Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Misti it was not personal but some how i felt perhaps i hurt you as you put so much effort  and time in going through the characters and situations.....Here  i think Dai Ma is going to play the role of Krishna , as in Mahabharata ,  guiding Dev and being the pillar of  strength  behind Dev....As Dev  will  be pitted against all the cousins and again it will be kind of dharam yudhh....Till now have not introduced Rohan.s sister....  again if going to be Pardes way then Dev will be playing Shahrukh ,s role and Rohan as Apoorva....Can be interesting .....Shanti has toned down and just in to habitual blabbering....Radhika was good when she threw one glance at her mother ,then happily lost in her world....

No Neerja you did not hurt me in any way. As I said it was just my POV. As for for show I also think that ammaji does have a guiding role in it......but I also hope that slowly they show Dev having the strength in himself to face the challenges in life. In the same way I hope they show Radhika having the inner strength to face life.......I mean now both might be depending on either ammaji (Dev) or father (Radhika)......but the change should happen and they can show that as the story progresses. .....because in order to be  a RP they have to have the self belief and strength.Lets see how the story progresses.
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
My problem with the two episodes of Thursday and Friday were also the speed and logic.  I have already talked about Friday.  But even on Thursday a lot of logic was missing.  They suddenly showed Kabutarni taking control of RP.  Why was she allowed to do that?  Just based on some partial finger pointing.  They never showed why muth people would suddenly accept her authority.  Did she bribe some influential people or what.

Another thing is her basic stingy nature.  She was shown overriding Dadaji commands when she refused to donate the required amount of wheat (3 bags instead of 4 bags) and Padma responded by taunting her about not adding sugar to the pudding to save money.  

So a functioning of such a person would be different from somebody like Dadaji.  So how come there is no discontent against her rule?  Why has Dev not picked up on that if he is running things for her?  Has she changed and running things exactly the way Dadaji was running?  That is not possible for someone like her.  If she was so corrupt when she had no say,  wouldn't she be worse in 12 years.  People would start complaining about her and wait for an alternative.  Show us that at least.

Now Abhay from CB1 track was shown doing Katyani's bidding.  But she projected a honest picture in front of him and only allowed him to participate in things that required honesty or negotiations.  She did the dirty back behind his back with the help of Hanuman.  Also, he didn't know her from the childhood.  So it was still acceptable for him to be fooled by her for few years. His behavior did not make sense when he moved to PB and did things that went against Dev's basic nature.  Dev was shown to be sensitive to everyone's feelings including Vishaka's.  On top of that he never hurt Radhika and would apologize to her for small things.  So it did not make sense for him to suddenly become self-centered and start hurting his family members.

But Friday's episode where everyone is quietly listening to Maheswari making plans did not make by any means.  Instead of showing the wedding plans, they should have shown interaction of Maheswari with other family members and responses.  The birthday did not have to be in a month.  First of all, if the wealth of RP is such a big thing Maheswari would be frantic by now and not looking so cool.  

The treatment is so hurried.  I am sure next few episodes would be near misses of Radhika and Dev's meeting where they would be feeling each other's presence and yet would miss seeing one another.  The audience would be curious to see if they meet and hence their expectation of TRP rise.  Then the whole selection process, Dev realizing that his DG is supposed to marry his cousin, his sacrificing his feelings, Radhika's tears of guilt for thinking about other guy other than bumbumbhole, Radhika getting convinced about Rohan being her husband, moving to Mathura, avoiding and yet meeting Dev, realizing he is her husband yet unable to tell him for one reason or other... would take several weeks of episodes.  The audience would be impatient to know if Radhika marries somebody other than Dev (not possible in Kanha world) and the producers thinking that this would get them TRPs.  

But the characterization of all side characters including leads would ping pong constantly.  I can not believe that they do not have a story board where each character is described properly.  If they do, why this sudden change?  They got good TRPs with kids' track.  But they want to get more and that's why they are overdoing the meeting promos of Dev and Radhika as well as Kanha.  They are again becoming greedy to get the short term profits and short-changing audience again (the ones who want to see more than just Avina in every frame and are actually interested in a coherent logical story).

I am going to compare CB with another show on StarPlus where they killed the lead (not sure if he was meant to be a lead) in just few months as it was needed for the story.  The show faltered as its fans who liked him disliked the death intensely.  They criticized the writers constantly about this decision.   It is a slow show at times but the writers stuck to their guns.  Now the show is back in top 10.  All the characters are complex and grey and there is a logic for their actions.  If somebody is changing in character, it is shown as a logical progression.  I don't know how long it would continue but so far there is consistency in the characters.  That is what is needed for a show.  The slow and steady wins the race but the channel and PH has not realized that.  
Edited by why3 - 13 years ago
Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 Do not think Arjuna  was mentally weak but when was to fight against his  own  then was reluctant..here the guidance force was Krishna....I also want to see the Dev  of  first part of CB1. not loud once , but confident....where he knew what he wanted to do , Not the one who slowly became  Mataram,s puppet ...Same for Radhika if someone is there to support  and guide you as in the case of Radhika, either you become dependent or  become mentally  strong....For that she does not have to loud or should be vocal if she needs arise not to be silent one..I think  everyone wants the same in CB 2 but expressions varies....
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: why3

My problem with the two episodes of Thursday and Friday were also the speed and logic.  I have already talked about Friday.  But even on Thursday a lot of logic was missing.  They suddenly showed Kabutarni taking control of RP.  Why was she allowed to do that?  Just based on some partial finger pointing.  They never showed why muth people would suddenly accept her authority.  Did she bribe some influential people or what.

On thursday when that happened there was some discomfort and confusion on Pradhans face and then they showed him saying yes.........Even Padma said if babuji is saying.......so for thursday I took it as people's shock, initially confused and thats why they said yes........I think Pradhan first accepted and then the others followed.....so if the pradhan being the leader is accepting then the others also might say yes. But in the next 12 years the cracks should have been visible......How ever much Kabutari tries her true nature must have come out in some instances....so again for me someone has to be covering for her or someone is showing that there are no mistakes......so basically manipulating her. Thats why I want to see amma.......she was extremely cautious on thursday and I don't believe that a shrewd person like her will believe in Maheshwaris acting. She might keep quiet but her believing will mean that amma has been dumped down.

Another thing is her basic stingy nature.  She was shown overriding Dadaji commands when she refused to donate the required amount of wheat (3 bags instead of 4 bags) and Padma responded by taunting her about not adding sugar to the pudding to save money.  
So a functioning of such a person would be different from somebody like Dadaji.  So how come there is no discontent against her rule?  Why has Dev not picked up on that if he is running things for her?  Has she changed and running things exactly the way Dadaji was running?  That is not possible for someone like her.  If she was so corrupt when she had no say,  wouldn't she be worse in 12 years.  People would start complaining about her and wait for an alternative.  Show us that at least.

Here again she might smile and do all this but she is bound to slip sometime......so again that should be visible. If Dev has been working with her all the time then the cracks should have been picked up by him........other reasons might be that someone is covering for her in the ashram......that Mahant you talked about whose daughter is Mohini....Maheshwari had a very sacastic tone when she said that Mohini is the ideal bahu for this family........the other reason might be that Dev might have picked up on Maheshwaris mistakes and reported them to someone whom he trusts....who inturn has convinced him that it is ok .......convinced him to protect him in the only way that she could. 

But Friday's episode where everyone is quietly listening to Maheswari making plans did not make by any means.  Instead of showing the wedding plans, they should have shown interaction of Maheswari with other family members and responses.  The birthday did not have to be in a month.  First of all, if the wealth of RP is such a big thing Maheswari would be frantic by now and not looking so cool. 

Yes to the interaction....they should have highlighted in the interaction between the family members to make the characters a bit more clearer to the audience...........and not this jump to the wedding. As for Maheshwari her inner anxiety should now make her start making mistakes more frequently which the right people should pick up.  

The treatment is so hurried.  I am sure next few episodes would be near misses of Radhika and Dev's meeting where they would be feeling each other's presence and yet would miss seeing one another.  The audience would be curious to see if they meet and hence their expectation of TRP rise.  Then the whole selection process, Dev realizing that his DG is supposed to marry his cousin, his sacrificing his feelings, Radhika's tears of guilt for thinking about other guy other than bumbumbhole, Radhika getting convinced about Rohan being her husband, moving to Mathura, avoiding and yet meeting Dev, realizing he is her husband yet unable to tell him for one reason or other... would take several weeks of episodes.  The audience would be impatient to know if Radhika marries somebody other than Dev (not possible in Kanha world) and the producers thinking that this would get them TRPs.  
But the characterization of all side characters including leads would ping pong constantly.  I can not believe that they do not have a story board where each character is described properly.  If they do, why this sudden change?  They got good TRPs with kids' track.  But they want to get more and that's why they are overdoing the meeting promos of Dev and Radhika as well as Kanha.  They are again becoming greedy to get the short term profits and short-changing audience again (the ones who want to see more than just Avina in every frame and are actually interested in a coherent logical story).

Yes regarding story, characterisation and TRPs.....Zee is now in the rush to be the number one channel...so they won't care about story but most probably will do anything to get the TRPs. I will be happy to be proved wrong but that is my hunch.

I am going to compare CB with another show on StarPlus where they killed the lead (not sure if he was meant to be a lead) in just few months as it was needed for the story.  The show faltered as its fans who liked him disliked the death intensely.  They criticized the writers constantly about this decision.   It is a slow show at times but the writers stuck to their guns.  Now the show is back in top 10.  All the characters are complex and grey and there is a logic for their actions.  If somebody is changing in character, it is shown as a logical progression.  I don't know how long it would continue but so far there is consistency in the characters.  That is what is needed for a show.  The slow and steady wins the race but the channel and PH has not realized that.
I think I know which one you are talikng about here, but that one might get replaced by the second season of a very popular show that end   

Angie I think that show.......I have heard good things about that show..... although the TAMs are not good.

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: misti73

Yes regarding story, characterisation and TRPs.....Zee is now in the rush to be the number one channel...so they won't care about story but most probably will do anything to get the TRPs. I will be happy to be proved wrong but that is my hunch.

That's why management has to change as the basic thinking is the same.  The audience response forced them to bring back CB2.  Otherwise, there was no respect for the CB concept by either the channel or the production house.  

I think I know which one you are talikng about here, but that one might get replaced by the second season of a very popular show that end   

Angie I think that show.......I have heard good things about that show..... although the TAMs are not good.

I didn't watch this show until mid January even though there used to be lot of advertisements on SP.  But then one day the negative lead caught my interest because I had seen him in "Legend of Bhakat Singh" and liked his performance.  He appeared to be more interesting than the lead character.  I still don't watch it like CB but watch its couple of episodes every week depending on the update.  The TAMs went down when they killed the husband but it was always meant to be as they were giving lot of hints for weeks.  But the interaction between the negative character (who is very complex and grey) and the main female lead is one of the most interesting.  Other cast is also complex and it is not typical Saas-bahu or a love story.  Even though the female is very strong mentally, she is not shown as "Maahan" or "sacrificing" for no reason.  None of the characters are dumb.  Even if they keep quiet in front of manipulative people, it is not out of dumbness but have reasons for doing so.  Everyone is aware of everyone's motives and questions it if somebody changes color suddenly.  That was what was missing in Friday's episode for me.    

This serial took time in establishing everyone's characters and showing a logic behind their actions.  The cast is also talented.  TAMs are not good, but TRPs this week showed them in top 10 spot for the first time.  Not sure if this show would last or if they would make changes to it to get TRPs.  I hope  they don't do that.

Except for few people, CB2 cast has disappointed me after the leap.  Even though I like Pragati Mehra, somehow she is not fitting the role of an ominous manipulator.  At most I can see her as a more shrewd Mrinalini.  

misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: neerjashingla

Do not think Arjuna  was mentally weak but when was to fight against his  own  then was reluctant..here the guidance force was Krishna....I also want to see the Dev  of  first part of CB1. not loud once , but confident....where he knew what he wanted to do , Not the one who slowly became  Mataram,s puppet ...Same for Radhika if someone is there to support  and guide you as in the case of Radhika, either you become dependent or  become mentally  strong....For that she does not have to loud or should be vocal if she needs arise not to be silent one..I think  everyone wants the same in CB 2 but expressions varies....

Arjun was not weak but he did not have the self belief in his own convictions to go against the family..........that is why Krishnas guidance was needed to give him the push..........same way Dev might also not be mentally weak.........but he might need amma's guidance to give the push to get the self belief in himself. Amma won't be there for ever by his side, and that is why he needs that self belief in himself.Same also for Radhika and link to self belief........and one can be quiet be strong.
misti73 thumbnail
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Misti Angie Neerja Radha seema loving reading every ones thoughts and me busy watching India Ireland cricket match.😉
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: chalhov

Misti Angie Neerja Radha seema loving reading every ones thoughts and me busy watching India Ireland cricket match.😉

Anything good happening there? I mean the match

PutijaChalhov thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: misti73

Anything good happening there? I mean the match

India won the toss and chose to bowl and Ireland   was 207 and now India playing 144 for 4 and 36th over going on lets see 😊

OK India won by 5 wickets.
Edited by chalhov - 13 years ago