CID

Shivaji Satam aka ACP Pradyuman Info Thread (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 57

Saadrita

IF-Dazzler

Saadrita

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Wonderful update Bhavana di. Thank you so much for sharing. Shivaji sir is indeed a gem of an actor.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bhavanab

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shivaji Satam aka ACP Pradyuman Info Thread (Page 5)" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

monika21

IF-Sizzlerz

monika21

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 2:29am | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Bhavanab]
But Monana ACP Bhavnika matlab ???? Am I an ACP or what ??? Shocked we used to say ACP after watching ur pic on ACP sir's chair... during ur visit at CID Bureau... forgot..Big smile sorry for li'l bit OT....
Big smile

Edited by monika21 - 08 March 2011 at 2:29am

Bhavanab

Khula_Saand

IF-Rockerz

Khula_Saand

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Who knows. Bhavz will be Future ACP of CID forums...Wink

deepika102

IF-Sizzlerz

deepika102

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
thanks for the wonderful update bhavana...wish i could understand marathi...i would have loved to see satam sir's movies then....after all it was satam sir who drew me to CID...i became adi sir's fan much laterSmile

Bhavanab

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:42pm | IP Logged

This is a very old article. But I found some interesting lines. Embarrassed

'We are one happy family' - ACP Pradhyuman aka Shivaji Satam

Thursday night, August 21st saw the celebration of 11 years of CID, one of Sony's flagship weekend shows. Unfortunately though, except for the cast, unit and the channel heads there was hardly any media present to raise a toast to ACP Pradyuman and his team members.

A short felicitation ceremony followed, where the channel heads honored the producers, the soft spoken B P Singh and the man of very few words Pradeep Upoor, directors, writers ' brothers Shriram and Shridhar Raghvan and Rajat Arora and the cast headed by Shivaji Satam.

With the formal part over, the celebration continued as beer flowed freely and the spirits soared high. We caught up with Shivaji Satam who couldn't partake of any of the non-vegetarian fare as he was observing the auspicious period of 'Shravan'.

Excerpts from a chat:

Eleven years of CID'looks like a long lasting marriage?
(Laughs) Absolutely. What more does an actor want? I am proud to have been part of a long standing show. We have set some benchmarks, a nice World Record too of shooting a 111 minute long episode in one take, and it's a rock solid show on Sony for the past so many years. It feels great.

But of late, haven't some of the crime stories dealt with lost its sheen? Most episodes are built up a lot and then all you get is an anti-climax'
Yes, I do agree but then it's not always the case. Isn't life too like that? Sometimes there is so much excitement around and then suddenly there is an empty feeling. Besides, sustaining a weekly one hour crime fiction show isn't a joke. It does take a toll on creativity but you go on, as one happy family.

Shooting together for all these years must have been fun'
Yes, it's really like a family of brothers'Sabse bada bhai followed by thoda chhota aur phir usse thoda chhota and then the youngest. There are no ego hassles, no differences, no clashes. We work towards one goal. We play cricket together, we gossip, we laugh, we have fun. There's never a dull moment on the show.

Don't you get tired of it all?
Do we get tired of our family? Yes, there are times when there is no bank of episodes and we are shooting under pressure and we feel like telling the producers to request the channel to give us a break but then again, so many livelihoods are dependent on this show, so why mend it when it ain't broken!

Why aren't you doing other TV shows?
Simply because when you are leading a successful show, where is the need to do something else? I believe TV is a medium which doesn't allow for over exposure. Viewers too feel monotonous when they see the same set of actors. Besides, I have my Marathi films to keep me creatively satiated.

Finally, what are the advantages of being ACP Pradyuman?
That you get the best close-ups and the best lines!!

Edited by visrom - 08 March 2011 at 10:43pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DemonStarPrincess13.SaadritaRashida15-Twinkles-deepika102monika21

Chiinnu

IF-Sizzlerz

Chiinnu

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:45pm | IP Logged
We play cricket together

ROFL

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 08 March 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chinnu_manikyam

We play cricket together

ROFL
I seriously remembered my own story written about a year back. LOL

Princess13.

visrom

IF-Veteran Member

visrom

Posted: 09 March 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
This part is really worrying

'Yes, there are times when there is no bank of episodes and we are shooting under pressure and we feel like telling the producers to request the channel to give us a break but then again, so many livelihoods are dependent on this show'

OuchConfused

The part in blue is so sweet.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top