K-serial mania..... - Page 2

Posted: 18 years ago
god help u ..candy πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰
Originally posted by hazelgirl

well....the K-serials mainly as well as some serials are complately logicless and baseless but still ppl watch them..

ppl critisize them but at the end they sit down to watch...

so...what r ur views on it?i mean yy do u think ppl still watch the logicless serials.............

ur views plsπŸ˜› πŸ˜›

πŸ‘

your observations are spot on, the reason i believe is that after going home from work, people want to relax and hence proflieration of K serials, i would like to go one step ahead and state that K serials are criminal waste of time, money and scare resources, if and only if people used this time to do watch some constructive, our country's GDP would increase by atleast 1%.

Edited by Willows - 18 years ago
I totally agree and believe with the authour, not only K serial are illogical, i would say it is a joke on human intellegence, no person would average intellegience would in his normal sense appreciate such kind of serials.

the problem is people do not have much choice nowadays all the TV channels have been hijacked with such meaningless and totally wrong display of our indian culture.

the only way out is we stop seeing it, for it is only we who have made the TRPS of these serials soaring and only we can make them nosedive.
Let us look at the positive aspect

There are several other channels who dont air Ekta Kapoor serials, like NDTV, FOX, CNN and BBC, Discovery channel. I dont like to watch these, I am fed up of listenening to horrible happenings everywhere. I want to escape this for atleast an hour, and I dont see it as wasting my time.
India is earning a lot on money in taxes by having these channels, and the success of these channels helps the economy. Ekta Kapoor has provided several people jobs and her stock is pretty good to own as well. She was enterprising and put her self to work and created a great business.

Originally posted by Rindam

K-movies, whose K-moviesπŸ˜†
Just my opinion πŸ˜† huni,

Ekta's movies, never watched any
Karan Johar, a lot of mushy romance and drama, I like some moments in the movies but not the whole movie
Rakesh Roshan (the older gen K man)- Well Koi Mil Gaya I liked Hrithik

I think the K movies are OK to watch but not great like Sholay, original and fantastic entertainment value.
I think none of the K movies can match DDLJ in entertainment value either, they just copied Adi Chopra.

I really like the Dilwalai Dhulhania Layjayn Gai movie too!

It was fantastic nothing compared to the K movies. But Kal Ho Naa Ho was a really good movie, so was Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum

I agree that at times k-serials are illogical.

However, people are still hooked on 'em. Why? Because these seials provide light entertainment for people. At least for some time, people can forget the worries and tensions of real life.

Also, by the very nature of human beings, we form bonds easily, even with fictional characters. No wonder how bad the drama becomes, for example kyunki saas..., most people still watch it.
Originally posted by hazelgirl

well....the K-serials mainly as well as some serials are complately logicless and baseless but still ppl watch them..

ppl critisize them but at the end they sit down to watch...

so...what r ur views on it?i mean yy do u think ppl still watch the logicless serials.............

ur views plsπŸ˜› πŸ˜›

Actuly ye 'serials' kya hey............πŸ˜‰

yeh serials woh hai jo log pagalon ki tarah dekhte hai aur aapna valuable time waste karte hai πŸ˜†
i guess its a matter of "beggars can't be choosers"...

i mean poor auntyjies, dadijies,.....evn they get bored of wtchng ths kekta krap, but then....they don't hfe ne options, yaar....

i think almost all the channels do hfe atleast one ekta kapoor show......(n' gawd! evn MTV hd strtd a balagi soap....thnk God its over...)

so itz like jab tak aunties ka patience rahega....ekta aunty ka bi naam rahega!!! 😊
Originally posted by Rindam

Honestly I dont like reality based shows, I just find it strange. If a serial was realsitic, depends how much realisim I would be able to enjoy, I like good doses of romance how ever strange the scenes might end up being.
Why are Yash Chopra movies any less illogical, the heroine has to dance in white in a green field and the hero falls in love, the hero and the heroine enjoy the color blue and they know they are made for each other.

Yeah there are many instances when Ekta and her team create bizzareness that boggles me, nevertheless, I still watch. When I can watch Amitabh Bachchan trash 20 people with one finger and a South Indian hero who I am not naming here, catch a bullet between his teeth and whistle it back to the villain by paying for the tickets then why not brainless Nanda parivar eating parathas or Viranis in and out of jail for murder, and Sujal Garewal's love in and out of marraige with several people and well Prerna Bajaj/Basu and then again swinging the pendulum back and forth. And we are made to believe all these people have true love, takes them a few episodes for a divorce. Telepathy is another concept oft in use.

Despite all this I want Kavya and Anjali in Kavyanjali to be together no matter how rotten of a husband he has been in the past, they are meant to be together, they are a hot jodi. I mean we all know in reality no one would go back but its a serial. In the Virani family we all know the cops in India are useless many a time but not as useless as ManSingh Chauhan who is solely dependant on Tulsi Maiyya's abilities to find the killer.

Now all this apart I watch for the Indian faces I get to watch on TV wearing lovely sarees, I dont know that much Hindi would have forgotten it by now if not for TV. The music in between, festivities. I watch Hindi movies for the same reason, for some brainless fun. and of course the actors, I love Ejoo Khan and Hiten Tejwani despite all their dramatics. I never watched Iqbal Khan that much but his voice is rocking. I would love to watch all these folks everyday, why not, relax while you are cooking or cleaning.

πŸ‘ Ditto!!! Though I am not into TV since last 2-3 years, Hindi or non Hindi, but agree with Rindam.

Not sure about people, but i really want to see some brainless fun after tired day. Reality show makes me more tired if I have to watch them at end of the day. Reality is there around me all the time, and sometime these senseless show seem to make ur fantacy right in front of you....!!