Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Hope-- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Kools:

Mogga Congrats and this thread is well deserved for your perserverance and dedication in keeping all entertained even when the CVs are dishing out drivel. 

Shradda ni tujha saati hya thread kela mala khup bara vatla.  thread pan chan ahe anni mulgi pan chan aha (manjhe shraddaπŸ˜ƒ)

Shradda thanks from all of us who are as avid readers of Kools commentary and also friends of the author.  Good job and god bless.

Comments on today's show in brief:

Moments of joy
  • was thrilled to see a mother defend her cub in such a fieresome and vigorous manner. a treat in itself. I tried to ignore the fact that the son was undeserving of the love and loyalty in the present circumstance. Also the joy of his innocence was overshadowed by the frustration at his loyal stupidity. loved how she
  • she called the guy a sabse badha gutter. 🀣  OMG it has been a long time since I have seen a proper street fight mumbai style. Go  Savita Go. you have our blessings.  We are all hoping that CVs give Rasika and Damodhar the senility they planned for you.
  • her disowning Manav and pretty much ignoring him and regaining her fragile control as she walked away.  I was almost tempted to give this lady a standing ovation for all the above and even nominate her star of the day.
  • she is a very irrational and overbearing MIL but a very protective and tough love mother.πŸ‘.  
  • total absence of dimwit damo in the entire episode
  • total absence of  sahara type comments. I was going to choke with all the free love between these two.
Moments of satisfaction
  • vandu standing up to rasika on any issue in a very firm manner. 
  • varsha telling her sister how to maintain blood relationships in good faith. Man to bad the CVs did not have her say that to Manav.  Maybe Vandita can say it to him tomorrow now that she grew a pair.
Moments of surprise

• The slap.  I understand why Ajit did what he did but he was still wrong he should have walked away - afraid that the next scene will be him visting a gambling den or a booze shop to relieve his frustration. Seems like the brave Vandu will be returnign to maayka shortly. I think if Ajit deteriorates I will support her decision. If he is genuinely apologetic then she should not let this one pass. Make him repent with subtle cold shoulder treatment. 
  • Archana's surprise that the OTHER OLDER tai felt upset becasue the the littlest tai hid the truth from all and sundry on oldest tai's advice.  Archana's expression looked like OMG I didn't think you would care to know? hmmmmm  Archu is the wisest CVs we can see this so clearly.   I do a humble pranam to you for creating such an inspirational figure.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Moments of sadness
  • A mother telling her son she stood in the crowd not knowing if she had his permission to meddle in his life, to defend him.  She did not know if his life was her business anymore.  Hmm.  Are these really middle class close knit family values that the CVs are giving a traditional middle class man like Manav?  Hmm the CVs are not middleclass it seems or they would have known that this permission vermission business is not typical in the setting that Manav is in.
Hope that:

• she continues to give Manav AND DAMODHAR the silent treatment while in her full senses

Did I miss anything?

HopeπŸ˜ƒπŸ€—

Edited by --Hope-- - 13 years ago
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Congratulations!πŸ‘ Liked reading those hilarious commentaries!
Not_a_fan thumbnail
Originally posted by: koolsadhu1000

Savita Loves Manav unconditionally .Unconditional Love is VERY hard to come by . Mothers survive for just so much time on the earth . This mother LOST one child already and saw horrible torture of another { vandu ] . BAS HUA . AUR SUFFER mAT KARAO . Manav shud take it upon himself to give her happiness . She loves him so much that she WILL come around and accept archana . She who was not ready to see their faces started going to their chawl room , talking to them . She started visiting Karanjkars even to pay respects in sickness . Why wont she accept Achana ? Of course she will .

Her PAST HISTORY shows that after initial gruffness she DOES come around .........She HAS accepted Archana before . So Why not now ? Just give her some TIME .........dont hold her at GUNPOINT like this .Or she may crack or die . She is an enotionally volatile person ......Manav KNOWS this .Yet he is playing GAMES with her to bring her to her knees .

That is exactly what I think. Do not hold the woman at gunpoint and force to accept her DIL. She will never be happy about it and resent the fact that she had  to accept Archana. Let her do it in her own time and she will, I think. After all, hasn't she accepted, even loved and supported Archana once before. But in the meantime, let her still be a mother to Manav whom she does love despite her gruffness and his present emotional detachment. She will be a MIL, still gruff but hopefully kind, to Archana someday. But not if Manav stops being her son, then there is no question of Archu being her DIL, is there?
putturani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kool, your commentary is the highlight of my Indian forums experience. I love the way you write such a balanced commentary.I may not aways agree with you but I can always see where you're coming from. Haha actually the only reason I read PR update is to later compare with your commentary.
I wish I could take an optimistic view of Ajit's character like you have but I have ZERO faith in the CVs and I feel they will make him bad to bloster baba Manav. Oh and loved Savita today.
toothbrush13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, congrats Kool!  πŸ€—  I can't believe it has been an entire year since you started!  It feels like just yesterday we were discussing Insaaniyat Baba and writing poems in Fifi's thread.

Whether I make my presence noted or not, I do still read the commentary every time you post it.  The colors, the bolded font, the straightfoward words, and the tangents of humor are unforgettably distinct.  Awesome job keeping up with the commentary!
priya_sparsha thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
After reading few posts here about Archu. I want to share this with you guys.

Archu doesnt need Manav's assurance to convince savita. Her love has capacity to change savita's heart. If she had changed savita during 3-month stay, then why do you guys think that archu should be supported here? She is strong enough to fight by good. She's not a baby or immature like varsha where manav has to tell his mom that we are a PACKAGE. Archu has lot of potential and I would love it only if she takes the initiative and solve this problem. Problem will never get solved unless the affected people work together. Manav has nothing to do with this problem. As a Son and Husband, he has every right to protect his mother and wife but when it comes to problems like this, there's no end to it.

I hope by stating my opinion, I have not hurt archu fans.
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Happy Anniversary Kool!!

I knew Savita would be the perfect one to put those chawl cats to their place and she did not disappoint, she shut them up in no time. Bravo Savita!!

Manav should feel guilty for what he said to his mother, but he is not completely wrong in what he said. I know he is expecting a lot of his mother to accept Archana, but I think he would accept if Savita could just be civil to Archana instead of constantly putting her down. Lets face it, Manav has tolerated a lot of what Savita has done to Archana. There comes a time where a person reaches their limit, he has tried talking to Savita but she is too stubborn to listen. Maybe Sulochana can get through to her, it wasn't that long ago she was angry with Manav and Archana, perhaps Sulochana will be able to get through to her. I don't expect Savita to worship Archana nor should she have to, but at least stop calling her names and wishing she would die. That is just harsh. 

I understand Ajit is frustrated but I am still upset with him slapping Vandu. I was so proud of Vandu today for finding her voice and fighting back against Rasika. Rasika is always insulting Vandu and her family and today Vandu reached her limit and just couldn't take it anymore, good for her! I hope to see more of Vandu being strong and not tolerating Rasika, after everything she has been through, she shouldn't have to tolerate Rasika's insults.

Varsha handled Vaishali wonderfully today, Vaishali is wrong to not tell Varsha what has happened between her and Dharmesh, and I am glad she has realized her mistake. I look forward to tommorow's episode, I want to see what Varsha does next because I doubt she will keep quiet and let Dharmesh get away with this.
Edited by bollywoodcrazed - 13 years ago
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Kalapi, of course girls should be accepted and welcomed as Goddess Lakshmi when they come home after marriage. And that how it is in normal cases. But this situation in not normal in any way, is it? Savita was readying to welcome Shravani as her bahu with Manav's agreement, willing or not-he did agree and in fact, insist on it.

See I don't want girls to be treated as Lakshmi or for taht matter as any goddness as doing so insatnt attached a condition to her status...she is expectected to bring goodluck and fortune or conform to the tradition of the family right? I rather want her to be treated as equal and made a partner to the family...so that she is equal in all respected...not given a pedestrial and then pull are down as people pleases...I hope u see my point...

He then eloped from the mandap with the girl who has so much history with her family. The girl in question here is a very good girl, which made Savita herself change her attitude towards Archana earlier. But Archana keeps waltzing in and out of her family's lives on manav's whim.

Isn't that the mark of a true Indian wife...to follow husband without question...I don;'t agree...but this is what the serial always implies...in the most weirdest of ways, if u ask meπŸ˜†

And even indirectly, in a round-about way, she was the cause of her son's death.

But they did accept her then after sachin death, right...they begged her to stay married....CV killed it for TRPS and the huge Viewers CRY then followed πŸ˜†

So, do you think it is natural for a parent to immediately accept and welcome such a girl with so much baggage as her DIL? Even without any past history, I know parents will not immediately accept marriages without their knowledge/consent. Manav is equally at fault here, maybe more, but a mother cannot hate her son right? She will look for the next best thing to blame-again Im not saying she is right, but isnt it natural in this particular case?

See again Savita did accept Archu before...then Archu did the aarti....and of course the Mahabharat followed...Savita rather was angry that Manav eloped from Mandap...bless him...made for such a hilarious episodeπŸ˜† About Mother's can't hate sons....maybe they will not hate son/daughter but sure can do strangest of things for personal gains...I am sure it sounds strange right...I will tell u the story of my dad....My dad.(bless the gut of this man)...was thrown out by is elder brother as he didn't wanted to give him share to property that half belong to him. My grandmother (may her soul rest in peace) didnot do a thing nor support my dad during this time. My dad took me mom and bro out of the house...we were little and had to take shelter with Mom's parent...slow my dad built an empire (literally, bless him) and of course things did a 360 from that point. A story in nutshelll....to me Moms can also be selfish sometime too....I know I will get rotten eggs for saying this...deep down we all come with conditions....some may not be that apparent thats all....and I being a mom accept it too...

And Manav protecting his wife from his mother's abuse is commendable and is the right thing to do. He definitely should not move back in with the Deshmukhs until his mom welcomes Archana as well. But if he wants relations with his mother in the interim, should he not try to placate her? If he doesnt want to maintain relations with his mother, that's a different thing altogether. But he's not willing to compromise an inch-his mother seems to be willing to compromise. She visited him at his home where he lived with his wife, didn't she? Why cant he visit her without his wife?

Not sure vissiting without wife is acceptable...I think after my marriage I am packaged with my hubby...I couldn't want my in-laws to get wrong messages or my husband to belittle me in front of in-laws...its a dangerous thing to do according to me

Doesnt he have an identity, a responsibilty apart from Archana's husband?

Yes and No...can't to something that belittles the other half....I wouldn't accept it...I guess I have a huge ego...what to do  πŸ˜†

And thrusting Archana and her goodness in Savita's face all the time is not working, he should know enough to understand it by now.

surely he lacked tact ...no son shoiuld do that if he wants peace in the house applicable for both relations....in my opinion  πŸ˜†

So shouldn't he try to do it independently. Like Jaishanker said, first he should repair his own relation with his mom for which his mom is definitely ready. Then he can convince her about Archana.

As I said....I will be really mad if my husband did that...it a question about respecting all relation....must say because of these complex issues Bahus and MIL relations are a challenge....and many sons find it extremely hard to balance...πŸ˜ƒ
[/QUOTE]
Kalapi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sowmya_jairam

I think time, understanding is needed for both....everyone need to calm down....I think I can see Manav point of view too...it is hard to be cordial towards a dear relationship when that same dear relationship isn't understanding his love and accepting it...it becomes very painful and an ego/stubborn issue....isn't like a little boy needing a little encouragement appreciation from a dear one...but is getting none....it then becomes a ego issue....and people get blinded by it...it takes a long time to heal them...because no one is ready to compro in this situation...as is alll

Claire0206 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Kool Di Superb commentary and thank you for  the same. 

Congratulations for completing 1 year.  I was a silent reader for  a long time , I joined the  forum coz when ever i read your comments i wanted  to press the like button and i was not able to do so.  I don't get to comment often as I read your commentary in my  office but I don't  leave the office before  reading your  daily commentary. 

Di , if there are some who think your comments are biased there are lot of others including myself  who know that  you comment on day to day basis as the episode is shown . I sometimes take  your  comments as advice when faced with similar situations.

Thank you  Kool Di and May God Bless you abundantly.