Shakti loves 'Tarak Mehta..'

Armu4eva Coolbie
Armu4eva
Armu4eva

** Super Coolbie **

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 6:17am | IP Logged
Shakti all set for acting debut
Buzz up!

Shakti Mohan, winner of Dance India Dance 2, who had a blink-and-miss performance in the title song Tees Maar Khan, is all set to make her acting debut with Dil, Dosti, Dance on Channel V.

Shakti says she loves the role as she identifies with her character Kria in many ways. Shakti explains, "It is a dance based show and Kria is similar to me. She is a college girl who is passionate about dance, loves hanging out and having a good time with her friends. Even her dressing style is similar to mine. The production team wanted me to grow my hair for the role but I didn't want to and managed to convince them to let me keep my hair short."

Dil, Dosti, Dance will be like a reunion for Shakti as some of the co-contestants from Dance India Dance are her co-stars in the show. Kunwar Amar plays her love interest while Alisha plays her best friend. Shakti says, "It is wonderful to be back with Amar as our performances together on Dance India Dance were quite a hit. It is nice to be with Alisha too. None of us have faced the camera as actors, so this is a new experience for all of us. Our directors conducted some acting workshops. However, the dancing part comes naturally to us and our choreographer Rakha is great at his job."

Speaking about her favourites on TV Shakti smiles, "I love watching Tarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah and catch up with it whenever I have the time. Dayaben (Disha Wakani) is my favourite actress as I love her style and acting."

Shakti's performance in the promotional video of Tees Maar Khan's title song went unnoticed but is she planning to make a full fledged acting debut in movies? She replies, "I am waiting for the right offer. If I get something interesting, I will definitely take it up."

On a parting note, Shakti affirms, "Our show is unlike the usual fare on TV. It is young and different with the right mix of dance and drama. I hope my fans like it and appreciate my acting as much as they loved my dance."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ishan.

-Vrinda- IF-Sizzlerz
-Vrinda-
-Vrinda-

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 6:24am | IP Logged
thnx

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top