Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

You Know You're A Maaneetian When...

LD-Radha IF-Stunnerz
LD-Radha
LD-Radha

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
- You feel ridiculous amounts of excitement seconds before a new episode airs
- At the mention of a the full name - Maan Singh Khurana, you get giddy and start to blush like a 15 year old with a crush
- You fell off your chair during the Wheres the Party hug
- You cant sleep because you're thinking about tomorrow's episode/today's/both
- First thing you do when you wake up/come home (depending on your time zone) is make a mad dash for the computer
- You sneak on to IF to see updates and pictures when your boss is in the bathroom
- You watch Maaneet vms at least 3-4 times a week
- You actually talk to the TV/computer screen during episodes ex. cheering Geet on
- You have to fan yourself during Maan's tai chi sequences
- You hear "Maan" or "Geet" in different contexts but your mind got Maaneet
- Your mind goes completely blank every time they get too close
- You have to text your friend (another Maaneetian) to tell them how awesome it was because they're at work with no computer access
- You go on youtube when you're bored just to see old Maaneet scenes
- You know every BG tune by heart and hum it on a regular basis
- You simply can not bear Sundays and go on IF to make up for it
- You'd much rather refer to Naintara as Chudailtara
- You quite literally have to hold your heart during MSK's sweet and sappy dialogues
- You turn into a pile of mush just because of the way Maan looks at Geet
- You wish someone would look at you the way Maan looks at Geet
- You randomly break into Mahi every now and then
- You hear Zor Ka Jhatka and automatically think of Maan's slap
- The word "dupatta" suddenly means "match maker"
- (To back up the last one) You used to think dupattas were just annoying to keep around your neck...but now...you cant get enough of them
- You go into a dream state upon hearing "Zindagi ki har subha tumse shuru ho gayi aur tumpe katam"
- The tabeez is your favourite character
- You can no longer look at a guy/girl named Manish/Manisha the same way again
- You suddenly have a fondness for guys that stutter and wear glasses
- You see Manisha but your mind processes it as "Maneeeshha"
- You wish you had a hot hot boss as well but walk into work every morning thinking...damn it...meri phooti kismat
- You hear a train and think "Miss Hoshairpur Express"
- You want your "ride" to your wedding to be on a white horse with your future husband as the driver
- You pray you get stuck at the beauty parlor so that the above stated situation can happen
- You're willing to twist your ankles just to be picked up into his strong arms...again...phooti kismat
- You look for a new naukar and think...oye...where is Nakul...and are ready to start a petition
- You melt every single time you see that hospital reunion hug...
- You can't remember what your life was like before Geet and cant bear to imagine it after

I hope you all enjoyed. And I have to give credit where it was due - this was mostly written by my dear friend and fellow Maaneetian - Jaz (jnawaz)...I just tried to follow along and try to come up with a couple of my own. Feel free to add! Im sure we missed alot of good ones that you guys can think of!Smile 

Jasman

Additions:
- Every song played on Maaneet or you see on them becomes your favourite song (mrs. MSK_Gurti)
- Morning starts with the IF's GHSP page and the posts on it and the day ends with IF's GHSP page and the posts on it (avnee)
- You wish to have Maan by your side whenever you have a power failure/alone in a room/locked up in a room. The same applies for lift as well. (nisharoyce) 

Edited by GeetHSP - 02 March 2011 at 8:48pm

The following 34 member(s) liked the above post:

engrrnav_cnsronukrnlMaanGeetkiSimmiPGirnTulikdg129stranger11sheenu32gauranitaiJadee777indiegirlRadiantTreasuregurti30PLKG90sunshine94_RashmiMaaneet.LoverEBasso-Zahra15-itsmylifebossiMadzramaheshmaankigeet4everpunjabi.princes* ~ Roshni ~ *jnawazRiMa_972.Kiran.Sabmeratu.roseinbloomAsmi13jasraj123SecretKhabri420

maankigeet4ever IF-Rockerz
maankigeet4ever
maankigeet4ever

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
ohhhhh...i love ur post..everything is so true.....god..i love themm...nice going girls...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

jnawazLD-Radha

LD-Radha IF-Stunnerz
LD-Radha
LD-Radha

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 6:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maankigeet4ever

ohhhhh...i love ur post..everything is so true.....god..i love themm...nice going girls...
Awww Im actually really glad (and im sure Jaz is too)Smile We love them too...so very very much. And thank you so much!

maankigeet4everjnawaz

delhigirl IF-Dazzler
delhigirl
delhigirl

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
bang on. I am a true maaneetian

jnawazLD-Radha

ramahesh IF-Rockerz
ramahesh
ramahesh

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 6:13pm | IP Logged
really some of them happening with me also yaar
agree with u
that we r MAANEETIANS....

jnawazLD-Radha

Giraffidae IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Tulikdg129gauranitaisummikhanRadiantTreasureMaaneet.Lovermaankigeet4everSabmeratu.roseinbloomRiMa_972jnawazAsmi13LD-Radha

LD-Radha IF-Stunnerz
LD-Radha
LD-Radha

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maaneet-is-best

Originally posted by GeetHSP

- You feel ridiculous amounts of excitement seconds before a new episode airs
- At the mention of a the full name - Maan Singh Khurana, you get giddy and start to blush like a 15 year old with a crush
- You fell off your chair during the Wheres the Party hug
- You cant sleep because you're thinking about tomorrow's episode/today's/both
- First thing you do when you wake up/come home (depending on your time zone) is make a mad dash for the computer
- You sneak on to IF to see updates and pictures when your boss is in the bathroom
- You watch Maaneet vms at least 3-4 times a week
- You actually talk to the TV/computer screen during episodes ex. cheering Geet on
- You have to fan yourself during Maan's tai chi sequences
- You hear "Maan" or "Geet" in different contexts but your mind got Maaneet
- Your mind goes completely blank every time they get too close
- You have to text your friend (another Maaneetian) to tell them how awesome it was because they're at work with no computer access
- You go on youtube when you're bored just to see old Maaneet scenes
- You know every BG tune by heart and hum it on a regular basis
- You simply can not bear Sundays and go on IF to make up for it
- You'd much rather refer to Naintara as Chudailtara
- You quite literally have to hold your heart during MSK's sweet and sappy dialogues
- You turn into a pile of mush just because of the way Maan looks at Geet
- You wish someone would look at you the way Maan looks at Geet
- You randomly break into Mahi every now and then
- You hear Zor Ka Jhatka and automatically think of Maan's slap
- The word "dupatta" suddenly means "match maker"
- (To back up the last one) You used to think dupattas were just annoying to keep around your neck...but now...you cant get enough of them
- You go into a dream state upon hearing "Zindagi ki har subha tumse shuru ho gayi aur tumpe katam"
- The tabeez is your favourite character
- You can no longer look at a guy/girl named Manish/Manisha the same way again
- You suddenly have a fondness for guys that stutter and wear glasses
- You see Manisha but your mind processes it as "Maneeeshha"
- You wish you had a hot hot boss as well but walk into work every morning thinking...damn it...meri phooti kismat
- You hear a train and think "Miss Hoshairpur Express"
- You want your "ride" to your wedding to be on a white horse with your future husband as the driver
- You pray you get stuck at the beauty parlor so that the above stated situation can happen
- You're willing to twist your ankles just to be picked up into his strong arms...again...phooti kismat
- You look for a new naukar and think...oye...where is Nakul...and are ready to start a petition
- You can't remember what your life was like before Geet and cant bear to imagine it after

I hope you all enjoyed. And I have to give credit where it was due - this was mostly written by my dear friend and fellow Maaneetian - Jaz (jnawaz)...I just tried to follow along and try to come up with a couple of my own. Feel free to add! Im sure we missed alot of good ones that you guys can think of!Smile 

Jasman

- You imagine Maaneet in any movie song and start smiling.  The original movie stars have gone for a toss.
- You sing Maaaaahiiiiiiii when you see your other-half.
- You wished you & your hubby had gotten footprints like Maaneet at your wedding. 
- When you are driving and stuck in traffic, you think of Maaneet and time goes fast.  In any situation for that matter.
- You forgot to brush, as you had to rush to Tanu's update (if you are in USA).
- You skip breakfast to watch the episode from Tanu's links (if you are in USA).
- You bought a laptop/notebook dedicated to Maaneet.
- You carry your notebook/laptop everywhere you go, doctor's appointments, kids activities, etc. and if you don't get internet access, you are furious, but you calm down by watching the episodes you have downloaded.
- You carry your laptop/notebook to the gym and workout more than you should by watching Maaneet.
- You told everyone to call you Mishty after MSK called Geet like that.
- You started saying "Babaji" just like Geet.
- You even tell non-Indians about Maaneet and they have ended up getting watching GHSP.
- You have shared IF website with every person you know, so they can browse and see Maaneet pictures.

Please remove if I have any duplicates

OMG those are good! I can especially relate to the ones about time going quicker when you think of Maaneet, I actually imagine Maaneet on a song, as a vm instead of a movieSmile, I find myself saying Babaji alot more too and HAHA! Same! I've told my non-Indian friends about GHSP and I always bring my comp/ipod with scenes uploaded so they can watch while I translate lol. Nice additions!
kdg129 Senior Member
kdg129
kdg129

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 7:07pm | IP Logged
OMG EVERY FREAKING THING APPLIED TO ME!! for real! Shocked
Jump For Joy

ooh, and btw, i AM a 15 year old w/ a crushLOL ('cept my crush is..ya know...not real...Blushing)

epic post! Star

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jnawaz

Go to top