Rang Badalti Odhani

India-Forums

Rang Badalti Odhani
Rang Badalti Odhani

Casa 50B on 146 Most links on Page 1) (Page 98)

adventure_gurl IF-Sizzlerz
adventure_gurl
adventure_gurl

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 4:51am | IP Logged
awesome  updates!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aditee

OlicityFan IF-Rockerz
OlicityFan
OlicityFan

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 6:47am | IP Logged
waitin for the next ! ;)

aditee

k.krithika Goldie
k.krithika
k.krithika

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Hi Aditee
Read the last 3 parts just awesome loved it Big smile
Wow Shridi amazing place. They are destined to be together.
Beautifully written Clap
Love ur surprises superb as always Smile
I love the way u connect every incident. Awesome writing Clap
Enjoy reading every part. U r an amazing writer Smile
Thanks a lot Smile

aditee

Aussiegal Senior Member
Aussiegal
Aussiegal

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

wonderful reading.!! thanks for the 3 awesome lots of installments this weekend. can't wait til you update..:)

aditee

lghosh IF-Rockerz
lghosh
lghosh

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
So finally the families meet! I knew Dadi will make some excuse to go to Shirdi just to meet the Mistrys. Since Sunil is out of town she would have to do this. Madhavi is out of question. Now I wonder how will Shaan land there!! Big smile Or will Dadi manage to invite them in Bombay & there will be the introduction between the prospective groom & the in-laws!! Will see how u weave the story! Big smile
Overall a very homely update. We got to see the close knit family of Khanak, they typical bonding of a middle class family with values. U did a superb job in bringing the contrast between the attitude, outlook & psyche of both the families. Shaan was alone when he was hurt in that accident but in Khanak's family the whole family including the peripheral ones will come to aid if they found out. And obviously there is a vast difference in the financial status as well which I believe Madhavi was also talking about. The more the contrast the better the attraction I guess, the better the appeal & better the pull towards each other between Shaan & Khanak. For Shaan he wouldn't be so besotted with anyone from the same background as he is, he is attracted to Khanak because she is so different. Nicely done.
Loved the interaction between cousins, the bonding between them!
Will look forward to the next update.
Oh another thing I have to compliment u about is ur detailed description of Bombay, Pune & Shirdi! I don't know whether u have been there or not but the description matches to the T! Very well done.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nk.mailaditee

dishbhan Goldie
dishbhan
dishbhan

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Fantastic!!!!!

Shadi bhi shirdi mein hi ho jayegi kya?

sahi ... dadi took the cue and went to shirdi at the same time huh...

space is being given or anger is getting increased ... nothing of Shaan in this update other then her remembering him...bichara woh ... aur bichare hum!!!!

Next update jaldi pls

~Cheers,
Dish

Edited by dishbhan - 25 April 2011 at 1:30pm

aditee

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 6:40pm | IP Logged
Thank you all for reading it time and time again. I am deeply touched. I carefully watch to see when interest will start to wane, but looks like its still going great.

I am happy this story is reaching out and touching each and every one of you (readers only) romantics.

Lana, I have been to Mumbai for 5 or so days I believe, 7 years ago. I stayed at Oberoi Towers and visited family at Bandra and Chembur. I know Marine Drive like the back of my hand, or so I want to believe.

All else, is what I ve read, watched on TV and heard about from the multitude of Mumbaikars I have as friends in my town here.

People say I am very observant, I guess its paying off for me, in this desi M&B.

I have never been to Pune or Shirdi. Hope to some day!

My life revolves around Delhi and my heart beats for Delhi.

k.krithika

aditee IF-Rockerz
aditee
aditee

Posted: 25 April 2011 at 7:27pm | IP Logged

PART 35 A

Trust Guest House, Shirdi
April 10th, 8 PM onwards.

The knight makes his first "virtual" appearance!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedHeart
-----------------------------------------------------------

They had three airconditioned rooms at the guest house. Her cousins were thrilled. The snack and chai session was amazing according to Kaki. Everyone seemed happy, except for her Aada. It was around 8 PM and he had just returned to the room. Khanak was by herself. Cousins and Kaki and Mom were watching a new movie on the flat screen TV in the room next door. Kaka was taking a nap in the third room. Khanak was looking at some design plans she had carried and was making notes, and caclculating stuff.

Aada: Busy ho beta (in Gujarati)

Khanak: Nahi Aada. Aaiye

Her Dad retires on the bed, tired, puts his foot up, she fetches him some water, a guy knocks on the door with a pot of tea and more snacks.

He looks more worried. Khanak wonders what must have happened.

Khanak: Was there a problem at the Trust?

Aada: Umm' no beta'.

Khanak: Agle saal ke scan etc ke paise dene se mana kar diya kya? (She worries how she will arrange for it, as already she is paying off a loan for fixing their Ahmedabad house and helping Kaki when ever she could)

Aada: Nahi''' baitho idhar

She sits by him, he fondly ruffles her hair, and taps her cheek, she leans on him and closes her eyes.

Aada: Tumhe kuch kehna hai?

Khanak: Nahi to! (smiles)

Aada: Ek baat thi'.. who Mr Pai keh rahe the kal, ki koi movie ka hero tumhe ghar chhodne aaya pichhle hafte.

Khanak sits up startled, blushes, "aada who, who hero nahi tha"(denies)

Aada: Aur kaun tha?

Khanak: Arrey who mere daftar se hai, uske Aada ne hamey lunch par bulaya tha, Ritu bhi gayi na mere saath (reassuring)

His face relaxes, but only a little

Khanak: Aada kya hua?

Aada: Amogh ko soch raha hoon mana kar doon (the second (Engineer) proposal he had brought for her)

Her heart skips a beat "Kyon? Aap ne to kaha tha milna hai mujhe" (pacifying)

Aada: Abhi soch raha hoon mana karoon

Khanak: Aada??

Aada sits up, she pours his chai, sets out all the snack, he eats, her eyes well up with tears thinking he must be hungry, pours his second cup of chai, pours herself some also

Aada: Abhi Bai ko nahi bataya maine. Tere liye ek rishta aaya hai!

The cup slips from her hand and shatters on the floor

He looks at her in shock.

She quickly runs to the bathroom to get some towels, mops it up,

Aada: Kya hua beta?

Khanak: Kuch nahi, mere haath mein tel thana (wipes it off vigorously on the white towel)

Aada: Poochogi nahi kaun? (Smiles)

Khanak: Kahiye! (nervous, trembly voice, she is terrified it might be some one her Aada met at the Trust office, wonders how they even knew her Dad had a daughter that lived and worked in Mumbai. Her Aada was more private than her, many people at his work did not know how many kids he had. She worries who it could be)

Aada: Wohh Janaki Gujral hai na, unka pota (the plates slide from her hand to the tray in a huge clatter)

Her father is visibily upset "Beta haath dhokar aao jao, yahan pehle to kiraya nahi hai, oopar se hum koi samaan ka nuksaan kare yeh theek nahi," he just rambles)

She runs to the bathroom again, her face is beetroot red, she splashes icy cold water on it, it heightens the color further, she stands there wasting minutes

Aada: Khanak?

Khanak: Jee Aada'. (stepping out reluctantly)

Aada: Baitho, aao (looks at her face, notices bashfulness, smiles)

Khanak: Haan (really nervous)

Aada: Who America se padhke aaya hai. Mumbai mein naukri karta hai, Janaki jo uski bahut tareef kar rahi thi. Usne tumhe pasand kar liya bataya.

Khanak: Kya?? (her heart is threatening to stop any second, her chest hurts )

Aada: Who to tumhari itni tareef kar rahi thi, ki main bahut khush hua. Tumhe kaise jaanti hai who beta?

Khanak: Us din jo hum ghar gaye'''.

Aada: Ek hafta pehle? Dekho, main ek saal se koshish kar raha hoon, tum ek hafta pehle tum mili un logon se aur aaj rishta aa gaya. Tumhare sasur ne bhi tumhari khoob tareef ki hai.

She is shocked out of her wits to hear her Dad use that word.

Khanak: Aada!!

Aada: Bahut bhale log maloom hotey hain. Ladka bhi bahut achha hai. Nek hai.

Khanak: Lekin aapko yeh baat kisne boli?

Aada: Janaki jee ne. (stops for a second) To us din jo ladka tumhe chhodne gaya ghar, wohi to hai, jiski baat chali hai. (like he just figured out the relativity theory)

Khanak: Hmmpfh!

Khanak is suddenly FURIOUS! "Give me a break!" she thinks. "Who? How? Where? How did all this happen?"

Aada: Who tumhaare saath kaam kiya hai ne? Uska phone bhi aaya tha jab main baitha tha Janakiji ke saath. Unhoney mujhe poocha ki "baat karenge", maine socha pehle tumhe poochoon nei? (is smiling, eyes half closed, reminiscing, fantasizing not sure what)

Khanak: Aada, meri baat to suniye''''

Aada: Janaki ji to keh rahi thi ki chat mangni pat byah. Ladka bhi shaadi jaldi karno chahta hai. Maine keh diya abhi Dadi ko kehna hai, aur Bua ko, sab milkar baat karenge, nei?

Khanak hides her face in her hands "OMG! OMG! OMG!" goes through her mind in rapid succession. Her Aada's phone rings, its Kaka, he is up now, her Aada gets up, wears his shirt again over his vest''. Kisses her head mumbles "Mujhe pata tha, koi badi khushi aane ko hai tabhi Bhagwan ne tujhe itna rulaya, ab dekhna tu hamesha hasegi. Toone mujhe itni khushi di hai beta, ab dekhna tere bache bhi khoob khushi bharenge tere jeevan mein"

Walks away slowly shutting the door behind him, Khanak is almost violent upon hearing that, frantically starts looking for her phone.

---------------------------------------------------------

Coming up... of denials and dhamkis... deal making and drum roll... of shehnai and suhaag raat... of honeymoon and life with a hunk.EmbarrassedLOLWink (there is no icon for sizzle, unfortunately!)

Edited by aditee - 25 April 2011 at 7:30pm

The following 33 member(s) liked the above post:

ksravi007mitraraajapooja.88vineeta2108vijusbsangitasenguptaAnu80tina2minapriyani143ktymfank.krithikaangel_9nk.maildishbhansweetsuteiluvmanar-Ray--SYS-punjabi#1-Unknown-22jparkerlghoshRB81PhoenixRadarpriya_cool_123Roshni_MOlicityFanpoo_jFanaahThe_May_Roseadventure_gurlkubareshanakyasharan

Go to top