India-Forums

Sasural Genda Phool
Sasural Genda Phool

suhana's corner is remarriage necessary

kris_patel125 Senior Member
kris_patel125
kris_patel125

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 11:48am | IP Logged
http://starplus.startv.in/show/sasural-genda-phool-suhana's-corner-is-remarriage-necessary/news19_1402.aspx

Hi everyone, this week was an eye opener for me and forced me to think about certain things in life, that never crossed my mind.

STARONE.IN

Daadi wants dad to remarry, as she feels he needs someone in his life but I don't see any reason why dad would want to marry again. Dad too got angry with Shanti daadi regarding the topic of his marriage. He told her that he loved mom even today and nobody can replace her.

We had lots of discussion on the topic which refreshed all memories of my mom. It is really painful to miss the one you love a lot. I told Ishaan about my mom, stories of how she cared about us, taught us about life, and even how we fought. I realized that Ishaan is lucky to have such a loving family around him. I am glad too, that I am part of that family but I miss my mom a lot as well.

On the other hand, everyone at home is trying to coax Panna didi to come home. Radha bua feels Panna didi won't come to stay with us, as she is a strong woman like her mother Badi maa and will follow in her footsteps, by taking care of her in-laws. We are all very worried about Panna didi and Inder bhaiya was nearly in tears when he spoke of her plight. When Panna didi came to meet us, we all tried talking her into staying with us but she stuck to her stand and refused Badi Maa's suggestion to come stay with us. Panna didi wants to be in her husband's home and take care of her in-laws. She is right in her stand and so are we in our concern for her. It is a huge dilemma. Now Inder bhaiya has filed a police complaint and given an ad in the papers asking BIL to return. I hope he does and soon.

Meanwhile, at my home, Sanjana was furious with daadi and she called to tell me about Shanti daadi's plan regarding dad's marriage. Daadi, it seems, hasn't let go of the topic of his marriage. She even brought a prospective marriage alliance for dad. I was shocked, angry and very irritated with daadi. Even dad wasn't aware of her plans and was confused to see the lady at home. I got real furious then and couldn't stop yelling at daadi.

Shanti Daadi tried convincing me and Sanjana for dad's marriage. After a point, whatever she said began to make sense. She emphasized that she can't come and live with dad every now and then. Dad took good care of us after mom. He thought of our happiness and dreams, put our wishes before his dreams and desires in life. When daadi pointed out that dad had sacrificed his life for us kids, and didn't get a souteli maa for us- I felt what she said was all true. I, too, wonder about dad and who will take care of him, after Sanjana is married. Like daadi said, he will be left all alone in the house. But then dad claimed he can take care of himself, which I felt was correct too. He has always been very happy, self sufficient and I have never seen him sad. I agree with daadi that we should think about our parents and take care of them when they grow old but is remarriage the answer?

I am having conflicting thoughts. I feel guilty and wonder what if all that daadi said is actually true and dad really needs a companion in life. Perhaps he gets lonely now and then and he will get older with time.

Later, when I returned home, Disha didi told us about the principal at her school, who was getting married again. She isn't young but over 50 years old. Disha told me that she doesn't want to be alone and have someone with her at this juncture in life. I guess, parents' lives revolve around kids when they are younger but later when the kids fly the nest, the parents need a reason to live, to share their lives with someone, so a friend, a companion, a life partner is needed. I kept thinking about all these topics.

I still don't understand why would dad would like to remarry at this an age. Is there an age for marriage? Should I agree with daadi and get dad re married? Even Sanjana feels daadi is making sense. Does Sanjana understand dad better than me?

Please send in suggestions. Do write to me at suhana@starplus.in and don't forget to watch Sasural Genda Phool every Monday to Friday at 7.30 pm only on STAR Plus.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top