Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Random Ramblers Timbuktoo#67!!!!! (Page 7)

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
India won? Abhi I was asking my sister about it...good good...congrats guys! India will obviously reach the quarter final...and hopefully we can have a India-Pakistan match then....yayyy! India-Pakistan match is the most tensed and frankly the craziest match among all matches....sab pagal hojatein hain...on both sides of the border...haha

GG...Pata nahin yaar....did you see how they played against Canada? Mana bacha team hai...but they were actually playing as if they have won the match already.....185 ka score kar ke bhi inhe sharam nahin ai....they were fooling around in the second inning! They have become wayyyy too overconfident for their own good after these three matches...not that I expected anything less from a team whose captain is Shahid Afridi. Is bande ka confidence 0 runs par out ho kar bhi dekhne wala hota hai...*shakes head*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

incandescence IF-Sizzlerz
incandescence
incandescence

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

Promos of the Shakti show on Channel V......

Oh god it's by the Cinevistaas ppl?? Matlab the oh so amazing creators of DMG? *gulps* LOL

Shakti's looking AMAZING though.

Oh SHITT! No, I won't even dare to watch the promos......show toh duuur ki baat hai! And the title has 'DIL' in it......no...definitely not watching this show...not even for Shakti.

And I completely concur with you about LTL...his eyesight needs to come back and this house needs to goooo...

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
@Mash: LOL yeah I hope we get a India v/s Pakistan match cuz the frenzied excitement of those is something else......haha

Oh you should watch the promo waise yaar......it's well put together....but yeah I dunno how much I wanna watch this show otherwise if it's by the retards who came up with the "gem" that was CMG *pukes*
AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged
I watched Saat Khoon Maaf today......

The movie was alright.....*SPOILERS below* Read at your own risk

Like many reviews mentioned, Priyanka's character wasn't given enough depth.....in most basic terms, she was essentially a demented psycho on her "quest for true love".....the movie opens with showing her playing with snakes as her "friends".......but the reasonings provided for why she kept killing each husband were not convincing enough....yes some of them were real sickos....ESPECIALLY Irfan Khan's characterDead.....but that still wasn't reason enough to kill them.....in many cases, she could simply have left them....made much more sense...but as one of her troupe of "caretakers" mentions to the kid who is forever in love with her i..e his "sahib", "During her childhood, Susanna had two paths to walk to school.....on one of those paths, she encountered a mad dog that tried to scare her.....Susanna could have taken the other path to her school then onwards.....instead she put her father's pistol in her schoolbag and next day shot the mad dog.....Susanna doesn't change her path for anyone...."

This was the only explanation given to try and understand Susanna's reasonings to kill everyone.....but it wasn't quite convincing in my opinion.....in a few cases, her husbands didn't leave her with a way out....but after a point, it just became expected....oh another husband that didn't turn out to be Susanna's true love....time to kill him.....John's character was pathetically lame....and the sheer SPEED with which Susanna jumps from husband #1 to #2.....she's eying John at her first husband's FUNERAL?! lolll.....is she really looking for "true love" or is she basically a nymphomaniac?

The character comes across as quite shallow when otherwise it's supposed to have all these layers.....but ultimately like I said....she only ends up coming across as a psycho.....there is no other word that really fits. And her and troupe of butler, caretaker, the chacha who can't speak.....characters that have an almost eerie other world quality to them sometimes.....actually the whole setting feels like an alternate universe..how coolly they all line up with Susanna's plans to murder each husband as he comes along.....I felt that needed a better build up.....they all almost look like they belong in a horror mansion.....macabre in a sense....

And the kid....who is in love with his "sahib" throughout and is the narrator of the movie.....it's all narrated through his eyes and his feelings as his "sahib" continues through a string of husbands.....he's a good actor.....and his character did get scope....his quips as he narrates the story bring out the "dark comedy" aspect of it to an extent.....

But honestly the ease with which Susanna kills each husband and how quickly she falls in love with another.....not always convincing....some stories were better than others.....but overall still the characterizations weren't strong enough.....the lighting was very dark in some bits and you could hardly make out what's going on.....

Some plot devices were good....I liked the way the story flashed back to Naseeruddin Shah's bit.....good story too.....

And the ending....lol.....so Jesus is her 7th and final husband....she becomes a nun.....the idea was good....but the way they were making her do this like "trance dance" with Jesus in the end....ermmm looked pretty OTT to me.....oh but that Yeshu song....*shudders* It will creep you out long after the movie is over.....still ringing in my head.....lol

I feel like this is the first time I've seen a VB movie where I found the characterizations to be weak.....he could have given them more depth.....Susanna's "yearning" for "true love" doesn't feel convincing....and neither her reasons for just wanting to kill any husband that doesn't turn out to be good.....he kept it all a little too abstract and PC isn't as fine an actress to manage to scratch the surface and add depth on her own.

Edited by nureat01 - 06 March 2011 at 8:36pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nimrahpigbelly4myfeetLadyMcbeth

nimrah IF-Rockerz
nimrah
nimrah

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 4:25am | IP Logged
Lol Mash.. Afridi is a decent captain yaar. You dont watch cricket much now right? He's a good captain and now he's firstly a bowler and then a batsman. His bowling has MashAllah become very good but his batting has deteriorated.. aur hamari khiski hui team ko pathan as a captain hi suit karta hai.. jo ghussa kar k sab ko line main rakhe! LOL Obviously he's not in the league of Imran Khan or Wasim Akram (Embarrassed) but he isn't bad either. 

But you think QeT won't end on a happy note? I think it will. I saw the old Moiz-Aisha holding hands in the song.. LOL and I was shocked at Aisha demanding divorce.. LOL Honestly, even after the blames she got, I still thought she wan't the one wrong.. and since she's being submissive, she's getting the blame.. Actually I can understand WHY Aisha wanted the divorce.. I guess everyone does becuase she did have a reason.. She was wrong at many places but she was right about wanting her husband.. I can understand Moiz's POV as well.. I guess you're right, that they all were wrong at some points but were justified in their actions as well.. Ahh its too complex for my nanha dimagh! LOL

Mels -  Yeah.. Matches are never rescheduled if it disturbed by rain.. Cutting down on the overs really irritate me too. If its a crucial match, they do the cutting down on the over or if the 2nd innings is going on, they declare the winner on basis of the run rate, which is so damn unfair! LOL and omggg, I was sooo sad when SA lost.. My dad kept on teasing me.. and I was soooo sad. I hated JP Duminy for going on a duck.. He plays so well.. He could have made them win! and oooh same! I was so glad the match got cancelled warna Australia jeet jata! *sigh*

Anu - Hey! *hugs* Lol I like Sushant's answer.. Maybe he is indirectly hinting on how Salman behaves like he's the contestant only.. LOL But what do you mean by the other two contestants? Mahi bhi tou hai.. Or she got eliminated? Or no one counts her as a strong competitor? LOL

Did you see the Geet article? The sideys of the show, i.e Maan's sister and her lover.. They have a BBB track going on. About how they are wedding planners and don't want to work together but a client forces them to.. So original, right? LOL

Oh and liked your SKM review. Oh so the ending that my friend told me was wrong.. Shukar! LOL Bechari ne bila wajah itni maar khai mujhse! LOL Sooooo, since I do not plan to watch this movie soon.. Tell me, she doesn't marry that servant kid played by Naseeruddin Shah's son... She doesnt marry him, then why was there so much focus on him? Confused

Edited by nimrah - 07 March 2011 at 4:28am

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 6:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by nimrah

Anu - Hey! *hugs* Lol I like Sushant's answer.. Maybe he is indirectly hinting on how Salman behaves like he's the contestant only.. LOL But what do you mean by the other two contestants? Mahi bhi tou hai.. Or she got eliminated? Or no one counts her as a strong competitor? LOL

Did you see the Geet article? The sideys of the show, i.e Maan's sister and her lover.. They have a BBB track going on. About how they are wedding planners and don't want to work together but a client forces them to.. So original, right? LOL

Oh and liked your SKM review. Oh so the ending that my friend told me was wrong.. Shukar! LOL Bechari ne bila wajah itni maar khai mujhse! LOL Sooooo, since I do not plan to watch this movie soon.. Tell me, she doesn't marry that servant kid played by Naseeruddin Shah's son... She doesnt marry him, then why was there so much focus on him? Confused

Heyy *hugs back*

LOL yaar MV got eliminated this week.....you didn't know?LOL.....yeah Sushant, Yana, Chang are the finalists.

I didn't see the Geet wala article.....they're coping BBB? ROFL...yeh in chindi sideys ko itni footage de rahe hain? Whatever happened to the Mahiiiiiiiiii Mahiiiiiiiiiii HAWT couple?LOL

Re: SKM's ending......lol no, she doesn't marry the servant kid....he's her "prem pujari" all his life.....in one awkward scene when the character is at one of her lowest points mentally, she tries to seduce him.....but he pushes her away and disappears from her life for a few years.....but till the end, he really can't stop loving her...it's a complicated relationship.....he's supposed to be in his 40s or something by the end, but he still ends up looking quite boyish.....well seeing as he is 17 in real life.....deffo a stretch.....lol

So yeah, her 7th husband is Jesus....and the 7th "khoon" is that of herself.....her identity...she is "reborn" in a sense as a nun as she "marries" Jesus.

nimrah

LadyMcbeth IF-Sizzlerz
LadyMcbeth
LadyMcbeth

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 8:24am | IP Logged
Oh gawd Anu ... thank you so much for sparing me from seeing this movie. I would never watch anything like this ... and was this movie "critically acclaimed" for PC's wow *rolls eyes* acting or was it declared a "hit"? I wouldn't be surprised if it were .... there are too many suppressed womenfolk out there who might find this a liberating experience! Confused

Originally posted by nureat01

Promos of the Shakti show on Channel V......

Oh god it's by the Cinevistaas ppl?? Matlab the oh so amazing creators of DMG? *gulps* LOL

Shakti's looking AMAZING though.

Anu - She's looking amazing and her dance is even more amazing ... the other promo (Amar's) didn't touch me as much! And this is a new show by the makers of DMG? And it's being called D3?!!!?? And it has the word "Dil" in it???? Okay, my mind is made .... I'm staying away from this show LOL

Mash - India vs. Pakistan matches are something dude! You've be hard pressed to find that junoon in other matches. Both sides take it so personally ... we have people fighting with each other in the stadium itself LOL  These matches actually put fans in the stands... they generate the maximum crowds. Cricket is something of a religion in our respective countries ... But I want India and Pakistan to play the finals ... quarters or semis means only one team can advance Ouch  

Edited by LadyMcbeth - 07 March 2011 at 8:35am

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
LOL you're welcome, LadyM......actually the movie didn't even get much critical acclaim...most of the critics kinda trashed it too.....lol

Oh yeah Shakti looks awesome in the promo but I'm also feeling discouraged by the fact that this is a Cinevistaas creation :S

Go to top