Random Musings: March 2, 2011

Posted: 13 years ago
Welcome to the Random Musings thread!

Please jump in with  your views on the 
episode or the characters by posting analysis, poems,Riddles, vm's siggies, OS's or anything else you feel like!

Index of Analysis, or other items
Page 1:

Page 2:

Some simple rules: 

1. Follow the IF code of conduct 
2. No bashing of members or the actors 
3. First page will typically be for analysis, poems or anything about the episode...so reserve if you want to do that!
4. If you don't want to analyze, you can still reserve your space for your views 
5. Have fun 😆

Thread openers for this week:
-Monday: Jaya
-Tuesday: Amna
-Wednesday: Jaya
-Thursday: Amna
-Friday: Jaya

[NOTE: if you want to open the thread on any of the days, let us know 🤗]
Good episode today. Everything flowed well in the screenplay.  The scenes that stood out for me:

Breakfast

I enjoyed the brief normal conversation between Gaurav and Brahma. Maybe things between them were not always bad. I wish we were shown more interactions between the two. It was also nice to see the continuation of Vidya's curiosity about the locker in today's scene as she quietly tried to the go back to her room to investigate while Gaurav was busy at breakfast. Predictably, she was interrupted by Priya who wanted her to go get Taara while she herself tried to locate her father. While today's interjection worked, it is now almost unbearable to watch the Vidya scenes. The writers are walking a very thin line here. 😳 The longer they delay movement in this track, viewers lose any interest in it so the revelation when it does come will not have the desired impact.
Finally, where did Sweety and Chinu disappear to? They were at breakfast yesterday but MIA  in today's continuation scene.

Taara's tantrum

Taara's continued anger is not working for me.  Her grief needs to be mixed in and shown too. The kid's acting is also very over the top and makes me want to skip the scenes she is in. What did work however was Brahma's management of Taara's anger. He is the head of the household and his stepping in to firmly control the situation was a good touch. 👍🏼 I loved the transition Vishwajeet portrayed from the firm uncle with Taara to the more understanding brother-in-law with Uttara...all in one scene. 👏

Brahma - Priya

Brahma verbally poking Priya as everybody returned to eat breakfast was a good scene. I liked Priya's character trying to bluff her way out with false bravado but vintage SasurPig at his villainous best matched her toe to toe. 👍🏼 Ridhi's crying at the end of the scene did not work for me at all though.

Breakfast

I enjoyed most parts of this sequence from Uttara's grief to Priya's inability to manage her worry about her father's well being.
Kamya emoted Uttara's grief spectacularly. 👏

Like other times, I disliked Imli's character's visible animosity towards Priya and her constant instigation of Vidya. I really wish the writers provided some basis for her attitude to make such scenes more watchable. 🤔

Overall: Good episode...it's a 4 from me today. It belonged to Vishwajeet though and kudos to him for a fabulous job! 👏

PS: I am wondering about what happened to Imli's three kids that we saw in the very first episode of Maryaada. Granted managing kids on a set is tough but showing them or at the very least mentioning them every so often is needed. Also...what happened to Imli's pregnancy? The story has progressed at least 2 months in "story time" and no news of it at all.
😳
Edited by darlunia - 13 years ago
Started with the continuation of priya-brahma's yest. convo. Now i'm sure that he is just scaring priya. At the breakfast table, brahma arrives and imli is asked to make prathaas and laasi for him, before going she asks vidya to accompany her, Why? She is the maid, she has to work alone, and how can she ask a family member to do work for her, And her sarcastic dialogue today also😡 Hope vidya didn't listen to it. Vidya refuses to accompany and sees here and there and move backwards(weird again) She ends up to priya, who is all confused and asks vidya to go get tara, both have a small convo asking each other to get the girl😆 But priya wins. Back in her room she tries to call her father but his cell phone is either switched off or unreachable, Adi comes out of the washroom and calms her down taking her downstairs.
Where vidya is banging the door of tara's room, joined by aditya, then uttara then devyani, then the rest of the family😆 Finally the annoying kid opens up the door wearing her school uniform with her bag and full attitude😛 Uttara is glad+confused to see her and comes near her, and again she talks badly and asks her to stay away. She refuses to listen to anyone and demands that she wants to go back to the hostel whether anyone drops her or not, she says she can go by herself(Give some sensible dialogues to her, she is just a small kid, she doesn't even know the roads of the city then how can she go by herself!)😆  At one Call of brahma she is scared and she stops right there😛 Both have a tight competition, brahma Challenges her to move an inch outside the house😆 And she goes back(wow) And uttara mumbling at her door and with brahma(same old mad mission of her) Now this is kinda annoying. Brahma is very good in this scene yet again, The way he makes uttara understand things is awesome(the guy has a power over words)👏

After everyone leaves brahma asks priya about her dad being alright or not, where she lies that she has spoke to him and he is fine and says that she knows that brahma is trying to scare her by doing this and she won't stop or get scared by this (now I'm again confused, has he really abducted pradhan or what?) He metions again and again that she should check on his father or if he would be in her place he would get all information, Imli comes in the middle and tells that everyone is waiting on dinner table where he leaves with the sarcastic dialogue, Gotta admit that vishwajeet is making us hate character more and more, his acting is fantastic👏
Back to the breakfast table, the whole episode was revolving around the breakfast Everyone is eating except uttara and dev request to eat for her, without eating she gets up and goes into her room, this uttara-tara story needs to hurry i can't see this rona dhona track for long. Priya is serving tea to everyone all lost in her thoughts. Brahma is mentally torturing my poor priya, he every time takes advantage in front of everyone😡. When pouring tea into adi's cup she gets flashbacks of her convo with brahma and burns her hand, Everyone gets worried except brahma and imli, (they are definitely connected to each other, both are equally devilish😡) Why can't imli stop commenting on priya gaining everyone's attention by her deeds, enough is enough! Stop this imli shit now..! She will turn vidya against priya for sure by saying negative to her all the time😡
Bedroom scene, all from yest's precap, nothing important. Kinda boring scene😕
Precap for tomorrow😡 CV's where are your brains in the storyline of vidya, why is always taking help from imli, she herself is giving chance to imli to speak in b/w the family.
Overall a 3.5/5 episode for me. Too many ups and downs

P.S: jaya I can open the thread tomorrow.🤗

Edited by amnaM - 13 years ago
Hmm..was a filler episode/..😳
Highlights:
- Tara's drama to go to hostel but SSP warns making her go back.This kid needs to cool down..
- Priya getting tensed what happened to her father n SSP's blackmailing..serious doubt what is Chinnu doing,,its his father too doesn't he keep track on his father's whereabout's?🤔
Precap:Vidya thinking to get a duplicate key for locker with imli's help..?This wasn't what we were asking dear CV"s when we said about moving the track of GauYa..😡
Happy Mahashivaratri :)
Good wishes..
🤗
Sri:-)
Originally posted by darlunia

PS: I am wondering about what happened to Imli's three kids that we saw in the very first episode of Maryaada. Granted managing kids on a set is tough but showing them or at the very least mentioning them every so often is needed. Also...what happened to Imli's pregnancy? The story has progressed at least 2 months in "story time" and no news of it at all.
😳

I'm also thinking of the same jaya, where did the kids go, showing them is not necessary but they should mention them once in a week. Imli's everything is supposed to be a mystery and now her pregnancy too😛
Originally posted by sri_4

Precap:Vidya thinking to get a duplicate key for locker with imli's help..?This wasn't what we were asking dear CV"s when we said about moving the track of GauYa..😡
Happy Mahashivaratri :)
Good wishes..
🤗
Sri:-)

Happy mahashivratri To you too sri😊
The cv's should at least put some brains in the character of vidya, she acts so dumb, a village girl is seede saadhi, but this is the extreme of bholapun! No girl nowadays is like that, doesn't matter from where she is..!

Amna...enjoyed reading your take. Cool...glad you can open tomorrow. 😊

Sri
...Hiya chica!
Happy Maha Shivratri to you too!
aaj main kuch nahi likhunga/gi...

SMILE 😃

🤣
Originally posted by tvdekha

aaj main kuch nahi likhunga/gi...

SMILE 😃

🤣

sabke hisse ka meine joh likh diya🤣🤣

ga/gi ka kya matlab??🤣🤣

Exactly Amna...why this gender confusion tvdekha?🤣 Was the episode so bad or so good for you? 😆