03/03/2011: Dadaji explains CANCELLATION of wedding

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Poll Question :

Will Anjali & family accept Anmol as Neeraj's substitute?

Poll Choice
Yep, they'll see it as the only way out
Nope, there's no way she'll accept it
Dunno/Can't say
Login To Vote
Posted: 13 years ago
No precap

Dadaji seeks Sandhya's hand for Neeraj

Dadaji scolds Sandhya that he had accepted her as a daugher (granddaughter?) and taken her, but w/o telling anybody, she left.  Now, he wants to make her the bahu πŸ‘ and then see how she dares leave the perimeters of that house.  Sandhya's ever helpful tais smile gleefully πŸ˜†  Dadaji then addresses them, requesting them for Sandhya's hand in marriage for Neeraj πŸ‘

Sakshi enthusiastically agrees, and says that this is what they had been wanting all along, and poor Sandhya is shocked πŸ˜†  He tells them that Neeraj's marriage will happen today itself, and that too w/ Sandhya.  Sandhya is shocked, but Sakshi & Shreya are overjoyed πŸ˜†

Sandhya protests that this would be cheating Anjali (Sandhya, you've done a fine job of that yourself so far), while the scene keeps shifting to Anjali's party, who is waiting.  Dadaji tells Sandhya that that's better than the alternative.  He assures her that he'll explain things to Anjali's family.

At the wedding

At the wedding, everybody is waiting, and some of the guests remark on the absense of the groom, pissing Anjali off.  The gossip turns towards the widow guest who was a friend of Neeraj, or something more?  Sarita wonders where Dadaji is gone, and GB, as usual, badmouths Dadaji, saying that they shouldn't have left Neeraj w/ him, since Dadaji screws up everything.  She wonders whether they went to Sandhya's place, and GB hushes her up.

Purvi tries to persuade Anjali to leave, but a really pissed Anjali says that she'll wait right there for Neeraj.  Sarita backs Urmi and asks Anjali's mom to explain to her, but Anjali's mom is pissed as well.  She tells them that they've never been so humiliated, and suspects that this family is plotting against them (indeed, but not the people you think) She reads them the riot act and says that if Anjali doesn't get married today, not only will she take Anjali back, but Purvi as well
(Is her name Purvi or Urmi?  Have I been getting it wrong until now?)

Just then, Dadaji arrives w/ Neeraj & Sandhya.  Anjali & the other women are pissed to see Sandhya w/ them.  GB swears to herself, but Anjali's mom demands an explanation from Dadaji.  Dadaji asks to talk to them in private.  Anjali's mom tells him that there's already been a charade so far, so just openly say whatever needs to be said.  Dadaji tells them that it's better that this remains within the family, and apologizes to the guests.  He asks them to go and eat, and they'll be back for Neeraj's wedding.  He then invites the entire family - Pradhans & Viranis - to another room to discuss things w/ them.

Dadaji explains the situation

Dadaji apologizes to them all for the delay.  He tells them that he knows they'll probably be angry, and that although it was he who was most excited about this wedding, he has to tell them that this marriage cannot take place.  Everybody is shocked to hear that, except Baa, Anmol & Reena.  GB tries to protest, but Dadaji shuts her up.  Anjali's mom demands an explanation.

Dadaji explains to them that if they went ahead w/ this marriage, nobody would be happy - neither Neeraj, nor Anjali.  He asks her father whether he wants his daughter to be miserable for the rest of her life?  Anjali's dad doesn't understand, and Dadaji tells him that it's not Anjali who Neeraj loves.  Dad asks about the letter, and Dadaji tells him that Neeraj had written it to Sandhya, not Anjali.  It had accidentally reached Anjali, giving her a false impression, when in fact, Neeraj loved Sandhya.  Dadaji tells him that it was under that false impression that they went so far ahead and proposed the marriage.  He tells him that Neeraj didn't want to do this, it was Sandhya who forced him for the sake of the family's happiness.  Dadaji says that they did make a mistake, but it can be rectified.  Neither would Neeraj make Anjali happy, nor could Sandhya live w/o Neeraj.  They need to save 3 lives from certain misery. 

Viranis object to Anjali leaving unmarried

Anjali's mom tells Dadaji that Anjali is right now decked up as a bride in front of everybody, and would be humiliated if she left the place unmarried πŸ˜• Her dad also asks Dadaji whether he doesn't know if a girl's baraat doesn't turn up? 

GB butts in as well and tells him that tomorrow, if people ask that instead of marrying Anjali, why did Neeraj marry this widow, what would he tell them?  Dadaji tells her that he doesn't care what other people think πŸ‘ - he cares what his relations think.  And the happiness of their children should be #1 in their minds.  Anjali could never be happy w/ Neeraj if it's Sandhya on his mind, so Neeraj will be marrying Sandhya πŸ‘

Anjali's dad accuses him of being unilateral, and tells him that Anjali will only leave this place as their bahu.  Dadaji tells him that he doesn't mind what he does to him, but he is going to protect all the kids.  He then turns to Anjali and apologizes to her, accepting responsibility for the fact that her life is @ a fork due to his actions.  He understands what must be going thru her mind, but the person who she wants already belongs to someone else.  So at this moment, there is nothing he can do other than apologize to her.  He then bends to touch her feet, but Anjali steps aside.  Dadaji tells her that she seems to love Neeraj, so she should understand that if she's not going to get his love, what good is this marriage? 

GB has a suggestion...

GB thinks to herself that Dadaji seems determined to drag this widow in, but if Anjali was not married, the Virani family would drag them to the streets (so the Viranis are another Jagirdars?) 

Anjali's mom dares Dadaji to tell Anjali that they're jilting her @ the alter.  GB perks up again, and tells them that she has a suggestion.  Everyone turns to her to hear what it is.  The last shots are that of Anmol & Anjali. 😲

Comments

The first part of the episode was fantastic - Dada scolding Sandhya, and then asking Sakshi & Shreya for her hand for Neeraj.  What surprised me was that he didn't return w/ them as well - it would be mighty strange if Sandhya took the pheras and none of the family were there.

I understand the anger the Viranis have @ this situation, so wouldn't fault either them nor Anjali.  Although if they want to take back Purvi as well, do they take Raj as well, or do they force her to divorce?  I found their behavior wrt this marriage inexplicable.  Incidentally, is Raj's wife's name Purvi or Urmi - anybody clarify?

But GB's gall in referring to Sandhya as a widow, as though Neeraj had no say in who he wanted.  What's more - Dadaji & Baa don't have such hang-ups, but their daughter does.  I do wish Dadaji reads her the riot act.

As some have speculated, if GB suggests Anmol to marry instead, it might be a face saver for the Viranis, but she's obviously willing to pawn their happiness, having failed w/ Neeraj & Sandhya.  I hope Anmol has a fair choice to refuse, although if he's smitten w/ Anjali, he might not.  If that's the case, I do hope Anjali perks up and refuses, instead of marrying a guy she obviously disdains.  Another thing - previously, it was the Jagirdars that everyone feared, and now the Viranis?

I suspect if they go thru w/ this marriage, then what might happen is that instead of Neerdhya, Anmol-Anjali's marriage might be what goes on to happen, and after that, Neerdhya's marriage would happen separately.  Just hope GB doesn't get any chances to play tricks w/ them.  After the shock the CVs gave us w/ Neeraj-Anjali, I guess I'll not crib about Anmol-Anjali, although I agree w/ everyone who notes that that's a bad mismatch given that she disdains him.  But it's something that she can fix, simply from her end.

Episode rating: πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

πŸ‘πŸΌ: Dadaji calling off the marriage and explaining everything to the Viranis

πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ: GB's rants and new suggestion, the entire unpleasant confrontation, though understandable

I'm sure she's called Urmi not Purvi!! Confused too now!!

I can see where this track is probably going to go and I don't like the look of it. Everyone will hate Sandhya - yes she made some mistakes in telling Neeraj to marry Anjali, or forcing him to, even. But she doesn't deserve what she'll probably have coming her way. I hope Anjali and Urmi etc find out that the mother already knew the situation and was still carrying on with the whole plans. I don't like that mother much grrr. Nor do I like GB, sticking her nose in everywhere and piping up with stupid, irrational thoughts and feelings! Anjali will probably get married into the house, not to Neeraj now ofcourse, and GB will probably fill her head with things and trigger her already bitter feelings.
Edited by p0lkad0t - 13 years ago
Originally posted by p0lkad0t

I'm sure she's called Urmi not Purvi!! Confused too now!!

I can see where this track is probably going to go and I don't like the look of it. Everyone will hate Sandhya - yes she made some mistakes in telling Neeraj to marry Anjali, or forcing him to, even. But she doesn't deserve what she'll probably have coming her way. I hope Anjali and Urmi etc find out that the mother already knew the situation and was still carrying on with the whole plans. I don't like that mother much grrr. Nor do I like GB, sticking her nose in everywhere and piping up with stupid, irrational thoughts and feelings! Anjali will probably get married into the house, not to Neeraj now ofcourse, and GB will probably fill her head with things and trigger her already bitter feelings.
Urmi already knows that her mother knew about Neeraj-Sandhya (remember when this chandal chokdi had ganged up on sandhya the night before she left, the mother(read: moron) admitted that Neeraj's sister had told her)
I seriously question their concern for their daughters. On one hand they are worried about "log kya kahengey" when they leave without getting Anjali married and on the other hand she wants to drag Urmi along with her, thereby spoiling her marriageπŸ˜•. What do they want: Urmi joining Anjali and braving the society  together (if thats the case)
yes, the family will visualize anmol as Mr. Bakra for anjali...🀒 
why??? i mean is anjali so bad that she'll never find someone or what...??? 😑
when will people understand this??? & what's this dragging the other sister also along with anjali??? means at first only one daugther's life was spoiled but as Spatty123 said, the mother wants to spoil the other daughter's life too!!!πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ