India-Forums

Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi
Chhoti Bahu - Sawar Ke Rang Rachi

Mistis thoughts 4th March 2011 (Page 7)

abhilasha_dream IF-Rockerz
abhilasha_dream
abhilasha_dream

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 6:27am | IP Logged
misti I was in the same thought as you when I saw Radhika and Dev today, responding to Maheswari and Chanda.

Chanda reminded me of Visakha who blamed Radhika for all her wrong deeds and Radhika took the blame silently, here also things r repeating.

Now comes Dev, who is just nodding his head. Already its said that Dev is treated like the servant of the house, so I hope he is not made to keep umb all the time as I have understood that this time it will be Dev who will be running away from Radhika while she will keep chasing him.

I just hope that Dev is not reduced to a mere spectator in this season but is given good role like he had in CB 1 earlier episodes. I have this strong feeling as Radhika is being given lots of importance in this season...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakmisti73Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by viprakshi

thanks misti.......

You are welcome viprakshi.
Tilashini IF-Sizzlerz
Tilashini
Tilashini

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 6:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Originally posted by Tilashini

Originally posted by Tilashini

Aur Kuch Na Janu, Bas Itna Hi Janu(DEV)..
Tujhe Mein Rab Dikhta Hai, Yaara Mein Kya Karu
Tujhe Mein Rab Dikhta Hai, Yaara Mein Kya Karu...Day DreamingLOL

Tigu how are you today? Did you call the ambulance or were the smelling salts enough.Wink

nothing much yar....no much scenes to scream at....oni the start my janu was there..CryLOLLOL

Well your bare chested janu was there for few minutes but then after that he was also...although wearing a shirt.........Tigu he can't be bare chested all the time.Wink Poor thing will get pneumonia. WinkLOL

also wat??? ROFL ROFL arrre no yar....i din mean tat...LOL i meant not much of him yestdy....Cry hoping to see more of him coming monday....EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Edited by Tilashini - 05 March 2011 at 6:57am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by why3

I know many people in the forum are talking about giving time to the characters.  But based on this PH and the channel with the previous version,  I am skeptical that they are planning to show anything more complex or giving time to this show to adjust.  The other show such as YMGGK (don't watch it) picked up the TRPs after 1.5 years and yet they expect TRPs to CB to be in top 10 within first month.

This is also where I am seeing the difference between CB and other shows in the hands of Zee....for CB quick TRPs from the start is important but this same Zee can keep a show going for 6 months or more with far less TRPs.

The TRPs were high in first two weeks because audience liked the characters of kids introduced in the show.  Also, the main child actors playing Dev, Radhika, Virath, Chenu, Barkha fit their roles perfectly and performed very well.  If they change the characters after the adults are introduced,  the audience would be turned off after few weeks or months and TRPs would go down instead of going up. 

Yes...........the kiddies were brilliant.......and for the last two weeks they did justify the characters that they were enacting.....but if the same characters are now going to be played with then why will the audience be interested.They will migrate to the shows that makes sense.

Why not start slow and steady by building up complexities in each character and then you have a lot of stories for everyone.  Probably I am being too harsh but the episode yesterday did not bode well for the future in my opinion.  Since I carry my fondness for Dev from the first CB1 and also from first two weeks of chota Dev, it makes me mad when they play with that character.  Also, people have to like the lead characters.  Here I liked choti Radhika and so far adult Radhika, but can't say the same for adult Dev.

For me more than liking it has to make sense regarding their actions and behavior. I can watch  a character whom I don't like so long there is logic behind his actions......but if he just starts jumping around then I loose interest and that character becomes a caricature. 

[QUOTE=misti73]

Wonder if it is just two directors or the script writers or they want to project Radhika as this sweet innocent person who is always surprised by people's lies.  That does not cut for me.  A sweet natured person is not meant to be dumb.  Even if she loves her sister unconditionally, she has to be aware of her nature.  They showed that in the childhood where she didn't take Chanda's word and had to be convinced by Chenu whom she trusted more.  So after living for 18+ years she has to know that Chanda uses her constantly.  Radhika of CB1 was aware of Vishaka's duplicity, but covered for her because of her obligations towards the family.  So she was not surprised when Vishaka would turn on her all the time.  She would be shown hurt but not surprised. 
 Even when the second year of CB1 was terrible, they showed Radhika being very uneasy and unsure about her mother's testimony regarding the first wedding.  That went with the character as she knew that her mother had preferred Vishaka over her at every crucial moment.

Yes CB1's Radhika kept to herself and she did not let her real feelings out...only Dev was the person to whom she opened up. Radhika in CB1 always knew what the members of her foster family were......it was obligation and expert manipulation by amma that made her shut up. Since we are talking of manipulators..........amma was the manipulator, she knew peoples weakness and attacked that......whether Shastriji, Vishaka, deviki or Radhika........although she was quite open about her hatred but she used to manipulate her son into silence.........her daughter in law into silence. Even the way she set to burn Radhika was a well thought out plan........after being told by Devki that Dev will not marry anyone when Radhika is alive.........she goes out and sweetly blesses Radhika in front of everyone to hoodwink Radhika and others. Since people knew about her hatred.....Dev knew about the bangles.........Shastriji and others knew about the mehendi.....when Radhika gets burnt people will not suspect her. She knew that Radhika most probably will not tell because she was still under ammas control. That is how a manipulator works, but even when Maheshwari pushed dadaji that was a reaction to the sentence that "there is nothing in niyati that says that she will get the luxirious life of an RPtian"......that is when her expression changes and she lashes out. Before that she was trying to ask for her son's right....reason with dadaji.......so Maheshwari is not a manipulator for me.

It is true what you have written for a sweet person.........being sweet does not mean that the person is dumb.

So, here she is fully aware of her mother and sister's nature.  She was not shown to be surprised when her mother gave a look to her after Pandit asked her to go to Nandgao for Radha Astami.  In fact, she was shown to be extremely happy and then she controlled her smile and happiness after seeing her mother's face.  She then became happy again after her father endorsed the visit.  Then, she kept smiling regardless of mother's loud disapproval.  That was done very nicely and I liked it.

Yes but would like to see more groW*H in Radhika.....so that she does not depend on her fathers support.  I hope they show that in her character development in future episodes.

Anyway since the surprise scene was the only jarring note in otherwise perfect interaction of Radhika with her family,  I would give it a benefit of doubt and assume that it was just direction.

I am clinging on to direction now for that scene.

Overall, liked Radhika with her family and the characterization was intact for the most part.  Shanti was an exception because she seemed subdued.  But that could be that her husband has now put his foot down regarding Radhika and she would wait for an opportunity to strike back. 

Shanti was a bit different....I wasn't sure whether she is bidding her time or just mellowed down. Have to see more of her.  

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhovchipakabhilasha_dreamAngie12Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 7:58am | IP Logged

I saw first few episodes of CB1 and remember that Dev seemed so much in character from the first scene where he was carefree.  His interaction with his family showed immediately that he was a pampered son of the family.  He was shown to respect his father and yet had a distance from him.  His interaction with Mrinalini indicated that he is aware of her nature and  was used to putting her down in his own subtle way.  It was really brilliant.
 Here, he looked separate as if he did not belong there and yet his smiling and indulgent expressions were at odd.  Either Avinash did not act properly or he was given this confusing description of his role.

In CB1 both Dev and Radhikas characterisations were ok from the start.........they started playing with Radhika first to give amma importance and then played with Dev to make amma the demi God that killed the spirit of the show. Regarding Dev here again I am not sure whether it was Avinash or not clear description of th character by the director or the creative team. 

Even with Rohan's role, it seemed that he was younger to Dev.  But I can accept that as probably they are shown quite close in age with Dev younger than Rohan by few months.  Also, a responsible person can look older than somebody who is carefree and used to indulging himself.  So that was ok.  But Viraath was a big disappointment.  The child actor was so good in showing his rebellious and jealous nature.  This guy was using glares to indicate his negativity.  There was nothing understated or subtle about him.  If he is supposed to be one of the main villians, couldn't they have brought another actor.  I think Apoorva would have been much better.

After seeing that actor who is playing Viraath I was not impressed.......the child actor was very good from the first scene. I don't know whether it is the actors fault, the directors fault or the creatives teams fault in not explaining to him what the character is about.   

Probably Mohini is acting as there were some hidden currents between her and Maheswari.  But she came across as an empty headed person to me with her excessive loud makeup and mannerisms.  It seemed incomprehensible as to why Maheswari would bring such a girl for her son if she intends him to be the RP.  Is it because she is a daughter of a Chief Mahant who probably helped Maheswari in 12 years to rule the muths and such? 
The daughter of a chief Mahant might be the answer here.........he would be able to cover her mistakes...at work ....but then Dev should be shown figuring out something is wrong.There was a bit of sarcasm in their exchange..... 

There was nothing complex about Maheswari when she was introduced and in last two weeks she came across as a hot-headed selfish person who had no love for anybody.  She cared for her status and wealth and even used her son for that purpose.  Now to suddenly make her the main manipulator is absolutely nonsense.

Manipulator and Maheshwari does not make sense.

That is my fear given the history of production house and the channel.  When Maheswari mentioned that she has to get Rohan married in a month, my apprehension escalated.  It was like Akthi wedding.  I was hoping that they would show Dev and Radhika meeting without knowing about each other and feels a connection.  They would try to pull away from one another when Dev realizes that Radhika was a chosen girl for his cousin and Radhika would be torn between her feelings for Bumbumbhole's memory and Dev.  So they would show their dilemma where Radhika would realize the truth first and go full heartedly after Dev.  Dev would be attracted to Radhika because of their connection and because he feels so disconnected from his own adopted family.  But they are not going to build that suddenly go for marriage rituals where all the supposed rituals would happen with Dev (reverse of CB1) and at the last minute the wedding won't happen.  Why not show Rohan's birthday after six months or so?  Why the hurry to bring Radhika to Dev's house rightaway.

Yes I am apprehesive about that happening........the sudden rush for marriage without building up the story. Today I read that apparently Colors have done some research and have decided to change the flavour of their shows......one of their upcoming shows has been cancelled because Colors now wants to move away from violent and regressive subjects........and this research news came just after Zee beat colors.......(.http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/9030-shakuntalam-telefilms-kudesan-shelved.htm) . 

I liked it when they mentioned a scholarship for her from Mathura's college but then they rightaway talked about wedding in one month and that brought down the expectations.

Yes the scholarship part made me happy but then the rush for marriage burst my bubble.  

I too found it great that for several months the leads were connected but rarely met.  Even afterwards they showed Radhika living in an ashram and that was really good.  Besides the burning track, they ruined the track when they decided the best way to conduct a show is by making all the villians and leads live together.  So, Vishaka and Amma were put in the PB without any reason and similarly Shantanu, Kanika and Katyani were brought to live with PB even if it was not logical.  That's when CB1 was ruined and they seemed to be going towards that with CB2 too.
Yes.

Think this is going to happen.  Sorry to be so pessimistic, but the first episode has to be impactful and it was anything but that.  When I say the first episode, I meant the first episode with the adult cast.  Except for Rashmi and Chenu, everyone was introduced.
 Its not pessimistic, it is realistic based on the channel and PHs history in dealing with CB.....and for me too the first episode has to be strong to generate interest in the average viewers .....I am not talking about the loyal CB viewers.  

Edited by misti73 - 05 March 2011 at 7:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chipakJustShantaAngie12Neerjaa

JustShanta Goldie
JustShanta
JustShanta

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:20am | IP Logged

I saw first few episodes of CB1 and remember that Dev seemed so much in character from the first scene where he was carefree.  His interaction with his family showed immediately that he was a pampered son of the family.  He was shown to respect his father and yet had a distance from him.  His interaction with Mrinalini indicated that he is aware of her nature and  was used to putting her down in his own subtle way.  It was really brilliant.
 Here, he looked separate as if he did not belong there and yet his smiling and indulgent expressions were at oddEither Avinash did not act properly or he was given this confusing description of his role.

In CB1 both Dev and Radhikas characterisations were ok from the start.........they started playing with Radhika first to give amma importance and then played with Dev to make amma the demi God that killed the spirit of the show. Regarding Dev here again I am not sure whether it was Avinash or not clear description of the character by the director or the creative team. 

Even with Rohan's role, it seemed that he was younger to Dev.  But I can accept that as probably they are shown quite close in age with Dev younger than Rohan by few months.  Also, a responsible person can look older than somebody who is carefree and used to indulging himself.  So that was ok.  But Viraath was a big disappointment.  The child actor was so good in showing his rebellious and jealous nature.  This guy was using glares to indicate his negativity.  There was nothing understated or subtle about him.  If he is supposed to be one of the main villians, couldn't they have brought another actor.  I think Apoorva would have been much better.

After seeing that actor who is playing Viraath I was not impressed.......the child actor was very good from the first scene. I don't know whether it is the actors fault, the directors fault or the creatives teams fault in not explaining to him what the character is about.   

Probably Mohini is acting as there were some hidden currents between her and Maheswari.  But she came across as an empty headed person to me with her excessive loud makeup and mannerisms.  It seemed incomprehensible as to why Maheswari would bring such a girl for her son if she intends him to be the RP.  Is it because she is a daughter of a Chief Mahant who probably helped Maheswari in 12 years to rule the muths and such? 
The daughter of a chief Mahant might be the answer here.........he would be able to cover her mistakes...at work ....but then Dev should be shown figuring out something is wrong.There was a bit of sarcasm in their exchange..... 

There was nothing complex about Maheswari when she was introduced and in last two weeks she came across as a hot-headed selfish person who had no love for anybody.  She cared for her status and wealth and even used her son for that purpose.  Now to suddenly make her the main manipulator is absolutely nonsense.

Manipulator and Maheshwari does not make sense.

That is my fear given the history of production house and the channel.  When Maheswari mentioned that she has to get Rohan married in a month, my apprehension escalated.  It was like Akthi wedding.  I was hoping that they would show Dev and Radhika meeting without knowing about each other and feels a connection.  They would try to pull away from one another when Dev realizes that Radhika was a chosen girl for his cousin and Radhika would be torn between her feelings for Bumbumbhole's memory and Dev.  So they would show their dilemma where Radhika would realize the truth first and go full heartedly after Dev.  Dev would be attracted to Radhika because of their connection and because he feels so disconnected from his own adopted family.  But they are not going to build that suddenly go for marriage rituals where all the supposed rituals would happen with Dev (reverse of CB1) and at the last minute the wedding won't happen.  Why not show Rohan's birthday after six months or so?  Why the hurry to bring Radhika to Dev's house rightaway.

Yes I am apprehesive about that happening........the sudden rush for marriage without building up the story. Today I read that apparently Colors have done some research and have decided to change the flavour of their shows......one of their upcoming shows has been cancelled because Colors now wants to move away from violent and regressive subjects........and this research news came just after Zee beat colors.......(.http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/9030-shakuntalam-telefilms-kudesan-shelved.htm) . 

I liked it when they mentioned a scholarship for her from Mathura's college but then they rightaway talked about wedding in one month and that brought down the expectations.

Yes the scholarship part made me happy but then the rush for marriage burst my bubble.  

I too found it great that for several months the leads were connected but rarely met.  Even afterwards they showed Radhika living in an ashram and that was really good.  Besides the burning track, they ruined the track when they decided the best way to conduct a show is by making all the villians and leads live together.  So, Vishaka and Amma were put in the PB without any reason and similarly Shantanu, Kanika and Katyani were brought to live with PB even if it was not logical.  That's when CB1 was ruined and they seemed to be going towards that with CB2 too.
Yes.

Think this is going to happen.  Sorry to be so pessimistic, but the first episode has to be impactful and it was anything but that.  When I say the first episode, I meant the first episode with the adult cast.  Except for Rashmi and Chenu, everyone was introduced.
 Its not pessimistic, it is realistic based on the channel and PHs history in dealing with CB.....and for me too the first episode has to be strong to generate interest in the average viewers .....I am not talking about the loyal CB viewers.  

felt he was on the outside, looking in

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Angie12misti73Neerjaa

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by radha_bilahari

Misti,

Thanks for your comments.  Your apprehensions about the various characters are very valid and understandable.  I do have a POV here which may or may not be correct and let us see where it leads to.

1)  Maheswari's change:  As shown in the first episode she is craving for the RP position but unfortunately has a non cooperative husband and has to live with her dreams.  She wants her son to be the next bet and once again it s a failed cause because her son also did not evince interest in the RP responsibilities.  In a fit of anger she pushed the old man from the stairs and this could have proved  costly if the  old man had kicked the bucket as the entire property would have gone to the trust.  This is more than enough for her to have an introspection and how she needs to be cool.  Now, she also has the false pride of taking care of all the mutts and taking care of the RP responsibilities and prove a point but it is unfortunate that she cannot have the powers.  She has only one master-plan, to get Rohan married, wait for CB to arrive and get her to transfer the entire property in her name.  She is basically playing a waiting game.   On Rohan's birthday if the lawyer does not make the formal announcement she is going to get the shock of her life when you can expect her to revert back to her old self.  Now she is more in the controlling herself mode and posing a good picture to the outer world. 

The highlighted part does not go with a hotheaded person.......a reactive person might be able to do that for some time but for 24rs and for 12 years without slipping. I have major doubts here and would say next to impossible. Either someone is covering her mistakes or someone is manipulating her into believing that everything is hunky dory in her world. Her greed was open for everyone to see and they won't have any discomfort and stand smiling.........only if they are also hiding something and playing along. The othr option is some strong chracters have been dumbed down to let this happen.

If she had continued to be hot-headed woman do you think  Padma and her children, amba and Dev would have still continued to live in PB.  As per my observation, Maheswari has always interacted with her FIL when they were alone and never had witness to their talks?  In this context why would Padma or amba think and know her greedy attributes?  It is only Chintamani who knew about it and the audience.

Nope Amma was always aware of her ..she was trying her best to stop Maheshwari from going with the lawyers.Why will amma do that if she was not suspicious? Then Maheshwari makes Padma ask amma whether she knows anything about the RP decision or the will and ammas response was that why should she know, she is the servant here if there are some imp decisions then Maheshwari should know. Amma looks at Maheshwari before answering. Amma knew that the lawyers are coming for the will. Padma is also aware of her greed.......when Maheshwari declared herself as the RPtian...both Padma and amma were shocked and Padma I think said if babuji wants it then we should do it.......that sentence was a question to amma........and amma just nods. Amma was also not pleased to hear that the lawyers have come to talk to Maheswari....
As for her behaving as someone else....I have been saying that it is next to impossible for a person to do that without slipping once in a while or reveal her true nature. So if people are not saying anything that does not mean that they have not noticed it but it is in their favor to keep their mouth shut now.......so thats  why Maheshwari is not a manipulator, she is successful because someone is letting her be successful for the time being.......someone in the family.  She can only be a successfull manipulator on her own if the other strong characters have been dumbed down.
Maheswari has been rude in her expressions, even when she spoke rudely to Padma has it been in the presence of the children, no then why would the children think she is bad or wrong. 
If a person has been rude to me when I was a child and have treated me badly, then as an adult I will be very wary of that person and maintain my distance.....she or he does not need to be bad to someone else in my presence......and this will be my personal reaction to that person.

Coming to the precap. Dev has been sent as the representative of the family to Nandgaon.  As Maheswari does not want her FIL to recover after this pooja, she has sent Dev, which means she has no clue about Dev being a Purohit by birth.  If Dev gets the feeling that she is treating him as part of the family why will he think she is bad? 
If Dev is thinking that the person who has treated him like crap since childhood is treating him well and that is a bit strange when he was wary of her as a child and he also has amma there as his best buddy. Since he is working with her for 12yrs she is bound to have made mistakes in front of him.........if he has not picked on them till now might again be because of amma .........the other reason is again amma dumbed down. 

Here I would like to state that DEV is a loner.  He did ask his Daima if may parents had been alive would this have happened, for which Daima gave him an answer and he also asked why did not God think of him?  At such an young age if he could get this feeling, he will definitely be reserved which means lack of chemistry with the other members of the family.  If he does fall in love with Radhika, she may be the one to whom he can share his thoughts I do get the feeling he will not let go of her and will fight for her.  The sense of insecurity can work both ways, one which you people have been discussing about and the other which I have to tell. 

Dev might be a loner and thats fine........but the way he was smiling and nodding is head yesterday did not make sense......I gave Abhay example because I do not want to see a repeat of Abhay who was dumbed down...........that was an example. The entire scene in the Purohit house was surreal for me.

Edited by misti73 - 05 March 2011 at 9:25am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhovchipakradha_bilahariAngie12Neerjaa

Tilashini IF-Sizzlerz
Tilashini
Tilashini

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 10:02am | IP Logged
OMG!! HOT BABE!! Blushing misti yar...i notice sumtin....lol...avi keeps wearing shirts w nwdays whereby i allways notice ...."HIS CHEST" LOL Embarrassed Blushing

Go to top