Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chipak thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

I completely agree with all your points..It seems problm was always thr from starting, it only aggravated post leap....Poor characterisation from the starting itself..Djs are planning to carry this show forward once again on Avinas/Radevs shoulders...this will again prove fatal.
No matter how much fans love Avina to see them together but they want to see their story weaved logically around others and shown in a proper way...DJs got the whole idea of CB2 wrong. ..and mere repeatig the high points liked by many in CB1 wont serve any good...

Thr seems to be no connection among different characters just apart from Rads, Dev and Kanha which again i wud say looked bit imposed to me. leave these thre central characters all other members are loosely defined....For me as a general fan i dont see any reasoning in any of their hurried actions...leave alone other characters..kabutani, her husband, mansaram, padma, ammaji  or other kids till now i am not able to connect with radev properly....Its been 3 whole weeks and i am sorry to say CVs are heading for a roadblock soon.... How long they plan to continue with Radev Hide n seek then sacrifice before final Milan, suppose not long. then what they plan to do. For that they needed to give more space to others also....I wud say atleast in Cb1 it was not the case from the starting and screenplay was good for abt  one and half year..till  that burning n all...Even without wtaching the episodes i was able to connect with it, was able to hate some characters, able to sympathaize with some, able to adore some.....But Cb2 i dont know if i m confused, angry or what simply lost coz i am not able to connect with it....the only two episodes i hav seen i am not able to make out much sense - the one episode was post marraige whr Kid Rads was shown coming home late n Kid bhole ws telling abt his frd to his daima... that was good one but the nxt episode i had seen was this monday whr kid rads was shown to be acting more matured which didnt go down well with me. I felt thr shud hav been more interactions btw Kids radev before n after marriage to show that divine connection...Handling kids was one thing another major pitfall was Kabutani actions before n post leap..what do i say here just wish in future they show either Padma or Ammaji to be acting as second fiddle whr instead its them who were playing the master games all along. I simply hav no expectations from the Shayar husband of Kabutani (or for that matter mansaram)..like they wasted Susheel Cachu they gonna do same with these poor actors...

Hope DJs really hav something in store to surprise us and they dont just rush for short term Trps.  Soory for repeating anything or sounding lil overly pessimist but i m not happy with the way they dealt with moi one n only fav. show....

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chalhov

India won the toss and chose to bowl and Ireland   was 207 and now India playing 144 for 4 and 36th over going on lets see 😊

OK India won by 5 wickets.

Thank you for the news Chalhov.😃😃
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: chipak

I completely agree with all your points..It seems problm was always thr from starting, it only aggravated post leap....Poor characterisation from the starting itself..Djs are planning to carry this show forward once again on Avinas/Radevs shoulders...this will again prove fatal.
No matter how much fans love Avina to see them together but they want to see their story weaved logically around others and shown in a proper way...DJs got the whole idea of CB2 wrong. ..and mere repeatig the high points liked by many in CB1 wont serve any good...

Thr seems to be no connection among different characters just apart from Rads, Dev and Kanha which again i wud say looked bit imposed to me. leave these thre central characters all other members are loosely defined....For me as a general fan i dont see any reasoning in any of their hurried actions...leave alone other characters..kabutani, her husband, mansaram, padma, ammaji  or other kids till now i am not able to connect with radev properly....Its been 3 whole weeks and i am sorry to say CVs are heading for a roadblock soon.... How long they plan to continue with Radev Hide n seek then sacrifice before final Milan, suppose not long. then what they plan to do. For that they needed to give more space to others also....I wud say atleast in Cb1 it was not the case from the starting and screenplay was good for abt  one and half year..till  that burning n all...Even without wtaching the episodes i was able to connect with it, was able to hate some characters, able to sympathaize with some, able to adore some.....But Cb2 i dont know if i m confused, angry or what simply lost coz i am not able to connect with it....the only two episodes i hav seen i am not able to make out much sense - the one episode was post marraige whr Kid Rads was shown coming home late n Kid bhole ws telling abt his frd to his daima... that was good one but the nxt episode i had seen was this monday whr kid rads was shown to be acting more matured which didnt go down well with me. I felt thr shud hav been more interactions btw Kids radev before n after marriage to show that divine connection...Handling kids was one thing another major pitfall was Kabutani actions before n post leap..what do i say here just wish in future they show either Padma or Ammaji to be acting as second fiddle whr instead its them who were playing the master games all along. I simply hav no expectations from the Shayar husband of Kabutani (or for that matter mansaram)..like they wasted Susheel Cachu they gonna do same with these poor actors...

Hope DJs really hav something in store to surprise us and they dont just rush for short term Trps.  Soory for repeating anything or sounding lil overly pessimist but i m not happy with the way they dealt with moi one n only fav. show....

The writers have actually got everything in front of them.....they can make it the story of the fight for RP.........They can bring in intrigue by using amma and Padma carefully (both have their own personal interest)....bring in interesting story regarding Dev birth and how he came into this family (I mean why is the grandfather not abl to acknowledge in grandson openly in society.....why this hesitation and fear)..........bring in the story of Radhikas birth and how she entered that family (why does Mansaram, a poor weaver take it on his head to bring up this girl and for whom he is able to stand upto his domineering wife......why is the mother so jealous of Radhika)......and weave the love story around these plots. Then they will automatically get tracks to write......the side characters can be used......otherwise if the story is just about Dev and Radhika it might hit a wall soon.

First they need to build on the characters and let the audience emotionality connect with the characters. Then only will they be able to hook the audience. If they want the show to last long with good TRPs they need to attract viewers from the other shows who might not be Avinash and Rubina fans.........in order to attract them and get them to watch CB for a long time......they need good characterisation and strong screenplay.....just Radhika and Dev looking at each other might not be enough.
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: misti73

Except for few people, CB2 cast has disappointed me after the leap.  Even though I like Pragati Mehra, somehow she is not fitting the role of an ominous manipulator.  At most I can see her as a more shrewd Mrinalini.  

To me Mrinalini was not shrewd but cunning. A shrewd person will be intelligent to look through peoples nature and also practical, so that he or she will think before saying anything. Mrinalini was cunning......she could guess that something was not in her favour and she could play with people if she wanted but her major faults were her ego and her self importance. 

Misti, you are right.  The word is cunning and not shrewd.  Mrinalini in her cunningness was going with petty schemes (sending Radhika to the producer, getting her kicked out of PB, creating differences between her and Vaishali and so on).  But if she was shrewd, she would have realized right away that Vishaka was no threat to her and should be kept in PB.  But she in her ego helped Vishaka run away and paved way for Radhika.  This is similar to Maheswari who in her ego and pettiness made mistakes that would prove costly to her.  So, show her as Mrinalini and leave the bigger games to other more complex hidden people.  Chacha was that person in CB1 but unfortunately was not used in the second part which would have made the track very interesting.  Chacha had chemistry with Dev, Radhika and the entire PF.  In fact he even had chemistry with Amma though no one in the audience was willing to see Amma after the burning track.

Here,  everything seems to be a misfit as none of occupants of PB are having chemistry with each other.  The main reason may not be actors but because they hurried the introduction so much.  Dadima and Dev had the first interaction at PB and that established a connection in audience mind that these two are very close.  Then, the rest of interactions made things quite clear.  Here, we know that Dai and Dev should be close and yet there was no scene for them.  The whole conference in the living room did not gel together as they introduced these adult characters and relationships without linking it with earlier context.  Suddenly there was a mismatch as to me it seemed that I am watching another writer introducing characters in a totally different way from what was portrayed before.

For example,  Mohini was introduced by Maheswari and she appeared as an empty head and yet they showed Dev nodding smilingly at Maheswari's words about Mohini.  Is he blind that he couldn't see her silliness?  When they showed Deepika in interaction with Dev and Radhika with her spouting gibberish,  Dev commented about Deepika's silliness to Radhika.  Before that there was not much interaction shown and others were tolerant of Deepika's eccentricities.  What was the need to focus on Dev for his reaction.  They did not have to focus the camera on his face if they were not sure how to show his reaction.  That scene along with the dialogues about Badi Ma to Rohan were biggest red flags for me.

misti73 thumbnail
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago