anyways there is a cocktail party happening downstairs in the main hall and we're going to be meeting with our business partners."

"So what should I wear?"

"Hmm I am wearing a skirt with a blouse. It's nothing too fancy."

"Okay, I guess I will wear a skirt and blouse too. I am still sleeping in my jeans and top from the plane ride. "

"It is 5pm now so start getting ready and then come to my room around 7 and we will go down together.

"Which floor are you on Pinky?"

"I am on the 20th floor. You were suppose to be up here too but then we could not get a room for you," she said apologetically.

"It's okay, I will see you soon. I am going to get ready now."

After saying bye to Pinky, Geet got up off the bed and walked over to the balcony. There was a beautiful breeze and below a pool, which was occupied with many couples, families, and children. Everyone just looked so happy having fun together.

Watching them for a while, she felt a bit a better and then realized she needed to get ready. She entered the washroom and showered and within twenty minutes she was in the hotel's soft white bathrobe.

She decided to do her make up first, then pick her clothes and end off by doing her hair. With that she would have plenty of time left to go through the conference file before meeting the Khurana's.

So she sat down in front of her dressing table, taking out her make-up kit from her hand bag and started applying her make-up. She did not put too much on because she liked the natural look better. Perfect, she thought after applying a light coloured eye shadow, eyeliner at the bottom of her eye, rose- coloured blush, and a pink lip-gloss. As she was closing up the kit, her eyes fell upon the small bottle of sindoor. Geet knew she should wear a tiny bit in her hair parting but for some reason she just did not want to today. Deciding that it would not look professional to wear sindoor to a cocktail party or conference, she placed it back in her kit and approached her suitcase.

As she opened her suitcase, she almost fell looking at the contents inside. "Oh my God! This cannot be happening right now!"

Inside the suitcase all she saw was men's clothes. Suits, shirts, ties, t-shirts, track pants, boxers, socks, and shoes. This definitely was not her stuff, but whose could it have been? That is went it hit her that her suitcase must have been switched with Maan's in the taxi.

Stomping around the room in frustration, "Aaahhhhh! What the hell am I going to do now? Nothing ever goes right!"

She calls Pinky but she does not answer her phone. "She is probably taking a shower still. What the hell am I going to do now?" Then an idea strikes her, "Wait Maan also came in this hotel. I have to find him, now!"

She was about to run out of her room but then stopped, "This is a huge hotel, where am I going to look for him?"

Glancing over at the clock, which read 6:00, she realized she has only an hour to find Maan in this hotel.

She ran out into the hallway and it was empty. She saw the elevator was just about to close so she yelled, "Please leave it open! I am coming!"

She ran and jumped into the elevator. There were three young teenager guys in the elevator. When they saw her they all started to laugh and giggle.

Geet thought, "What stupid kids, what are they laughing at?"

She then glanced over in the mirror and saw that she was still in her bathrobe. "Oh Shoot! Stop the elevator I need to get out!"

Still laughing, one of the boys pressed the 15th floor button and let Geet out once they reached the floor. She ran straight to her room and put her jeans and t-shirt back on. "That was so embarrassing. This is all that Maan's fault. He is the one that took my suitcase. I swear when I find him I am going to kill him!"

And with that she went back into the hall, then the elevator, and back down to the first floor. She decided it would be best to ask the front desk for Maan.

"Hi, umm can you please tell me which room Mr. Maan is staying in?"

"Yes, of course we can. What is Mr. Maan's surname?"

Geet did not know his last name, but thought there cannot be that many. She can just go meet them all until she finds her Maan.

"I am not sure. But there should not be that many Maan's here so just give me the room numbers."

"No Ms. Handa you do not understand. We have over 25 Maan's in our system staying at the hotel."

"What the hell? Are you serious?" s

"Yes, we can start from the beginning. Maan Agarwal. Maan Ahuja. Maan Anand. Maan Bedi. Maan Chaterjee."

"Okay stop because this is going to take all day. I will just find him on my own."

She left the front desk and walked towards the lobby thinking, "where the hell am I going to find him? The party starts in thirty minutes and it is so important for me to be there. What will the business delegates think? First of all I will be late and then I will not even be dressed properly. This is all that Maan's and stupid taxi driver Romeo's fault!

As she was walking past the bar in the hall she saw a figure sitting there. She walked past it but then came back. It was him. It was Maan.

She practically ran over when she saw him but then realized that she was in a hotel and began to walk again. When she reached him she tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around looked at her and just turned back around, fully ignoring her presence.

"What the hell is he doing?" she thought and tapped him again. "Excuse me."

He turned back around and this time he looked annoyed, "Do I know you?"

Geet was ready to erupt, as she thought, "Oh my God he cannot be serious. What is wrong with this man?"

But seeing the look on Geet's face, Maan just started to laugh.

"I am just joking, I still remember you. And I have been looking for you."

And at the same time they both said, "Our suitcases got switched." This caused both of them to erupt into laughter.

Geet then calmed herself down and spoke up, "listen I really need to go somewhere so can I just get my suitcase back?"

"Hey I am not dying to sit here and talk to you either. I have to go out soon too."

He gets up and flirtingly puts his arm around her, "so where is your room?" he says as he winks at her.

Geet felt her face turn beet red and heart just flip flopped like a billion times and then sank to the bottom. "it is 'ummm'ahh'its."

He snapped his fingers infront of her face to get her out of the daze, "what floor?"

Snapping out of it, she replied, "oh it is on the 15th floor."

"Alright lets go there first."

So they both headed towards the elevator. Geet walked slowly behind him. She could not face him, she was just too shy. She had never felt this way in so long. What affect did he have on her? When they were in the elevator they still did not talk.

He finally broke the silence, "I am sorry. I think I got a little too close downstairs. I never knew you would have been so bothered by it."

"No it is okay. I mean you do not have to apologize for it. And I am not thinking about that, its something else."

Knowing that she was lying, he decided to mess around with her again, "Oh really, what is it then?"

Geet could not think of anything to say. The truth was she was thinking about him and the sparks that flew when he touched her. "It is just that I have to go somewhere. For business and I still have not read the file and background details."

"Do not worry you, will probably do fine. Just smile or flirt with the people and I am sure you will do fine."

Geet blushes again but quickly recovers by saying, "so is that the way you do business then?"

Maan laughs, "no, not at all. When it comes to business I am really serious, punctual, and strict."

Their conversation was cut short by the elevator doors opening on the 15th floor.

"My room is on the right, that one," she said pointing at her door.  

"Okay you go in and I will just go up and get your suitcase from my room."

Geet entered her room and runs around fixing everything. Her towel, bathrobe, and make up, everything was scattered everywhere. She soon stopped as she heard a knock at the door. "Come in."

Maan walked in with her suitcase, "here you go."

"Thanks. And there is yours," she said pointing at his suitcase.

"Thanks. I should probably get going. It was nice meeting you again."

"Yes, same here."

He turned to walk away, but then turned back towards her, "can I ask you something?"

Confused and a bit scared at what he would ask, she replied, "sure"

"Your room is decorated so with quite a romantic touch, are you here with someone or expecting someone?"

"No I am here for work." Geet's heart started to beat fast and she felt her forehead starting to sweat. She was afraid for the next question he might ask.

"So are you married or have a boyfriend?"

Geet looked over and saw her sindoor bottle lying on her dressing table and next to it was her bag with her mangulsutra in it. She then looked up at him and at saw his questioning eyes. With all the courage left in her and praying to Baba Ji that she was not doing the wrong thing, she replied, "No, I am single."

Chapter 6- Monsoon Dance

-Hope you enjoyed the fifth chapter. Please don't forget to LIKE and comment.

Add me as a buddy or in your comment let me know if you would like to be sent a PM

Edited by punjabi.princes - 13 years ago
awesome update
Haha Geet wer going 2 luk 4 Maan in her bathrobe
W*H 25 Maans in a hotel--U've got 2 be kidding me
Wonda wat Maans reaction was wen she sed she was single
Cont soon Xx...
good she said she is single
she need to move on
funny part was walking
around with bathrobe
fabulous update
pls cont soonnnnnnn
thanks pm
awesome !!! :D
cant wait for the next partt.
i m sure they will meet in the party once again !!

awsome update.
funny how they suitcase got match.
cant wait to read more.
thx.
awesome.wonderful update!!!
love it.........