Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Upset ADI got RANVEER as rival to RANBIR

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Ranveer versus Ranbir, says Adi

Peeved by Ranbir Kapoor's refusal to do Band Baaja Baraat, Adi Chopracreated Ranveer the star

Subhash K Jha

Posted On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 at 04:35:51 AM

There is a belief among friends and well-wishers of the illustrious Yash Raj house that the banner is determined to build their newly-found blue-eyed boy Ranveer Singh as a rival, competitor and a strong alternative to Ranbir Kapoor.

It started before Band Baaja Baaraat, when Aditya Chopra invited  the hot-and-happening Ranbir Kapoor to do a film with Yash Raj that Adi thought would take Ranbir's superstardom to another level.

That role was Band Baaja Baraat, and when Ranbirin all his inherited wisdom politely declined the 'once-in-a-lifetime' offer the sensitive Adi was deeply wounded.

Says a source very close to the banner, "Adi couldn't believe Ranbir had turned down the role.

Nilesh Wairkar

It was at that point that the banner decided to create another star comparable in terms of  versatility, focus and youth appeal to Ranbir." That's how Ranveer Singh was born.

Today after Band Baaja….and Ranveer's incredible mass acceptance Aditya Chopra feels vindicated.

Says the source, "Adi had great confidence in Ranveer. That confidence has multiplied beyond all expectations.

Today Yash Raj feels they've created  Brand Ranveer to rival Brand Ranbir." Apparently Ranveer will sign no films outside the Yash Raj banner for at least the next three years.

The second Yash Raj film has already gone on the floors.

A  third film for Ranveer is already being planned. And if sources are to be believed Ranveer is also being accommodated into Dhoom 3.

Says the source, "Aditya Chopra wants to prove that Ranveer can do every kind of role. After the first two films he plans to shock audiences by bringing out a completely new facet of Ranveer's personality."

So where does all this hero-giri in the Yash Raj camp leave Ranbir Kapoor? Not quite feeling insecure, that's for sure. Friends of the megastar say he's least affected by attempts to build Brand Ranveer as a rival.

A friend of Ranbir smirks, "Ranbir comes from the cockiest school in filmdom. He knows no insecurity.

He is okay with not working with Yash Raj." Yet another actor who has worked in Yash Raj says, "To pitch Ranveer against Ranbir is doing Ranveer a disservice.

He doesn't have it in him to rival Ranbir's talent and charisma. But poor Ranveer is not being given a chance to realize it. Yash Raj is just sweeping him away into their plans."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

So now these two are official rivals I presume?😆

But really, besides BBB, what has Yash Raj really offered? Not much, and Ranbir decided to play it safe. Now BBB is a hit, but its one of those hidden commercial successes. Yash Raj Films is great at starting something but is horrible at keeping up the momentum....I hope they don't fail Ranveer and Anushka in their quest to reap profits with their next film with the two of them

That said, Ranveer is in Dhoom 3? Yipee!
sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I don't like ranbir. He is starting to get on my nerves big time.
He doesn't have it in him to rival Ranbir's talent and charisma. But poor Ranveer is not being given a chance to realize it. Yash Raj is just sweeping him away into their plans."

I read tht as 'pants'.. 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆..

they are both good actors..  they probably will be at loggerheads in the near future..
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8

So now it's Biru vs. Veeru..😆 No more Immu vs. Biru or are they too close friends for rivalry?

Honestly I think Biru could care less who he's pitched against..and I think he's more talented than Ranveer. Only working with YRF might hurt Ranveer.
anjali10 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
so far, I find Ranbir better than this Ranveer guy , there is something about Ranveer ðŸ˜•
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chocolover89

So now it's Biru vs. Veeru..😆 No more Immu vs. Biru or are they too close friends for rivalry?

😆😆 Finally a new question for Karan to ask (well somewhat....)

Aha! Deja vu. Papa ji and Beta ji were miffed with Aamir Khan for refusing Darr and vowed to make a star out of SRK. SRK got his name and fame working with YRF but for peanuts. He had to endorse anything that came his way and dance at weddings to make money. People at Yashraj's 4th floor pay zilch to the talent they discover.  

YRF is wooing Aamir Khan for a long time now and even offered a huge share in their film. Ranbir Kapoor knows what works for him. He has charisma, talent and his own production house.
Originally posted by: TheDilettante

Aha! Deja vu. Papa ji and Beta ji were miffed with Aamir Khan for refusing Darr and vowed to make a star out of SRK. SRK got his name and fame working with YRF but for peanuts. He had to endorse anything that came his way and dance at weddings to make money. People at Yashraj's 4th floor pay zilch to the talent they discover. 

Ranveer will be used and abused for three years.. poor chap..😆😆
Originally posted by: Meena1

Ranveer will be used and abused for three years.. poor chap..😆😆

ho wo toh ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi ainvayi lut gaya 😆