Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Destiny's Play-Part XLVII,XLVIII (Pg 131,140)-10/3 (Page 96)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by millie_maaneet

amazing update....
loved it..Smile
Thanks millie.

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shivangi783

Hey optiSmile
I read like 7 updates in one go.
loving the way the story is progressing strengthening Maan-Geet bond at each step.
Loved how Adi initiated marying Pinky after the truth of those greedy people was surfaced.
Hate Mrs. Shukla. Sad to say but such women do exist in the world.
You gave a detailed narration about how Maan lost his job and how he restored his reputation. That was awesomeClap
Arjun is such a disgusting person. He does not bother ruining his own sister's life for his own so called freedom and betterment. Poor Anwesha, she's fallen in love with such a man!
Thanks Shivangi. Adi always harboured feelings for Pinky and he finally got the girl he loved. Yes, women like Mrs.Shukla do exist in this world and the woman has her own reasons for behaving the way she does. This will come out later in the story.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shivangi783

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hopehot

lovely

so that was arjun's planApprove
  Yes, that was Arjun's convoluted plan.
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anuandavi

Sorry for the late comment. Waise nice part Opti. Feel good that Maan has now put his first step towards his goal. I am in love with this Maan and strong headed Geet of your story.
Thanks Anuandavi. Yes, Maan has set out to achieve his goal and there still is a lot of hard work but as he dreamt, he now owns a hotel.
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:05am | IP Logged

Part XLIV

Mr.Garodia asked Maan to take over the hotel from the next day. Although the legal formalities would take some time, he executed a power of attorney in Maan's favour till the paper work were completed and Garodia Hotel formally turned from a  sole proprietorship into a partnership concern.

When he reached home that evening and rang the bell, he could barely wait for Geet to open the door. As soon as she did, he swung her in his arms and spun her around. Geet looked at him, puzzled by his excitement. She asked him if he had obtained a loan.  He assured her that it was much more than that and gave her a long envelope.  Still puzzled, Geet opened it to see a document which conferred the power of attorney to her husband pending the conversion of the hotel to a partnership concern with Mr.Garodia and Maan as partners.  Her eyes widened in surprise. Maan then explained to her everything that had happened since his meeting with Mr.Garodia that morning.  Geet was elated hearing the news and hugged her husband tightly.  They then decided to convey the news to Baba. 

At the nursing home, Maan knelt in front of his unconscious father and laid his limp hand on his head. His eyes filled up as he emotionally connected with his father. How he wished his father could see him, hear him and understand him right now. He had always wanted to make his Baba proud of him and he was sure that he would be. If only he knew that his son has finally realised his dream, he thought regretfully. Geet gently placed her hand on his shoulder and whispered that his father was proud of him and would be wishing him well in whatever mental state he was in.   

Maan then took her to his hotel where he had reserved a corner table for them.  Geet found a rose and a card on the seat. Opening it she read out a simple message in it.

With you by my side I can conquer the world.

Yours forever,

Maan

She held his hand in hers and kissed it. "Thank You," she whispered.

They had their dinner in silence, deeply gazing into each other's eyes. That night they heated up their bed with their passion to celebrate Maan's realisation of his dream.

The next day at the Garodia Hotel, Andheri

Maan was shown his new office by his secretary, Mrs.Saldanha. The room was wood panelled from ceiling to floor.  The walls were adorned with expensive paintings.  On one side of the wall was a show case with a trophy and some handicraft items. Taking the trophy in his hand he looked more closely at the inscription on it. It read "Best Four-Star Hotel of Mumbai - 1997". That was twelve years back, he thought to himself. Since then the hotel has degenerated from four-star to three-star and even in this category it was not amongst the best. He vowed to himself that he will not only ensure that his hotel becomes a five-star one in the near term and a higher graded one in the years to come, but is also amongst the best and reasonably priced one. He also made a mental note to replace all the paintings with portraits sketched by his wife.

He then individually met the heads of each department in the hotel and heard their problems.  While some of them could be sorted out immediately, some required time and resources.  He jotted down the bare minimum finance required to give the hotel a basic facelift and decided to approach the banks for financing the needs. 

He called his wife at lunch and asked her what she was doing.

"I am sketching a portrait of you Maan", she said continuing to draw.

"Don't you tire of drawing me, woman?" he asked, in mock frustration.

"No, I don't. On the other hand I enjoy bringing alive my Sher in my art," she replied with a smile.

"Listen, I want you to paint some beautiful sceneries to replace the pathetic paintings in my office."

"Why, don't you want to hang my portraits of you?"

"Actually that is not a bad idea. Only I don't want to be called a narcissist." He said in mock seriousness.

She smiled and said "OK. Sceneries it will be, then.  Will get down to work immediately."

"Thank you, darling. By the way, do you make self portraits? Would love to have a big picture of you in my office."

Geet shook her head, "No, Maan. Never attempted one and never will either."

"I guess then I'll have to make do with a photograph," he sounded crestfallen. "Wish I knew how to sketch".

"Wouldn't mind teaching you," Geet offered.

"Now, that's a real tempting offer.  Who would let go of a golden opportunity to be taught by a beautiful damsel like you."

"So do we start our lessons from the coming Sunday morning?" asked Geet excitedly.

"Done." he said.

"How much do I get paid?" she asked teasingly.

"Thousand per session," he replied.

"You'll pay me one thousand rupees?" she asked with her eyes wide open.

"No, not thousand rupees, darling. A thousand kisses," he guffawed.

"Maan...," she drawled, blushing a deep red.

"Hey, how do you like to receive an advance right now?" he asked in a hushed tone.

Before she could respond, he blew her at least half a dozen kisses, heightening Geet's blushes.

Just then his secretary knocked at his door and entered in. He hurriedly wished Geet goodbye and promised to come home early that evening to give the remaining ones in person.  

That evening Maan returned home by 6.00 p.m. and attempted to fulfil his promise of paying Geet the remaining advance in person. After he managed to give her a dozen kisses all over her face, Geet reminded him that if he keeps it up they will never reach Handa House any time in the near future. That brought him back to the present. He asked her to get ready soon. As they were about to leave, Adi and Pinky joined them too.

"Where are we going?"asked Pinky.

"To meet Anwesha," Maan said but did not elaborate further.

Pinky was excited to be meeting Anwesha as she had not got much time to interact with her personally when they briefly met at her wedding reception in the chawl. Anwesha too had left early because she was feeling uncomfortable. Pinky hoped she will get more time to spend with her cousin now. The two couples set off for the Handa House in their respective motor bikes. At the Handa House they were warmly welcomed by Rano who wondered what brought them there.  Maan merely said that they wanted to spend some time with Anwesha as she would have absolutely no time for anyone once the baby arrives. Rano nodded her head understandingly and said that a baby does change a woman's life completely. 

Hearing their voices, Anwesha slowly ambled out of her room and seeing her bhaiyya, bhabhi and cousin, gladly hugged them. She slapped Adi on the back and asked him if he was keeping her precious sister happy, for if he was not, she will personally come to the chawl to give him the thrashing of his life. Pinky intervened and said that she could not have hoped for a better and more caring husband than Adi. Anwesha was happy for her cousin although her face registered a trace of sadness which only Geet had noticed. Geet asked her where was Arjun and was told that he had left for Delhi the previous night in connection with his business. Geet was astounded that he will leave his pregnant wife at this stage when the delivery date was so close.  Rano told her that she tried her level best to make him stay back as it was crucial for the father to be around when the baby arrived but he had insisted it was some urgent work which could not wait.

They all sat down in the hall and were soon animatedly discussing the arrival of the baby and how Anwesha will be coping with him, when the door bell rang.  Nakul ran to open the door and found to his surprise half a dozen caterers who quickly came in and set up a table. They then spread out a buffet dinner on it.  As Rano, Anwesha, Pinky and Adi looked on in surprise at the men and the delicious, aromatic food that they spread out, Maan explained that they were from his hotel. When they looked at him puzzled, he informed them that they were looking at the owner of Garodia Hotel. He then explained how he was offered this unbelievable deal by Mr.Garodia to become a partner in his hotel and he had taken over the reins of the hotel only that day. He wanted to give them a surprise party at his hotel but since Anwesha was not in a position to freely move around, he decided to hold the party at the Handa House instead, arranging for food from his hotel. He had personally selected the items and hoped they would like them. After they recovered from the shock, Maan went up to Rano and took her blessings. The rest of them rushed in to congratulate him.

Rano wiped happy tears from her eyes and looking at Geet she said that her faith in her son-in-law was vindicated. She knew he will succeed like his father-in-law, for like him he has the fire in his belly.  Maan hastened to add that he has still not succeeded; there was a lot to be done at the hotel and it will take some time before he can turn it around. Rano assured him that she had no doubt he will achieve everything he sets his mind to. As she was fond of Sameera, she enquired why they had not brought her along. Geet then informed her that Sameera had to go back to Bangalore regarding her mother's treatment and will be returning only that Sunday evening. They had planned to break the good news when she gets back. They then had their dinner, appreciating Maan for his excellent choice of items. Finally at around 10.00 p.m. they returned home, bidding goodbye to Rano and Anwesha.

Continued here

Edited by Opti - 08 March 2011 at 6:09pm

The following 145 member(s) liked the above post:

ssssmarpyarisahelidpurvainlwgeetscarce05san1989star432jaasz_25Candy_jscanonnikitaagarwal06sribhavanaMilo93vidz.manirajneetugarg123angeljyotiAISHAJSshinedosssanuvenuchgagsykasturi11krishna.fizza25asmi123ariz2000wifey90sonupatTinkJiamans22Gemmlakshmisalvadihansasmaholyangellondongirl95MSgayatrisurbhijn106alfiya7perfectflirt8anaum91kkaavvyyaasweet-mishtyrichu26Moon002preet.harmanrostshruthiruchsbenazchiki143sessyapril12neha512keerthi90Tamanna_TJkavya.sravyacutemishtiDiva7CrystalSaya-eiya-mishtibHADmishtiCuteTommyXXaquafireXXmaaneetkimeets-o-m-m-i-eBe.edgymyedward12mansijani21EscapistdoosheekacherieLovershivangi783babygurl10tanya_viKkadssSujata77dreamy4everAnvi2009jazzeretteamzu32PaintedSkydivya22Cutee999-shamima-ninaviJayaRcyum321gangesegbShimmerrMsMovielover-harini-nats0101kshubhangisnehapriyavasavi_sriHanishadevisimi91-Zahra15-jayshu17honeygrapemaankigeet4ever-Veritaserum-ushankitvcambbihawajiha-1serialwatcher16Krishnaluv94smj1977.shruti-memorable-sanu3108mrk-1shalini01punjabi.princesbmtdluverajennswan20-afsha-SahSahmandymoremitzi11anuandavijnawazpop77monikasethkashishkjanu_2006--Ratna--..hinal..shah10--aarthi--chsweety22preethiaShalveSoapoperasrfun6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6roseinbloomCraziest_MGRageOfAnAngelDimaagKaKeedaMadhuri53cookie._BlackPearl_-BlushaLicious-khwaishfanJanakivallavspvd

febinyusuff IF-Dazzler
febinyusuff
febinyusuff

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:11am | IP Logged
yay.. I got to comment first....

Ioved to see Maan conquering his dreams... but I am sad for Aneshwa.. poor girl... she had made only mistake by loving Arjun .. Sometimes I think that MNaan should give a tight slap to Arjun and bring Aneshwa back home.. But she is lucky in another way by getting a good mother-in-law.

Edited by febinyusuff - 08 March 2011 at 8:19am
smj1977.shruti IF-Rockerz
smj1977.shruti
smj1977.shruti

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged

With you by my side I can conquer the world.

Yours forever,

Maan

very true
an understanding wife is the most treasured relation

added later*
hey that was my 1200th post

Edited by smj1977 - 08 March 2011 at 8:18am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

asmi123

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by suba2011

superb..............continue..waiting for more maaneet moments
Thanks suba. Maaneet moments will come but will be interspersed between the story.

Go to top