India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Auspicious day of Shivaratri

triasha IF-Rockerz
triasha
triasha

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:25am | IP Logged
got the good news so chali ayi ...Big smile.............i have listened to many stories on SHIVARATRI..........FROM MY GRAND MOM.................AND wen in this ShivAratri sumthing grtttttttttt gonna happen in our TASHA'S LYF....Heart.........SO DEDICATING THIS FOR THEM............sharing all my heard stories wid u all..............humare yahan pe sab aurat shivratri rakhte hai they bliv god gives lots of blessings...........and lambi umar to the husbands..............and to unmarried pple........he blesses u wid a good husband.............so starting the stories here.....Hug........hope u all will lyk it.....Smile..........

sharing wid u all the story of CHITRABHANU.............

In the Shanti Parva of the Mahabharata, Bhishma, whilst resting on the bed of arrows and discoursing on Dharma, refers to the observance of Maha Shivaratri by King Chitrabhanu. The story goes as follows.

Once upon a time, King Chitrabhanu of the Ikshvaku dynasty, who ruled over the whole of Jambudvipa, was observing a fast with his wife ' it being the day of Mahashivratri. The sage Ashtavakra came on a visit to the court of the king.

The sage asked, "O king! Why are you observing a fast today?"

King Chitrabhanu explained why. He had the gift of remembering the incidents of his previous birth.

The king said to the sage: "In my past birth, I was a hunter in Varanasi. My name was Suswara. My livelihood was to kill and sell birds and animals. One day, I was roaming the forests in search of animals. I was overtaken by the darkness of night. Unable to return home, I climbed a tree for shelter. It happened to be a bael tree. I had shot a deer that day, but I had no time to take it home. I bundled it up and tied it to a branch on the tree. As I was tormented by hunger and thirst, I kept awake throughout the night. I shed profuse tears when I thought of my poor wife and children who were starving and anxiously awaiting my return. To pass away the time that night, I engaged myself in plucking the bael leaves and dropping them down onto the ground.

"The day dawned. I returned home and sold the deer. I bought some food for myself and for my family. I was about to break my fast when a stranger came to me, begging for food. I served him first, and then took my food.

"At the time of death, I saw two messengers of Lord Shiva. They were sent down to conduct my soul to the abode of Lord Shiva. I learned, then, for the first time, of the great merit I had earned by the unconscious worship of Lord Shiva during the night of Shivratri. They told me that there was a Lingam at the bottom of the tree. The leaves I dropped fell on the Lingam. My tears, which I had shed out of pure sorrow for my family, fell onto the Lingam and washed it. I had fasted all day and all night; thus, unconsciously worshipped the Lord.

"I lived in the abode of the Lord and enjoyed divine bliss for long ages. I am now reborn as Chitrabhanu." I have now realized about the infinite love and compassion of Lord Shiva. Even unconscious acts of goodness are blessed in such a way, then what to talk of our conscious acts of expressing our love, respect, and reverence for Lord Shiva. He is, indeed, Ashutosh  one who gets pleased very soon. Lord Shiva is, indeed, an embodiment of infinite love, love, and compassion that is why he is so easy to please. He showers us with his blessings at every moment of our lives; may we all devote this day of Mahashivratri to express our gratitude unto his feet. It is a very auspicious day.

A VERY HAPPY SHIVARATRI to u all..............lots of love........Heart

Edited by triasha - 01 March 2011 at 3:28am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

Only4Dilisharchanadamaniashipsdivya17-7sasha_1mnx12mozart66Pooja_219.iridescence.meghaparti--khushi----Sia--Hamlet53AreYaar

Pooja_219 IF-Dazzler
Pooja_219
Pooja_219

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Hey Triasha,
Thanks for this beautiful story.
U reminded me of my childhood days when my grandpa used to tell me this story.It was almost a ritual for me to hear it on every shivratri.

PoojaSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

triasha

triasha IF-Rockerz
triasha
triasha

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by preety_219

Hey Triasha,
Thanks for this beautiful story.
U reminded me of my childhood days when my grandpa used to tell me this story.It was almost a ritual for me to hear it on every shivratri.

PoojaSmile
awwwwww.........pooja ur welcum dear..........i remembered my childhood days so thot of sharing wid u all.........Hug

Pooja_219

Chinu2004 Senior Member
Chinu2004
Chinu2004

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:46am | IP Logged
nice stories.....incidently shiv ratri is the day when shiv parvati got married in the presence of all the gods and merged into each other...this new avatar was called ardhnarishwar and parvati was called the ardhagani of shiv meaning aadha ang....i wish our cvs were pointing to something similar with that ardhangini dialogue by dutta

Edited by Chinu2004 - 01 March 2011 at 3:48am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooja_219sub_rosatriashajagrutidHamlet53

triasha IF-Rockerz
triasha
triasha

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged
ya chinu.............Hug
The divine union, which takes place when Shiva comes to meet Shakti, is Shivaratri. It represents enlightenment in absolute darkness, the evolution of creation in empty space, the manifestation of knowledge in Nirvikalpa. When the whole of Maya sleeps, this is what Sannyasins call Shivaratri. It signifies the passing of the entire universe and all worldly attachments into the unconscious state, where there is neither abode nor any sensual possibilities. This is the end of all directions into which the mind, the Sun, Moon, and Stars have all disappeared. Here, the fire of passion is extinguished and there prevails only Shoonyata. This state of consciousness is called Shiva or Shankara, the state of Siddha. But this is not the final state, the ultimate aim. Beyond Shoonyata, where everything is submerged, the universal consciousness which is Shiva, and the universal power which is Shakti, surrounded by Devas, Rakshashas, and Ghosts meet in Advait (union) Mudra in great bliss and happiness, fear and surprise on the highest summit of Mt. Kailash. Then, they return to the state of Shoonya. The last day of the dark fortnight, Shiva's marriage party will have returned to its starting place. Sages, aspirants, and devotees are all aware of his departure and accept conscious Shakti in her most illumined state.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Only4Dilishshan2430sasha_1Pooja_219Hamlet53

sub_rosa IF-Dazzler
sub_rosa
sub_rosa

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chinu2004

nice stories.....incidently shiv ratri is the day when shiv parvati got married in the presence of all the gods and merged into each other...this new avatar was called ardhnarishwar and parvati was called the ardhagani of shiv meaning aadha ang....i wish our cvs were pointing to something similar with that ardhangini dialogue by dutta

Wow...! Our CVs are very thoughtful...

jagrutid

Chinu2004 Senior Member
Chinu2004
Chinu2004

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 4:02am | IP Logged
nice one triasha......u know this couple has those qualities some what....dutta has the anger, the bholapan......and his shakti is naku...the woman who is ready to do all kinds of penance for him just like parvati was....they both complete each other so beautifully.....i wish all of us find a true soulmate like parvati found shiv.....happy shivratri to all of u

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Only4Dilishshan2430sub_rosatriasha

sasha_1 Goldie
sasha_1
sasha_1

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 4:55am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing triasha

triasha

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index