Vishal turns designer -- indya.com

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 6:55am | IP Logged
Vishal Gandhi turns designer
Buzz up!
Vishal Gandhi aka Kabir of STAR One's Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani is a well known face on TV. He recently launched his own designer brand Minar and Sunhom that aims to create fashion for the layman. Read on as Vishal reveals more about his new venture.

Natasha Coutinho/Hill Road Media
Showing 1 of 8 images Previous    Next
Vishal Gandhi

How did you come up with the idea of launching your own designer brand?
I am brand conscious person and realized that I usually end up paying a bomb for a simple shirt or T-shirt. That was the major reason behind creating a brand the regular guy on the street can afford. We all like to wear designer outfits but at affordable rates- that is what my brand is all about. We even make customized clothes according to your budget. Currently, we are focusing on women wear and my creations are available at select stores in Bandra. We plan to expand soon

Vishal Gandhi

Why did you choose Lucknow Fashion week to showcase your creations?
I spoke to a friend about my plans of launching my own clothes brand. She instead suggested I discuss the idea with her friend and fashion designer Umair Zafar. Umair proposed that I showcase my creations at Lucknow Fashion week. I felt it was a better idea rather than word of mouth publicity I had planned on. We got Reshmi Ghosh and Amrita Patki, former Miss India, to walk the ramp for us. It was fantastic.

Vishal Gandhi

Have you approached any co-stars or friends from TV to model for your brand?
I have spoken and shown my creations to few TV stars. Designer of Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani Minar and Sunhom are my partners and they are handling the creative aspect of our brand with my wife. Sukirti Kandpal, my co-star in Pyaar Kii Yeh Ek Kahaani will be doing a portfolio shoot for us soon and Minar too has spoken to some other actors.

Vishal Gandhi

What fashion and style tips would you give to our readers?
I believe one should wear what he/she is comfortable in. Personally, I love bandanas, stylish belts and good shoes. For me accessories are more important than clothes. Some people buy clothes from roadside shops which look great while there are many who can't carry off designer wear.

Vishal Gandhi

Who do you feel can carry your creations best?
Deepshika, my rakhi sister recently wore one of our dresses to the music launch of her film Yeh Dooriyan. She is tall, beautiful and carried the outfit really well. For our Indian wear collection, Kajol and Vidya Balan are apt personalities. As for western, Anushka Sharma would be perfect.

Vishal Gandhi

Who are your favourite designers?
Manish Malhotra is my favourite and I love his creativity. He always comes up with something different. I don't follow the work of international designers.

Vishal Gandhi

Who according to you is the best dressed TV personality?
Reshmi Ghosh looked gorgeous in our dress she wore as our showstopper in Lucknow. Besides her, Shweta Kawatra is looks good in anything she wears and so does Ankita Lokhande. I believe that more than the clothes, it is the attitude of the person wearing it that matters.

Vishal Gandhi

How will you manage time between your latest venture and acting?
I am not involved in the creative aspect since I have a team handling it. I look after the production part. I give my inputs but make sure my team has creative freedom.

Edited by Armu4eva - 03 March 2011 at 7:10am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

-kavita--Sonia-roseflower_07Aisha.Vedika126adits7-Rumi-Super KoolEvIlNeSs_RoCkZ

-Rumi- IF-Sizzlerz
-Rumi-
-Rumi-

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 7:01am | IP Logged

Thanks for sharing. Smile

AnuPurva IF-Dazzler
AnuPurva
AnuPurva

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 8:10am | IP Logged
thanks Tanu for sharing the news..
roseflower_07 IF-Rockerz
roseflower_07
roseflower_07

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged
congratulations Vishal
-veena.shona- IF-Dazzler
-veena.shona-
-veena.shona-

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
t4s Smile
i really wish him luck 4 his brand Big smile
btw he reallyyyyyyy luks vry skinny in d last pic Wink
Veena
Vedika126 IF-Sizzlerz
Vedika126
Vedika126

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:27am | IP Logged
thnx for posting the article. All the best for his new brand. wish to see him back on the show.
Super Kool IF-Sizzlerz
Super Kool
Super Kool

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged
way to go vishuThumbs Up...thank you for sharing...
Another-World IF-Dazzler
Another-World
Another-World

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Nice pics and thanks for sharing Thumbs Up

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index