A question to Doctors

sunaina02 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Sangeeta and other doctors to doctos-to-be

Sorry for my ignorance but can you please explain what type of fertility test can be done by simple gynea examination ?

Or even by ultrasono ?

Edited by sunaina02 - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

maris08 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Su let me answer this as a biochemist;

A simple fertility test done by a Gynec is to check whether the hymen membrane is intact...If its so then that person is considered to be a virgin...This is a physical examination only, done by a Doctor...
No other ultra sound or blood or urine tests is required...

I think this was what that evil saas wanted to check in the first place; not the  elaborate hormonal checks that is required, for infertile couples, to undergo... 

Anyways Geethu and Priya can clarify further....
Edited by maris08 - 13 years ago
sangeeta9 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

That is a VIRGINITY test, not fertility test.. Fertility cannot be tested in gynaec op.. It needs many tests.. The evil saas probably wanted to check if saachi was a virgin or deflorate. That would be very inappropriate to show in indian tv, so they showed as fertility test..
maris08 thumbnail
thanz Geethu yes , what i said was virginity test not the fertility test....I stand corrected...
sunaina02 thumbnail
Originally posted by: maris08

Su let me answer this as a biochemist;

A simple fertility test done by a Gynec is to check whether the hymen membrane is intact...If its so then that person is considered to be a virgin...This is a physical examination only, done by a Doctor...
No other ultra sound or blood or urine tests is required...

But that is not fertility test - that is virginity test.
In todays world when girls take active part in sports and gym, the hymen gets easily torn so absence of it does not necessarily signify  that she has had sexual relation .

And how does a hymen prove that a female is fertile or not ? She may have the hymen but may have disfunctional ovaries with no ova. So will she able to bear a child in that case?

I am a mother of two and very well know everything about fertility and child birth and estrogen and progesteron hormonal balances in females .

For example, most often blocked falopian tubes mean a female will not be able to  bear a child as the fertilized ovum will not be able to pass on to uterus and get implanted there or may be the sperms will not be able to swim to the ovum and in these cases In-vitro method of fertilization is used. But how can a doctor agree to check that when the hymen is still intact ?
I think this fertilty test was same as the gay-test of shravan 😆

Edited by sunaina02 - 13 years ago
maris08 thumbnail
This only shows that the CVs were really confused when writing this part... What they must have meant was just a simple virginity test and not a fertility test....It only shows that they need to do research before writing a story....Yes on that same logic of their's,  this feritlity test would amount to the same Gay test for Shravan....,
kchitra77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Su good to find out about these tests cuz of ur question n the way these doctors came up with the answers....

But Su u very well know that these serials often does not run logically and do not show everything in detail...they even twist the facts just to show anything they want...like this misguided fertility test. CVs always thinks that the viewers r a bunch of fools to believe whatever they write when infact it is they who r fools!!
sangeeta9 thumbnail

Exactly su.. A virgin need not be a fertile woman.. But virginity test is not seeing only hymen tntact or not.. They also see vaginal wall rugosity, her labia separated or not etc.. Exercise, trauma, athlets etc will only tear hymen.. Vaginal wall rugosity changes only by intercourse.

That evil saas is definitely seeing if saachi is vigin or not.. Also correlating the fact that she stripped saachi's clothes for any marks, she is the most disgusting person ever..

Now i have a doubt, the doctor asks if saachi is her bahu, for which she says no.. How can a bahu be tested for virginity.. That is ridiculous., utter nonsense. Either there could be a simple op test that tests fertility by pervaginum (which i am not aware of) or CV's dont know that people in medical field also watch their show..
sangeeta9 thumbnail

Btw mommy.. I am surprised of the medical knowledge you have.. Now i am right to be your virtual daughter :-D :-P
anasuya43 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very informative  useful discussion in the form👍🏼