Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Destiny's Play-Part XLVII,XLVIII (Pg 131,140)-10/3 (Page 118)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:06am | IP Logged

Part XLVI

"That was your mother on the line, Geet. Anwesha has been admitted to the hospital,"  Maan informed Geet.

They quickly got ready and rode to the hospital. On the way, Geet called Adi's cell and informed them about Anwesha.  At the hospital, Maan and Geet met Rano who was pacing up and down the corridors, eyes filled with tears and hands wringing in worry. Pinky and Adi joined them in a couple of minutes. Between sobs Rano informed them that Anwesha's water had broken but she had not developed pain. So she rushed her to the hospital. The doctors tried to induce labour but her blood pressure had shot up and to compound things the umbilical cord had prolapsed, resulting in foetal distress.  She was wheeled for emergency caesarean section just a few minutes back. Rano has been praying and waiting apprehensively for the good news.  Maan held her hands and asked her not to worry, assuring her that everything will be alright. Deep down, though, he was equally worried.  Geet ran up to the small shrine in the hospital and fell on her knees in front of the Ganesh idol there, praying fervently for her sister-in-law and her baby. Pinky tried to console Rano who was getting more nervous by the minute and forced her to sit on the hospital bench. Adi and Maan worriedly paced outside the operation theatre.  

After nearly half an hour, one of the doctors came out to inform them that they could not save the baby boy inspite of their best efforts. The umbilical cord had got compressed and shut off the oxygenated blood flow to the baby. They tried to remove the baby before he died but it was too late. All efforts to revive him had failed. The mother was alright and was being sewn up. It will be another hour or so before they could meet her. Rano broke down and screamed her lungs out when she heard that her grandson was no more. Hearing it, Geet rushed back from the shrine and hugged her and the two vented their grief. Pinky tried to console both of them but to no avail. Maan was too stunned to react. He stood frozen and Adi held him by his shoulders for support.

Anwesha gained consciousness after nearly two and a half hours. During this time Maan squeezed his brains to come up with a soft way to break this emotionally shattering news to her.  However hard he thought, he could not come up with a way to soften the blow. Geet had tried calling up Arjun but his cell was switched off. She left an SMS asking him to rush back to Mumbai by the first flight out.  When Anwesha opened her eyes and looked around, she saw the gloomy faces of her mother-in-law, her sister-in-law, brother, cousin and her brother-in-law. She knew then that something was seriously wrong. Looking at Maan with tearful eyes, she kept shaking her head and whispering to herself that it can't be, she could not have lost her baby, but her heart knew that it was the bitter truth. Maan rushed to her side and grabbed her in his arms, letting her cry her heart out on his chest.  The heart wrenching scream she let out tore at the hearts of her near and dear ones. She wept inconsolably and Maan buried his face in her hair, wetting it with his own warm tears.  Geet could not bear to see the people she loves in so much grief and she wept silently in her mother's arms. Anwesha kept blaming herself for everything.

"Bhaiyya, God has punished me by taking away my son. He has punished me for what I put our Baba and you through.  No daughter can live in peace after wounding her own father, bhaiyya.  Baba is in this unconscious state because of me. My son paid the price for it with his life. I have lost the only hope in my life, bhaiyya, I have lost my son.  I don't deserve to live."

Saying this, she started hitting herself, sobbing hysterically. Maan caught her wrists and hugged her tightly.

"Anwesha, please don't blame yourself. It is not your fault that my nephew is no more.  Life and death is not in our hands. God has his own plans. I am thankful that you pulled through this ordeal." He wiped her tears and held her face, willing her to be strong.

Rano came up to them and placing her hand on Anwesha's head, her eyes clouding up with tears, she said, "I am there for you, my child. You are not my daughter-in-law, but my daughter. I understand your grief. It is not easy for any mother to accept the loss of her child. But you need to recover now and get well soon, for me, your bhaiyya, your husband, your bhabhi. We all need you. I'll be your emotional support and you be mine in this dark hour."

Anwesha hugged her mother-in-law and cried fresh tears. Maan, Geet, Pinky and Adi looked on with pained expressions on their faces.

They stayed back at the Handa House that night.  Geet entered the guest room to see Maan sitting forlornly on the bed. She sat next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. She saw the tears streaming down his cheeks and wiped them gently. She knew how much he was looking forward to becoming an uncle. Given his love for kids, she could well understand his sorrow at the loss of his nephew. Maan laid his head on her shoulders and wept like a baby.

"Geet, I have always given her everything she wanted, right from dolls, to clothes and even the husband of her choice but I could not bring back her son for her. I have failed her."  

Geet wanted to weep too but knew she had to be stronger for her husband and let him unburden his grief on her. They clung to each other for consolation and remained awake well into the night.  

The next day, the baby was buried after the usual rituals were performed. They still could not reach Arjun but did not want to keep the body for long. Anwesha crumbled in front of her son's grave and had to be dragged away after nearly an hour. Back in the Handa House, Rano held Maan's hand and apologised for Arjun's appalling behaviour.

"I am very sorry for everything, Maan. I am ashamed to have raised such a son who was not there for his own son's funeral.  I have failed as a parent."

Maan assured her that she has not. She was a wonderful mother for she has given him the most precious gift in this whole world, her daughter. She has raised her up so well and he will always be thankful for that. He knew that his sister was safe in her care.  Rano then told him that after Anwesha heals from the surgery, she wished to take her to their guest house in Kodaikanal for a few weeks to help her get over her grief.  Maan agreed that the change of place will do his sister good.

Continued here:

Edited by Opti - 09 March 2011 at 7:24pm

The following 146 member(s) liked the above post:

pyarisahelidpurvainlwgeetchintushilpascarce05star432Candy_jsjaasz_25canonvidz.manirajnikitaagarwal06sribhavananeetugarg123angeljyotiAISHAJSajoliekasturi11anuvenuchkrishna.fizza25asmi123rinku28ariz2000sonupatTinkJiamans22lakshmisalvadiGemmtaanninonabebuhansasma-Elfin-surbhijn106cue1SapphireFlamesdrashtipatel30kkaavvyyaarichu26Moon002preet.harmanrostshruthiruchsMSgayatrisweet-mishtychiki143imli95anuradha.nandamsessyapril12snehapriyaneha512keerthi90Tamanna_TJcutemishtiDiva7kavya.sravyamaaneetkimeetCuteTommymishtibHawtieSeep-eiya-mystique_girlmansijani21myedward12nan_10s-o-m-m-i-eshivangi783Escapistbobbydolldoosheekatanya_vibabygurl10KkadssSujata77bd670816Cutee999febinyusuffDhara_sdivya22jazzerettedreamy4evercyum321-shamima-ShimmerrDrashtiDhamiNo1gangesegbMsMovieloverninaviJayaRnats0101kshubhangiHanishadeviMaaneet099maankigeet4ever-Veritaserum-ushankitvcsmj1977.shrutisimi91serialwatcher16-Zahra15-jayshu17ambbihaluv_DDwajiha-1krati5-memorable-Krishnaluv94sanu3108mrk-1PaintedSkypunjabi.princesshalini01vrsharmaajennanjucoolPreethi-Premibmtdluver-afsha-mitzi11swan20SahSahmonikasethpop77jnawazjanu_2006shah10--aarthi----Ratna--ShalveseemamaryCraziest_MGammu5preethiaSoapoperasrfun6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6roseinbloom_BlackPearl_Loquacious_AashMadhuri53BrainEaterOwlCrazyCutesy-BlushaLicious-khwaishfanspvdKrishna_Sourav.CookieMonster.

febinyusuff IF-Dazzler
febinyusuff
febinyusuff

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:14am | IP Logged
res
chubzy IF-Dazzler
chubzy
chubzy

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Its rightly said behind every successful man their is a woman. Lovd d updates. Poor anwesha, plz knock some sense into arjun.

Edited by chubzy - 09 March 2011 at 1:56am
HawtieSeep Goldie
HawtieSeep
HawtieSeep

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Cryso sad
ninavi IF-Dazzler
ninavi
ninavi

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged
gr888 update as usual...
awww poor anwwesha.. feel really sad for her 
CryCryCry
cont soon Smile
Sonali 
angullgrl91 IF-Rockerz
angullgrl91
angullgrl91

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:49am | IP Logged
awww poor anvesha!!! i wonder how arjun's gonna react to all this...
that idiot hasn't even showed up yet after all this...

great part though! lol
preethia IF-Sizzlerz
preethia
preethia

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:56am | IP Logged
oh an emotional update....................
didnt expect that blow actually.....................
actually i was not expecting arjun to change his character towards annie but i thought the baby wud hv been the hope for her life but seems not...............
loved the way geet was there for maan in his need...............

Edited by preethia - 09 March 2011 at 5:07am
mrk-1 IF-Rockerz
mrk-1
mrk-1

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:58am | IP Logged
wow awsome one yaar

Go to top