Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Women's Day 2011 & Balika Vadhu

ammoos IF-Sizzlerz
ammoos
ammoos

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 2:55pm | IP Logged

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY 2011

We all know that its International Women's day this coming Tuesday the 8th March 2011.

Salute to all the women across the globe who stood up for herself or for the whole womanhood. It takes much courage to do so and  they deserve the bestest of everything. Lets get inspired by all the strong women from the various categories of our society. Lets not forget each of us do have a great soul inside us. Lets realise the existence and be strong and do something fruitful to the world.

So what really is that day and what has it to do with Balika Vadhu..Confused right. Lets have a look..

About International Women's Day

When: Tuesday 8 March 2011

Where: Everywhere

What: International Women's Day (8 March) is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future. In some places like China, Russia, Vietnam and Bulgaria, International Women's Day is a national holiday.

Why: Suffragettes campaigned for women's right to vote. The word 'Suffragette' is derived from the word "suffrage" meaning the right to vote. International Women's Day honours the work of the Suffragettes, celebrates women's success, and reminds of inequities still to be redressed. The
first International Women's Day event was run in 1911. 2011 is the Global Centenary Year... more

Women's Day 2011 Theme

Each year around the world, International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated on March 8. Hundreds of events occur not just on this day but throughout March to mark the economic, political and social achievements of women.

Organisations, governments and women's groups around the world choose different themes each year that reflect global and local gender issues.

Some years have seen global IWD themes honoured around the world, while in other years groups have preferred to 'localise' their own themes to make them more specific and relevant.

THEME: So while many people may think there is one global theme each year, this is not always correct. It is completely up to each country and group as to what appropriate theme they select.

Now comes why its related to Balika Vadhu

The global United Nation theme used for International Women's Day 2011

It may or may not be a coincidence that the theme of IWD and the part of the current track of our show is somewhat the same. Anandi is thinking of persuing her education and will be succeeding in her mission. whether intentional or not atleast in this matter the channel and the show has done justice towards the theme. The way the track moving might not be smooth but at the end of the day we do see our dream coming true but of course in some weird manner.what matters is our dream is coming trueLOL So lets appreciate the writers for showing something real in the show which they claim to be dealing with social issues. Der se hi sahi they are fulfilling their one promise/thoughtClapClapClap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Limodivmath

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
Happy Women's Day to all the lovely ladies out there PartyPartyParty

On this occasion I would like to dedicate this song to all my wonderful friends here....its from the movie Sex and the City 2 !! (originally sung by Helen Reddy in 1972)....and I love this song....

I am Woman !! Smile

Lyrics to sing along :)

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

CHORUS
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price