Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaanlover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for the pictures and the article Prabzz jaan!! 
Akki is looking great.
jaanlover thumbnail

Want to do a love story again: Akshay Kumar

New Delhi: After working on back-to-back action-comedy films, Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar says he misses doing a love story.

The 46-year-old, whose last out-and-out successful romantic movie was 2007 release Namastey London' with Katrina Kaif, has lately starred action-packed projects like - Housefull 2', Rowdy Rathore', Khiladi 786' and Boss'.

Besides romantic movies, Akshay is also looking forward to work in a Horror film.

"I haven't done a love story in a long time. That's something I would like to explore again. And also, I have wanted to do a horror film for a long time. I genuinely believe the Indian audience is ready for a big scale horror film," Akshay said.

His recently released Boss' collected over 45 crore rupees over the weekend release and the actor personally visited some theatres to check out audience reaction.

"It feels nice to know that what you have worked for has been appreciated. I went to a few theaters. The audiences are enjoying the film and the character of Boss," Akshay said.

Though, the Khiladi' superstar has been busy with work, he never fails to spend time with his wife actress Twinkle Khanna and two kids - son Aarav and daughter Nitara.

"I don't work all the time, I take breaks in between. I take around 60 days to finish a film. And I do four films a year on an average. That makes a total of 240 days that I am working. The rest of the days are reserved for my family. That's when we take our vacations and breaks," he said.
jaanlover thumbnail

Kareena Kapoor to do special song in Akshay Kumar's 'Gabbar'

Mumbai: Actress Kareena Kapoor Khan will be doing a special song in Akshay Kumar starrer film 'Gabbar'.

There were rumours that Kareena would be playing the leading lady opposite Akshay in Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Shabina Khan's 'Gabbar', but Shabina dismissed the report.

"She will only be doing a special song in the film. It is a two day song. We are yet to decide what kind of song it will be and when we will shoot for it. We are excited to work with Kareena again," Shabina told PTI.

This is Kareena's second special song in Akshay's film which is backed by Shabina. The first time they collaborated together was for a special song 'Chinta Ta Ta Chita Chita' in 'Rowdy Rathore'.

'Gabbar' is a Hindi remake of the 2002 Tamil blockbuster 'Ramanna'. It revolves around a group of students lead by a professor, who opts for violent means to fight a corrupt system.

A major part of the film will reportedly be shot in different locations in Mumbai. It is slated to go on floors in January next year.
jaanlover thumbnail

Akshay Kumar happy with Boss response

TNN | Oct 17, 2013, 03.29 PM IST
Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar is happy with the first day response to his film "Boss" that released on Eid Wednesday, and says he couldn't have asked for more. 

"Today (Wednesday) is the first day of release (of 'Boss'). Everything is going fine. I am very happy that it has got a good response," Akshaytold reporters at the Gaity Galaxy theatre here. 

"I am very thankful to the audience that they are watching the film and have loved it. That's what an artist wants," he added. Boss, directed by Anthony D'Souza, released across 3,000 screens in the country and registered a good occupancy, especially in the morning shows. 

"Boss", an action thriller, also features Mithun Chakraborty, Ronit Roy, Shiv Pandit and Aditi Rao Hydari in key roles. 
Pribz thumbnail
Akshay Kumar made khichdi on 'Boss' sets

Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar displayed his culinary skills on the sets of the movieBoss by making khichdi (porridge). 

If he wants, he can really charm you. Akshay Kumar was at his best when he was shooting outside a temple for Boss in the capital. He ended up cooking a meal for a stall owner during a break. 

"Akshay sir took rest in one of the stalls within the temple. When he was sitting there, he saw two young boys from the stall beginning to make lunch. He asked them what they were making and they said 'dal khichdi'. During the 40-minute break, Akshay made a delicious khichdi for the stall owner," a source from the production team said. 
Pribz thumbnail
When Dimple Kapadia rehearsed with son-in-law Akshay Kumar

You'd call Akshay Kumar a busy man, what with the actor doing an average of four to five films a year. Even now, in fact, the actor has nearly three films lined up. Besides, he is also a producer. However, the man whose calendar mostly looks chock-a-block, played the good son-in-law when Dimple Kapadia needed some assistance. He took time out to rehearse some of her scenes with her, even though he isn't a part of the film.

It seems that, for an upcoming film, veteran actor Dimple Kapadia was doing the prep for her character. She needed someone to practise her lines with, so Akshay readily jumped in to help. "Dimple feels that Akshay has excellent comic timing. So when she started preparing for her character, she wanted to practise with Akshay. He readily agreed, even though he isn't associated with the film in any way," says a source close to the actor.

Akshay Kumar's comic repertoire, of course, consists of comedies like Hera Pheri (2000) Garam Masala (2005) and the Housefull franchise. Dimple's next film, What The Fish, is also a comedy.

The rehearsal sessions are believed to have been held at Akshay's office in Juhu. "Akshay sat down with the script and took her through it, and he also shared tips with her," the source adds.

While the film's production team confirms the news, Dimple says, "I look up to Akshay for his comedy roles. In fact, I prefer his comedies to his action films."

What The Fish will see Dimple playing a comedy role for the first time.