India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

has anyone noticed..

virgo13 Newbie
virgo13
virgo13

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 9:35am | IP Logged
..how these shows start off with a great social theme, yet in a couple of years degenerate into a typical masala love triangle. Uttaran too started off as something unique and different, and look where it is now. I see BV going the same way.
When will our producers/CVs be brave enough to just end a show when it has delivered it's message? Too much to hope for in this world of TRPs.

Edited by virgo13 - 01 March 2011 at 9:34am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ushakiran patelprattspallairamita_nayalTeeya

Neha_K IF-Sizzlerz
Neha_K
Neha_K

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged
the concept of love triangle is same but it still appears different from the crowd...... yeah... that's true that now there's more drama than reality check.... but now they getting back to the track, n that love triangle is shown as ill-effect of child marriage, that what if when spouse changes his thought n ideology when he/she grows up!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

lrl fanbig_vikrant_fanfiddu-bPirated_Fun

virgo13 Newbie
virgo13
virgo13

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Yep, there is some social message still, but I fear it may get lost and the whole thing will be just another pati-patni-woh thing.
Don't get me wrong, I like BV, but there was a time when watching the show would move me to tears (remember choti anandi and the kothri, sugna reacting to pratap's death, gehna's post-marriage ordeal?). It just does not strike an emotional chord like that anymore.

Edited by virgo13 - 01 March 2011 at 10:33am
Neha_K IF-Sizzlerz
Neha_K
Neha_K

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
just bcuz of high voltage drama after leap......
but this love triangle wud be interesting to watch unlike other daily soaps, trust me.....!
it's just starting.... just wait to watch anandi n gauri's reaction on jagya's reality..... it's the only thrilling pillar left!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lotus8fiddu-bammoos

atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
I feel the same sometimes.... BV is still better than most though, at least it raises some issues.... I just feel confused about their messages... The day to day messages are very progressive-- say no to child marriage, educate girls, marital rape is bad, etc etc, but when you look at what happens in the serial long term, they have disappointed me every time ! Gehna's marital rape was basically swept under the carpet, Anandi's education was forgotten (its come back recently but all those years when she was a child....), the child marriage was shown as romantic, I don't even know what the point of the Teepri track or shooting track was, and now who knows what they will do with this track ! Oh well, may be this time they will make it sensible, but it does feel like the Pati Patni aur Woh type eighties movie at the moment.Confused

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

virgo13lotus8divmathpjyoammoos

Neha_K IF-Sizzlerz
Neha_K
Neha_K

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:48am | IP Logged
Atleast Bhairon maintained his loyality towards his wife.... but there wasn't any hope about jagya to do so.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

fiddu-b

atria Goldie
atria
atria

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 10:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neha_K

Atleast Bhairon maintained his loyality towards his wife.... but there wasn't any hope about jagya to do so.....
Well I suppose if Jagya had maintained his loyalty then the show would be over.... They had to show something dramatic !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

divmath

pjyo IF-Dazzler
pjyo
pjyo

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 11:04am | IP Logged
BV is still better than most of the stuff i watch on tv, which other serial  even talks about  socially relevant issues child marriage , need for education ,alcoholism ,they even talked about premarital sex ,marital rape and impotence -which other serial would even raise these issues ..
Its another thing that most  of these issues are not followed to a positive conclusion as  the CVs jump to the next issue .Now its all about jagya finding a new girl and abandoning anandi, hope the CVs show anandi focusing on education Thumbs Uprather than crying over jagya who at this moment doesn't care even if anandi drowns in her own tears... Ermm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

fiddu-bdivmathatriaammoos

Go to top