India-Forums

Uttaran
Uttaran

Saanchi's diary

Pirated_Fun IF-Rockerz
Pirated_Fun
Pirated_Fun

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 12:32am | IP Logged

I was studying zoology and had plans to take up marine biology!

Harsha Khandeparkar

A page from the personal diary of Harsha Khandeparkar

Not many people know that before I actually got into acting I was doing my BSC from Fergusson College, Pune. I was studying zoology and had plans to take up marine biology but fate had something else in store for me. While I was in college I just got my portfolio done and sent it to different production houses. So while I was studying I was also doing a few print ads here and there.

I had just given my entrance exams for marine biology and I got to know that 9x had just launched and they were coming up with a new show. They were in Pune auditioning so I dropped in too. I auditioned for Jiya Jale and luckily I was shortlisted and called to Mumbai but nothing really happened. I wasn't selected and I felt maybe it was time to get back to studies. But I got a part in their other show, Neelanjana in which I played the title role. This is something that happens with me all the time I usually go for an audition for something and I am selected for something else!

I had always been a very obedient child and had never troubled my parents and teachers and had always got a distinction but acting just happened. I used to participate in singing competitions, acting, dramatics and dance shows back home in Goa but did not think of being on TV till I tried. My parents have always been very supportive of my decision and they did not say it even once that I should have done something in the field I studied. They are happy for whatever I have achieved today and they motivate me.

I still have one dream that I would like to fulfill very soon and that is to cut an album. Singing is my passion and I would like to see it grow.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tiny15

tiny15 IF-Stunnerz
tiny15
tiny15

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 6:52am | IP Logged
@ PIA.SEN .GUPTA    thanx  4 the info & link.Clap
but really harsha wants 2 do marine biology . its really v.gud option!! i always liked biology & zoology used 2 my fav. subject but i got selected in horticulture univ. so hav 2 study botany more but i also luv it as its bit difft from botany al2gether!!Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pirated_Fun

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index