Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Why do we hate masala so much? (Page 5)

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Dexterkichokribamboocopter

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 10:28am | IP Logged
I think over the years i have enjoyed some of the so called masala movies and the so called good cinema that is the off beat cinema...

Last year I enjoyed Dabangg as much as I enjoyed Udaan...I enjoyed Golmaal 3 as much as i enjoyed LSD.... I enjoyed Robot as much as I enjoyed Peepli Live...

As long as it entertains me I like it.... and my perception of it being well made is when I enjoy it....If i enjoy it and if it entertains me I consider it well made...Oh well my rant makes no sense...Embarrassed

In the past too some of the masala films have entertained me like KNPH, OSO,MHN, K3G etc... just like the off beat ones like Bheja fry, Wednesday, Aamir etc have entertained me too...

For some reason I never enjoyed any of Govinda's films....Some of Akshay's films are entertaining and some are just cringe worthy...

I am okay with the masala movies as long as it is not something like TMK which was just terrible...Ouch
but off late the ones I find tedious to watch are the rom com genres like.. Break ke baad, Shaadi ke baad, Barbaadi ke baad...etc....

Edited by -Maddy- - 05 March 2011 at 10:32am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocoptermysticgoryfilms.khoobsurat.ruky786

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
I LOVE LOVE LOVE masala films...thats what made bollywood from my opinion!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.khoobsurat.

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
I don't hate masala..it just has to be done well..especially when it comes to comedies. The last few big-budget comedies to have come out of BW have been so horrible..they're just trying to hard. It's like they're saying: I cracked a joke, so you better laugh!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Chippeshwinibamboocopter

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
Wait, now the 'masala' genre is the underdog in bollywood? Confused LOL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionChippeshwiniDexterkichokri

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 3:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fanvever

Originally posted by beboholic

For me I dont hat masala films...I just hate bad films period! And Dabangg was a bad film IMO...it had no story. But I loved Kaho na pyaar hai, Om shanti om, kkrish,  ghajini, and wanted was good also to some extent...much better than Dabangg def
exactly Dabang is just a highly over rated movie.. I cant dare to watch it again!! except a few songs which r worth listening.. thats it!

Agree..the songs in Dabangg were good..that's the only reason I sat through the film!
.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 3:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Maddy-

I think over the years i have enjoyed some of the so called masala movies and the so called good cinema that is the off beat cinema...

Last year I enjoyed Dabangg as much as I enjoyed Udaan...I enjoyed Golmaal 3 as much as i enjoyed LSD.... I enjoyed Robot as much as I enjoyed Peepli Live...

As long as it entertains me I like it.... and my perception of it being well made is when I enjoy it....If i enjoy it and if it entertains me I consider it well made...Oh well my rant makes no sense...Embarrassed

In the past too some of the masala films have entertained me like KNPH, OSO,MHN, K3G etc... just like the off beat ones like Bheja fry, Wednesday, Aamir etc have entertained me too...

For some reason I never enjoyed any of Govinda's films....Some of Akshay's films are entertaining and some are just cringe worthy...

I am okay with the masala movies as long as it is not something like TMK which was just terrible...Ouch
but off late the ones I find tedious to watch are the rom com genres like.. Break ke baad, Shaadi ke baad, Barbaadi ke baad...etc....

No it makes total sense Maddy. THat's how I am too, offbeat films or masla films...as long as it entertains me...I like it!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bamboocopter

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 5:09pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top