Celebrity Fan Clubs
Celebrity Fan Clubs

Khiladi - Akshay Kumar (Page 4)

-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akki-rockstar

yeah...they r very nice tracks..just didn't like full volume one..
Ohh, I'm dwnloading as we speak!

-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Akshay to play Dawood

Akshay Kumar gets the look right to supposedly essay the role of Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar. 

Akshay Kumar returns to action films with the sequel to Once Upon a Time in Mumbai. It's been a while since the actor has done a gangster film that earned him rave reviews in films like International Khiladi and Khiladiyoon Ke Khiladi. Naturally he is excited. "I have been waiting for the right script to stamp my return to action and finally I found it. My look in the film has been completely my director Milan Luthria and producer Ekta Kapoor's call. They have worked in tandem to give me this intense look," he says. 

Akki's character is the older version of Emraan Hashmi's character, Shoaib Khan, from the prequel. The buzz is that the character is based on underworld kingpin Dawood Ibrahim. However the actor says it's untrue, "I play a gangster of the 80s and it would be unwise to say that I'm playing Dawood even though the world is saying so." 

Meanwhile, Ekta reveals that he will have three looks in the film. "Akshay ages through the film. It begins with 25 and then 30 and then 35 is the age span that we cover. So he will have three looks in the film. We combined how a gangster of the 80s looked and mixed Akshay's natural charm to his dreaded on screen persona," the producer adds. Sources have it that Akki will be taking help from prosthetics to make him to look similar to the real Dawood and will also be attending a 15 day kinesics workshop to train in the body language and mannerisms of the gangster." Here is a sneak peak especially for TOI readers.od
-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged

Akshay Kumar & John In Desi Boyz First Look

Check out Akshay Kumar and John Abraham in the exciting first look of the comedy film, Desi Boyz. Besides Akshay and John, the film also stars Deepika Padukone and Chitrangdha Singh.

Desi Boyz First Look (Akshay Kumar, John Abraham)
John and Akshay Kumar in a still from Desi Boyz

Desi Boyz – What To Expect?

Here's the first look of Desi Boyz, the maiden directorial venture of David Dhawan's son, Rohit Dhawan. The comedy, will see the hit jodi of Akshay Kumar and John Abraham get back on the big screen after Garam Masala (2005). While Akshay and John flirted with as many as three air-hostesses in Garam Masala, what trick this naughty duo springs up on their co-stars, Deepika Padukone and Chitrangdha Singh, remains to be seen.

Well, if this first look of the film is anything to go by, we can sure expect lots of fun and masti, since dbutante director Rohit Dhawan is expected to carry on the legacy of his father, director David Dhawan, who has delivered many memorable comedies like JudwaaBiwi No. 1 and Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. Like father like son?  We sure hope so.

Desi Boyz, produced by Eros International, is currently under production and is expected to release later this year.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaanlover

-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:09am | IP Logged
Two fine Looking men^
LooK at Akkis Expression!! 

-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:12am | IP Logged

Akshay Kumar takes on newer challenges

Akshay Kumar in recent times has been in the news for his brand of madcap movies that more often than not have worked well with the audiences garnering impressive revenues. In the age of a single-film-a-year superstars, Kumar has long been an exception with an average of four to five films a year.

Last year he had Action Replayy, Housefull, Khatta Meetha and Tees Maar Khan. Of the four, Housefull fared well and Tees Maar Khan wrested a fabulous opening (though critics panned it).

This year started on a different note with Nikhil Advani's Patiala House, which earned the star good reviews for his performance but didn't live up to trade expectations leading to speculations of the Kumar entertainer prowess being on the wane. Such talk, of course, is common each time a superstar's success ratio does not measure up to inflated expectations that the media and trade pundits create around them.

Kumar is no stranger to swings of fortune. He has persevered his way into the superstar category as an action hero with his Khiladi series and then the very successful Hera Pheri and a string of comedies with Priyadarshan. Hera Pheri in many ways proved to be a gamechanger for the action hero marking a transition into comic capers.

After a very successful comic turn, Kumar, when not busy jet-setting between shoots, is looking to get back to other genres like family dramas and action films. Patiala House was an effort in that direction. In a candid conversation with Screen, the star sums up the changing scenario and strategy.

itsokaysammy IF-Stunnerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged
thank u sooooooo much for the article hun...n akki is looking so dashing here...luvd the pic....thanks for sharing..
-prabz- IF-Sizzlerz
-prabz-
-prabz-

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged

Interview with Screen

Your performance in Patiala House has got a thumbs-up from the critics. What do you have to say about it?
It's good that critics have praised my performance. Especially with me, it is a rarity so I am very happy (laughs). Thank you critics.

Were you disappointed with the fact that the film didn't open too well in the theaters?
Patiala House is a very small-budget film and it was publicised like that. These emotional kind of films grow slowly helped by word-of-mouth. And I expected the same for Patiala House. Whatever its fate, I am glad I did the film because this is the kind of film that is a must-watch for every son. The father-son relation, at the core of this film is one that I find fascinating because such a relationship is always a quiet one whereas a mother-son equation is a vocal one. I shared a great relationship with my father, which I miss very much.

You have been working very hard with four films a year so will 2011 see you slow down?
That's the plan, yes. I am going to cut down my work a lot.

After a very successful run with comedies, do you think it's time to give other genres a chance yet again?
I have done many emotional dramas and action films before the hugely-successful comedies, but it's never too late to change gear, so yes, it's time to switch over. Perhaps I was thinking in a very different way earlier but now I am going to change that and not be stuck to one genre.

I am diversifying to different kinds of movies like Patiala House, and the sequel to Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. Then there is Namastey London 2, again a very emotional film based on a husband-wife relationship, an action film by Prabhudeva (for Sanjay Leela Bhansali), Joker ( in 3D) and one of my kind— Housefull 2.

What's your opinion of the buzz on high content, low-budget films with or without stars?
High-content, low-budget films are good, but the trouble is that very few succeed. Last year too, only four or five of 160 films succeeded. It is very difficult to recover the money, even if they have a modest budget of say, 4-5 crore.

Having said that, I loved some of those films like Udaan, which I thought was very well-directed.

Did you enjoy Peepli [Live], one of the most talked-about small films last year that was also India's entry for the Oscar Awards?
Business-wise, Peepli [Live] did better than Dhobi Ghat, though I enjoyed Dhobi Ghat more. Kiran did a great job. But then these films have a limited audience so it's very difficult to decide whether to be a part of it or not. We have to do films that get great reviews and at the same time also boast of great collections. It's a rare combination, but if it happens it is a great achievement.

Aamir Khan has been pretty successful with the smaller experimental movies, so there must be some merit to them.
Aamir has made a good name for himself and he can do it, but it's not an easy job for everyone. He can experiment— and he has all the right to do it— because he is a name by himself.

Do you think that Hindi films are hamstrung by budget constraints in the choice of genres, say action films, animation or fantasy films for that matter?
Not entirely. Blue was an expensive film and I was surprised that a producer was willing to produce it. Among other things, piracy is a huge roadblock to recovering monies on big-budget films. If piracy is cut down, we can make films with bigger budgets. Piracy is actually killing the film industry. Do you know piracy results in a loss of Rs. 150-200 crore to the industry? What the producer or distributor earns, the film pirates earn twice that amount. Okay, I think that's the producer in me talking (laughs).

Is it tough being a producer along with playing a star?
Being a producer is not tough at all. I outsource production work. My remuneration for films that I produce is decided according to the profits. I may earn only 20 or 30 per cent of what I charge outside. It's an actor's price that escalates the budget so when an actor's remuneration is zero, you don't have to worry about it.

Does that change your status as the industry's highest-billed star?
Well, having turned producer, currently only my own money is riding on me.

News is that you will be hosting Khatroein Ke Khiladi yet again on Colors...do you enjoy television shows?
I enjoyed the show but I am not allowed to say anything outside that. And yes, I like television shows because one doesn't have to remember lines!

itsokaysammy IF-Stunnerz
itsokaysammy
itsokaysammy

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
@^^arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhh....comparisons...i just hate media..bt akki is such a sweeheart..in his every interview he speaks very politely n luvd his answers...thanks prabz for sharing this..

Go to top