Sonam.B

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:29am | IP Logged
no movement in dis FC WHY?
anyway I came across this article from toi
  • Tikka
    Cezanne Khan

I don't know Veena Malik: Cezanne Khan

May 22, 2011, 12.00am IST

It is certainly food that excites actor Cezanne Khan. So when we agreed to speak to him as he gorged on his non-vegetarian fare, Cezanne was too ecstatic. Calling himself a foodie at heart, Cezanne told us he has never had faith in the concept of diet plans for weight loss. "I don't believe in diet, fiet and that is precisely why I don't mind eating even five times a day," he chortled and enjoyed the lip-smacking Chicken Tikka.

Unlike other actors, who are too calorie conscious and watch what they eat while dining out, Cezanne feels depriving oneself of gastronomic pleasure is pointless. "To be not starving myself should not be interpreted as my casual attitude towards health and fitness. If I show no qualms in eating to my heart's content, it's because I know I have a tough workout to rely on."

Cezanne, may have been non-existent on Indian TV for the last couple of years, but that's not because he was out of work, as a majority of the viewers think. Instead, the actor was working in TV shows in Pakistan. How did his stint in Pakistan's TV industry kick off? "It all started with my popularity courtesy the character of Anurag Basu I played in Ekta Kapoor's "Kasautii Zindagii Kay". The show wasn't just a hit in India, it also had a huge viewership in Pakistan. Log jaante jaan ne lagte hain aapke kaam ko jab woh sab aapke shows dekhthe hain. Fortunately, the first offer came my way during the peace initiative that happened between India and Pakistan. I was never in two minds before I gave a nod to these offers. I was excited by the roles than the countries I had to work for," he replied.

Before we could throw another question at him, the actor didn't miss that fraction of a second to ask for a cold drink. "Can you please get me a cola. But make sure it is not the diet version," he laughed and questioned us, "You never expected me to be like this, na?" Not this frank, we tell him.

The actor then went on tell us about his experience while doing Pakistani shows. "I have never shot in Pakistan. We used to go to Dubai for shoots. All in all, it was a learning experience." When was the first time he visited Pakistan? "About 20 years back." And his recent visit? "A month back," he said, adding, "My maternal family stays in Karachi and I had gone there to meet my relatives. And as I had planned, the visit was all about digging into Chicken Tikka and Ghosht, and having a great time with my seven male cousins." So it was just about boys having all the fun? "Yes. We don't have a sister. But it's awesome to be with my cousins and collecting memories which we'd treasure all our lives. Since I only get to meet them once a year, I ensured I made the most of the opportunity and dropped in at every food joint.

Cezanne, a household name in Pakistan, looked a bit perplexed when we asked him if he was aware of an equally popular name Veena Malik. "No, I don't know Veena. Who is she? is she the one who was in "Bigg Boss"? Maybe I don't know her because I don't watch television. I was also offered "Bigg Boss", but I didn't accept it. To let people know about your personal life is not an interesting idea," he said as he ordered Reshmi Kabab and more rotis.

Would he like to work with Shweta Tiwari, his co-star in "Kasautii..." considering the fact that there were rumours of the duo not getting along well. "If the offer is interesting, I wouldn't mind working with shweta tiwari again. A lot depends on the shows I

get." Does he know the meaning of his first name? "No. I'm named after a French painter Paul Cezanne, about whom my mother read in the papers. The meaning is not a concern" he replied.

Edited by Sonam.B - 29 June 2011 at 7:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ilovepyaar

Sonam.B IF-Dazzler
    Sonam.B
    Sonam.B

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged

Frenemies at work!

Anuradha Varma, TNN Jun 10, 2011, 12.00am IST

As Charlie Sheen goes on a downward spiral, his worst rants are reserved not for his ex-wives, but Chuck Lorre, the producer of his hit sitcom Two And A Half Men. Yes, colleagues can rub each other the wrong way, to the extent that it becomes impossible to work together. However, unfortunately, many have to continue working together anyway!

Jay Bhanushali, actor and anchor, has had several experiences when mood swings and disagreements have threatened to come in the way of work. "I just remind myself of my pay cheque and that puts everything into perspective."

The sassy girls, Sarah Jessica Parker and Kim Cattral, who play best-friends on Sex And The City are said not to stand each other off camera. Back home, a reporter recalls watching onscreen couple Shweta Tiwari and Cezanne Khan being barely on speaking terms while they shot for Kasauti Zindagi Ki. Says the reporter, 'If Cezanne touched her during a scene, Shweta would accuse him of doing it on purpose. However, she was totally focussed when she gave her shot." A source in MTV reveals that anchors Bani and Anusha avoid being in the same room together!

This can also make it tough for people around them. Says a boss, who has two colleagues who till sometime ago refused to communicate with each other, "I have told them not to bring personal issues into the work domain and have observed the ice thawing after that. It affects team morale."

Can rivalry push a person to perform better? Says Chandrashekhar Mukherjee VP, HR, National Stock Exchange, "Maybe, but they can lose points for not working well in a team."

Sometimes, it's wise to let the past rest and look ahead. Cricketer Harbhajan Singh slapped teammate Sreesanth last year after an IPL match and left him in tears. However, an apology later, the two made up, saying it was all in the 'family'. Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi split after a successful tennis partnership to reunite after several years. Mahesh commented then, "We are both happy now and prefer to live in the present." HR professional Lajja believes communication issues between colleagues can lead to targets being affected. "Sometimes, petty issues can be sorted out over a chat or it can snowball into something more serious, where one person may have to leave the company."

Tackling the issue head-on can be effective in sending out the message 'Don't mess with me!' to such colleagues, ensuring they back off. Says Smita (name changed), who got a break as incharge of academics at a primary school, where a senior staffer seemed to be gunning for her. At a management meeting, Smita decided to set some boundaries. "I questioned her right to interfere in my area of work. She stayed out of my way for the rest of my tenure."

There's also good old rivalry that can destroy friendships. For instance, Hollywood actors and best-friends Gwyneth Paltrow and Winona Ryder fell out when Gwyneth won the Oscar as Best Actress for Shakespeare in Love, a part that was initially offered to her friend! Gwyneth once wrote on her website, without naming the 'frenemy', "This person really did what they could to hurt me. I was deeply upset, I was angry. I tried to take the high road. But one day I heard that something unfortunate and humiliating had happened to this person. And my reaction was deep relief and happiness."

ilovepyaar

Sonam.B IF-Dazzler
    Sonam.B
    Sonam.B

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:39am | IP Logged
    I'm busy doing serials in Pakistan: Cezanne
    Seema Sinha, TNN | May 26, 2011, 12.00am IST

Article
    Comments

Read More:TV Actor|Shweta Tiwari|Kasautii Zindagi Kay|Cezanne Khan

Cezanne Khan
    Cezanne Khan, who's best remembered for his role in Kasautii Zindagi Kay, may have vanished from the telly scene here, but the actor is doing serials in Pakistan and middle east. "Arre yaar, I haven't disappeared. I am very much around," 

Cezanne told TOI. "Actually I am doing shows for middle eastern countries and all my shoots happen in Dubai. These shows have kept me busy for the past four to five years. I fly to Dubai for shoots every three weeks or so and at times shoots go on for six months non-stop," he says. The first offer came his way during the peace initiative that happened between India and Pakistan. "I became popular because of my character in Kasautii as the show had a huge viewership in Pakistan, too," says the actor, who's glad he's got a chance to bond with his cousins from his mother's side in Karachi. "I have never shot in Pakistan, but recently, a month ago, I went there." says Cezanne, who is the son of legendary sitarist, Ustad Rais Khan. The actor was last seen in Seeta Aur Geeta on Indian television a couple of years ago, but the show didn't do well. "I got offers for reality shows, but I am not comfortable doing them. I will never do one. I prefer soaps. There is no reason why I should disclose my personal life to others, I want it to be my own. I am a very private person," he reasons. 

And is he in touch with his co-stars from Kasauti..? "Sometimes I do bump into Ronit Roy," he says. And would he work with Shweta Tiwari if he was offered a soap, considering that the two had a controversial term together? "It really doesn't matter to me who is opposite me. I will definitely work with her." Married four times on his show. and linked to almost all his co-stars, what is Cezanne's current relationship status? "I am very much single. There is no need for me to hide my wife. And I am not seeing anyone," he signs off.

ilovepyaar

nkapoor IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:44am | IP Logged
    THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
    Sonam.B IF-Dazzler
    Sonam.B
    Sonam.B

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:49am | IP Logged
    ur vry welcome nikita!Smile its been very long ...so hw ve u been?
    nkapoor IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:52am | IP Logged

ashaj IF-Sizzlerz
    ashaj
    ashaj

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:54am | IP Logged
    after a long time this forum is activeEmbarrassed
    hi nkapoorHug
    hi sonamHug

Edited by ashaj - 29 June 2011 at 7:57am

Sonam.B

nkapoor IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 June 2011 at 7:55am | IP Logged

Go to top