Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 28 December 2005 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
do u people believe skin color matters like is it better to be light-skinned in order to be beautiful. i remembered this cause i was watching saat phere like i know in our culture it definitely is better to be light skinned by what about u guys. i mean i dont believe it matters because i know so many gorgeous people inside and out who are dark skinned. for me i dont believe beauty is with skin color it has to do with something more and i am not talking of inner beauty because that's completely different. some of my friends are extremely hot and they are mostly dark skinned. let me know what u guys think.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "does skin color matter?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

indiaforums1234

indiaforums1234

Posted: 28 December 2005 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Believe it or not, statistically, most indian guys would prefer a fair-skinned girl rather than one with a dark complexion. This obsession for lighter skin, i think, has stemmed from the ever popular western culture and it's influence on our precious indian culture which is losing it's place.

Indians idolise western culture and white people, which has resulted in this bias.

As for my personal opinion, I don't care about skin color.

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 28 December 2005 at 11:00pm | IP Logged
skin color does not matter. the skin color can change if you stay around the sun too long anyway. So if you are best friends with someone and they have light skin, the next day they come with a darker skin complexion, you stop being friends with them? i don't think so Confused

hazelgirl

IF-Rockerz

hazelgirl

Posted: 28 December 2005 at 11:25pm | IP Logged
it doesn't..atleast for me Tongue

rebelqueen

rebelqueen

Posted: 29 December 2005 at 12:25am | IP Logged
i don't think it matters

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 29 December 2005 at 12:39am | IP Logged

Originally posted by indiaforums1234

Believe it or not, statistically, most indian guys would prefer a fair-skinned girl rather than one with a dark complexion. This obsession for lighter skin, i think, has stemmed from the ever popular western culture and it's influence on our precious indian culture which is losing it's place.

Indians idolise western culture and white people, which has resulted in this bias.

As for my personal opinion, I don't care about skin color.

I can't believe Indian guys would prefer a fait-skinned girl, considering the fact that some of them are also dark-skinned.

I see Saat Phere and I feel terrible how Saloni is discrimated because she is dark-skinned, and I know Saloni's sitaution happens in India even today!

Skin color doesn't AND should not matter!

Willows

Willows

Posted: 29 December 2005 at 6:01am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mkzara

do u people believe skin color matters like is it better to be light-skinned in order to be beautiful. i remembered this cause i was watching saat phere like i know in our culture it definitely is better to be light skinned by what about u guys. i mean i dont believe it matters because i know so many gorgeous people inside and out who are dark skinned. for me i dont believe beauty is with skin color it has to do with something more and i am not talking of inner beauty because that's completely different. some of my friends are extremely hot and they are mostly dark skinned. let me know what u guys think.

i beleive colour does matter very much especially in india, based on colour of your skin, freinds are made, very sad but true, if you are dark skinned you run the risk of being spinister for better part of you life especially for girls, in school and colleges the fairer grouper is much stronger, this is my opinion.

it is indeed sad but true, the fair person sort of tries to flaunt his colour to his advantages, whether he suceeds to what extent is different issue altogether.

i believe being hot or cold is a different aspect but yes the fair skin pervails and they believe they have the birth right to be treated as much more hotter than person who are shade lesser.

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 29 December 2005 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
i know that most educated people dont care about color of skin but in general i also feel that it matters. u r discriminated against highly if u r dark skinned and that is the saddest fact but a fact nonetheless

Post Reply New Post

Go to top