Priyanka Chopra says fair skin rules in B-town - Page 3

Posted: 13 years ago
this is so true hope..
even i have heard many saying.. nahin achi nahin hai thodi sawli hai.. etc

I dont think Katrina is popular bcoz of her light skin... If that was the case then other light ones like Dia, Zarine, Urvashi Sharma, Sneha Ullal, Hansika too would have been the popular ones...

Like I have said before Katrina is a complete package... An innocent vulneable face, a hot bod, stays away from cat fights and she says the right things at the right time at the right place...

All these factors make her click...
All I tried to say was fair skinned girls are more widely accepted by our audience than dark skinned girls.

Its just not about Kat.

Can we not make this a fan war topic please?
Originally posted by -Maddy-

I dont think Katrina is popular bcoz of her light skin... If that was the case then other light ones like Dia, Zarine, Urvashi Sharma, Sneha Ullal, Hansika too would have been the popular ones...

Like I have said before Katrina is a complete package... An innocent vulneable face, a hot bod, stays away from cat fights and she says the right things at the right time at the right place...

All these factors make her click...

I agreeπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Pragya...Was that comment in reponse to mine...😊 Just wondering.... Mine was not referred to you..

I was just stating in general... bcoz many times before I have heard that Katrina is popular bcoz of her light skin...So I was giving my opinion that I do not think that is the reason...
Maddy I didnt even see your post when I wrote that.

It was in response to the previous posts.

Mine was not targeted at Kat, I wanted to use Kat as an eg. I should may be edit and say e.g.
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Why only in Bollywood every where in India thats the case. However I would like to think that Bollywood has come a long way. Dont see much of a bias for fair skinned girls . DP, PC, Bipasha, Chitragandha, Sonam are a few who have made it irrespective not being extremely fair skinned.

But the audience is still obsessed with fair skin though. How else would you explain Kat's popularity?

pragya, are you honestly suggesting that kat's popularity has to do with her 'fair skin'....?   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

kajol and rani were the ruling queens of bollywood before the new 'breed' of actresses came in, and none of them are fair.... though, i do think there is a general prejudice regarding skin colour in our industry... which is kinda sad...

but i don't think fair skin alone can get you the connection with the audience...  i don't think it's as simplistic as that....!! 
Disagree.

People who have ruled in the not so distant past: Kajol and Rani. BIG examples of how you dont need fair skin.
WOmen who are considered sizzling, Mallika nad Bipasha

Does Vidya, who's doing so well right now, have fair skin?

Yes Katrina and Kareena have fair skin, but please, that's not the only reason for their success. They are very attractive girls, but its definitely got more to do than fair skin.
And are we talking about a country where the biggest superstars ahve been fairly dark skinned men like Srk and Amitabh? Really now?

If fair skin was all it took, Jugal hansraj would have been an instant hit.
Originally posted by Gobsmacked

Maddy I didnt even see your post when I wrote that.

It was in response to the previous posts.

Mine was not targeted at Kat, I wanted to use Kat as an eg. I should may be edit and say e.g.

Oh... Ok... Since it was right below mine I just assumed.... My bad... sorry... 😊

and why shld you edit... It is your opinion... Just like everyone can state what they want you can too...Fan wars either way will happen if not here than in some other topic... πŸ˜†