India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

AN- Stake Out

malluangel IF-Rockerz
malluangel
malluangel

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
This is a SS that I wrote in like 8th grade, or 7th... idk. basically that's my excuse for why its so...different lmao. i like to believe i matured as a writer, or got worse, you decide Tongue

I'm Nikki Malhotra and if you saw me walking on the street, you would take me for just any random girl. I have my hair up, my feet in designer sneakers, a Coach swung over my shoulder, and I'm listening to music on my I-pod nano; in fact I would be just that, if it weren't for the fact I am celebrating my 154th birthday in three days, and I drink blood. I was born in 1853, to my parents Shashank and Padma Malhotra at 11:59 on Friday, May 13.

I'm a private detective, and right now I'm on a case; I'm on the trail of a stake-happy- Van Helsing wannabe. And while I am forced to sit in this little outdoor caf waiting for "Van" to come out, I'll take the time to explain some things out Artilitheians or as humans refer to them, vampires. This should take while.

First of all we can go out in the sun; we just tend not to because this increases the need for blood. Second, we can eat, although most vampires get tired after about 100-150 years. Third, we are smarter and more physically capable of things than humans- a weak vampire would have the strength of five healthy humans; this means a strong vampire has the strength of about twenty healthy individuals. Fourth, vampires can read and control thoughts, but we are taught from a young age that this only to be done in the case of an emergency. An example would be if we are discovered, or we are in a situation where we are in dire need of blood and can only feed from the source. This brings us to the biggest fact; yes of course vampires drink blood. We used to drink it straight from the source, humans, but because of the recent invention of blood banks, we are able to feed without disturbing anybody. I would also like to take this opportunity to correct some myths- Vampires are not reclusive; in fact, if you looked closely enough you would notice that many of your local and national politicians are one of us. Another thing which is not true is we are not, I repeat, not, soulless monsters out to control the world. We are a group of Artilitheians from the long lost island of Artilitheia; this is also the reason we are so smart. We are not dead, infact our organs are wonderfully in shape, we are also able to have kids; this is also the way I came about, I was born a vampire. Another thing is we do not turn into bats, or any other animal; those are the shape shifters, like my friend Muskaan and her mate Rahul. 

See, what really happened was the scientists of Artilitheia managed to develop a nanochip that enables our bodies to quickly regenerate any cell that gets killed in our bodies; this also keeps our bodies safe from the effects of the sun, pollution etc. the chip also stopped aging. At that time, as scientifically developed as we were, we had no idea that there were other people in this world; due to the fact the ancient Artilitheians were idiots who spent all their time on genetics. Then one day a volcano that had been dormant for over 300,000 years blew up, everyone knew there was no way to escape but through the sea. The nation used all our 50,000 ships to get people and supplies off the doomed island. After a few weeks at sea, everyone was famished and there seemed to be no way of survival, then, one day someone saw a strip of land over the horizon The dog -tired Artilitheian sailors quicked their pace, and soon they were on the land. That land was India, it was largely uninhabited, and so, my parents along with the rest of the Artilitheians inhabited it.

That was over 12,000 years ago, since then Artilitheians have adapted to our new environment. For those of us born in the Americas fitting in was easy, as this was how they were raised, I however, was raised in India. As I told you earlier, our main source of nourishment is blood, and about ninety years ago, humans came upon the idea of blood banks, which, just between you and me, was really planted in some important associates' minds by my uncle, Roberto.

Coming to what's going on now, the Van Helsing wannabe, his name is Abhimanyu Modi, he recently found out about us; many of kind tried to get into his mind and remove any memories, but the man has an ultra twisted mind, I've tried, it starts hurting after about five minutes. Abhimanyu is an extremely intelligent man; he used to own a multi-million dollar music company, a couple months all of it all blew up in his face, and he blames it all on Armaan Malik, a successful businessman. Armaan added a branch to his production empire when he started Malik Music Corporation; this came as a major blow to Abhimanyu's striving business, and in months Abhimanyu had lost more than half his contracts to Valentino Music Corp.; a short time later, Abhimanyu's mother died of a heart attack. Then, he discovered what we were, and in his now frantic mind, Armaan was the reason everything went wrong in his life. Fortunately, Abhimanyu did not know vampires don't die from a simple staking; you have to chop off a vampire's head to destroy it. I was hired about two weeks ago when Abhimanyu made his fourth attempt on Armaan's life; this time he staked him in the heart, paralyzing him, thankfully Armaan was found by his secretary soon.

I can see him now, Abhimanyu's walking out of the building, I stand up to follow him, suddenly out of the corner of my eye I saw someone else jump up, it was a man in his thirties, and he wasn't one of us, I could tell by his plain brown eyes. Vampires have silver or gold-flecked eyes, depending on your age. He had a stake attached to his belt, and he was heading right towards me! I reacted quite quickly, which took the attacker by surprise; before he could react I was across the street, pulling Abhimanyu into my Mazda convertible. I dove in and quickly drove off; I would decide where to head later. I turned to Abhimanyu, "So," I asked, "why are you trying to kill Armaan?"

He stared at me like he thought I was crazy, I wondered if he had a right to do so because I wasn't the one trying to kill a vampire, and I told him that.

"He ruined me," he replied after a moment, "he destroyed my business and he is the reason my mom died."

I laughed, I couldn't help it, it just sounded so funny the way he said it, he actually pouted!

"I'm sorry," I apologized, "I shouldn't have laughed. I noticed there was someone out to kill me, did you not want to do it yourself or what?"

"What are you talking about?" he asked, bewildered, "I never told anyone to kill you! Why would I do that?"

"Maybe because I'm here to question you about the fact that tried to kill Armaan Malik four times already?" I demanded, "Did you seriously think a stake could kill me, or any of us that are not human?"

"I-" he started.

"Don't know?" I interrupted, "is that what you were going to say? Who told you about us anyway; I mean they must not be thinking straight, thinking a confused man like you could kill one of us." I was getting him mad and I knew I crossed the line, oops, too late to backtrack now! Before I could say anything he started talking.

"Look lady," he said, "I have no idea who you are, but I do know that you don't know the whole story. Look, I'm a vampire too," saying this he turned his face towards me and I looked in to his eyes, his eyes were a light gold color, they also had gold flecks in them, I must have missed them earlier.

"Oh," I said, dumbfounded. Vampires tracking down and trying to destroy other vampires wasn't usual…

"WAIT!" I screamed slamming on the brakes, "if you were a vampire, you would know to cut off his head," I softened my voice, "why didn't you?"

"Because," he said, "that would bring suspicion onto a vampire. I work for the council; we have been scouring the earth for Malik since 1992."

I could only stare at him, the council? O dear, this was a big deal, and Malik must have done something really bad if the council got called in. The members of the council were like vampire monarchy, they decided what was right, what had to be done about rogues, they were the vampire's form of government and they would hardly look into something like this unless it was somehow really, really important to them.

"O god," I said, "O god O god O god!" 

He got an amused look on his face, then he broke into a grin- and I almost fainted. This was not good! I shook my head in an attempt to get it cleared; I had to get a hold of myself.

"Okay," I said, "why is the council looking for Malik? What did he do that is so bad the council wants him?"

"Armaan is a dangerous man," he answered. Well, duh, I think I can figure that part out on my own. "Malik went rogue in 1990, but the council didn't figure it out until 1992." he went on.

This was news to me; I thought Mr. Malik had a perfect record excepting his business deals. He couldn't possibly be a rogue, those things turned humans left and right.

"So did we," Abhimanyu, if that was his real name, replied, I realized that he had been reading my mind while I thought. "Until a lot of people around the area he lived started disappearing. A fellow Artilitheian was passing through, he stayed with Malik at his house, that's where he heard noises and discovered the newly turned; he immediately reported this to the council; unfortunately Malik discovered what he had done and killed him."

"O, no," I said, "that sounds horrible, how many did he turn?"

"We found about fifteen in his basement," he replied.

We sat in silence; neither of us knew what to say. Suddenly there was a crash as a rock flew in through my front windshield.

"Aghhhhhh!" I screamed.

Out of what seemed nowhere, a stake flew in; it was stopped from piercing me by Abhimanyu's hand, which was now above my chest, with a stake in it. O boy, this day just keeps on getting better and better. I was brought out of my thoughts by Abhimanyu shouting in my ear to get out of the car, I scrambled out- right into the open arms of Armaan Malik, Oh dear! The element of surprise helped me when I pushed him and ran around the car. Abhimanyu came this way right then, we ran past each other and I turned around just in time to see him plunge the stake into Malik's heart.

"So," I said, we had just finished burning the remains of Armaan Malik's body. I had subconsciously driven us into a deserted part of the forest, which when I thought about it now, would not have been good if Abhimanyu had been the bad guy. Thankfully he wasn't.

"Who's going to pay me now?"

Abhimanyu burst out laughing; I looked at him and smiled. Then we turned to look at my car. We would have to run back to town and I would have to come back for my car later. I realized I was also very hungry; I needed to feed, another thing to do when I got home. Well, I could soak in the tub while I fed…

"You wanna get some blood?" Abhimanyu said.

"Huh? O- Um…."

"I know that you're hungry." He said with a grin on his face.

GOD he was HOT!!!

His grin grew wider, o shit I thought,

"Um… yea," I replied, "but stay out of my head."

"But you have such interesting thoughts" he said pouting.

Well, I thought, this was going to be interesting….

"Let's try it though," I said, "I'll help you"

You jerk, I thought, get out of my head!

Abhimanyu gave me a look and walked off,

"Coming?" He shouted back.

"Yea, yea," I said heading towards him.

My life just got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more interesting.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AbhiNikiLuver

AbhiNikiLuver IF-Dazzler
AbhiNikiLuver
AbhiNikiLuver

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged
res
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top