Posted: 04 March 2011 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Ok, finally I saw the episode and despite Misti's warning, it was worse than expected.
What a disappointing show!!!!
Where to start?
Well let me state what I liked first and then I will go to dislikes.
1. Radhika pursuing her education and then getting admission to the University on a scholarship. Does it mean that she and Chanda are same age as she would have passed 12th grade too if she hadn't failed for three years? Or is Radhika going to Masters program and is now 21 years old (about 3 years older than Chanda)
2. Everything about Radhika except for her surprised expression. Will let it go for today and then decide later if her characterization has been changed too. Liked that she is happy to go to the function regardless of mother's objection.
3. Liked the father standing up for Radhika's happiness despite everything.
1. Dev the most. I will get to Maheswari later.
Today has to be the first time that I didn't like Avinash as Dev at all. Dev didn't seem to have chemistry with anybody. There was some with Rohan but not that much either. He seemed to standout in that family as separate and yet was shown to be chummy and smiling like a puppet at everyone. His scenes just did not make any sense what so ever. It seems as if there were two writers - one for kids section and other for adults. The writer for adult characters is terrible.
They totally spoiled his entry from yesterday's show. He was impressive only until he was in the water. Then he sucked big time. I could even accept his scenes with Rohan as they showed they were friends in the second episode and after that they made Rohan a puppet of Virath. But assuming they are going with characterization of second episode, I could accept their scenes.
But then his dialogues to Rohan about being responsible as poor Badi ma is doing so much were terrible. This is what I was afraid of when they showed chota Dev mouthing those dialogues. For a minute I would assume that he loves Dadaji and hence feels that Badi ma is taking good care of him. But he must be visiting Dadaji everyday and can't tell from his expressions that he is angry and frustrated. Will wait to see his interaction with Dadaji and what they have done to justify Dev's infatuation with Maheswari.
2. Even if Padma and Dai are nodding, I would like to see their skepticism. Both were fully aware of Maheswari's faults and yet they were just nodding silently today. Will wait and watch for these two.
3. Adult characters - Except for Rohan, I disliked Virath, Mohini and Chanda. Chanda did not seem to be from a low class family from her dialogue delivery. There was this city accent in her Hindi tone as if she was from some metro area. The actor playing Virath did not impress at all with his glaring at the camera. Mohini seemed like a retard with her makeup, actions and dialogues. Is she for comical purposes as Deepika was? But Deepika came out to be an innocent person and Mohini seemed silly. The kid playing Virath was so good but the adult character looks and sounds different.
4. Maheswari - They seem to be making her one of those vamps who are ruling TV these days such as Amma of Na Aana and so on. But her introduction in last two weeks does not go with that character. She was an open book to everyone and yet now she is being regarded as this holy woman who can do no wrong.
Talking from Abhay experience where we kept on hoping that he is faking his memory loss, I am having a strong feeling that they are making Dev a dumb Abhay who would push Radhika to marry Rohan. I have a feeling that my comments in few weeks would be for Radhika to dump both Rohan and dumb Dev and find someone else from the University which would definitely bring me brickbats from forum viewers.
Finally, why are they hurrying everything to happen in a month. It is because they want to bring Radhika to Mathura to live with this family. They just seem incapable of writing stories where characters can live away from one another and still show interaction. I hope they show Radhika living in a hostel and going to the University. Let her interact with Dev and Rohan outside the home even if she is engaged to Rohan.
They are going to the maximum melodrama in next few weeks and then at the last minute, Radhika will refuse to marry Rohan as she finds out the truth about Dev and her relationship.
Why don't they look at first few months of CB1 where Radhika was shown to live in Vrindavan for four months and Dev lived in Delhi and they barely interacted? It was a big hit because they took time in establishing characters and stories. Here it is a rush to bring them together and show weekly melodrama.
Conclusion: Not impressed at all. Hope next week is different otherwise I would find it hard to root for Dev. I really can not take dumb lead characters.