Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Epi Discussion Thread | 28th Feb - 4th Mar || LU Pg 115 (Page 144)

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nureat01

I agree with you....and I think in some cases, it's about the connect of the moment too....last two days I wasn't feeling it much but today was beautiful to me as well.....today's DN scenes had that trademark essence of DN with some food for thought convo, the simplicity, the innocence, a bit of a teasing edge to Dutta in some bits, the smile, the haq. Very natural and simple scenes today.....there was a sweetness in all the small gestures....Nakku's hope and eagerness while asking him if he could see her, a new sort of patience, a bit of a smile from Dutta....the bit where he firmly tells her to come and sit....the way he held her feet.....everything just flowed naturally.....even the DN feeding scene....no dialogues but such a sweet and simple bit.....I won't even mention my usual complaint about the blindness bugging me for a bit......I'll lay off the whining for nowLOL

@purple: Scratch what I said before LOL...this was the most surprising and beautiful part of the episode for me...I was honestly soooo, so pleasantly taken aback to see Dutta have such presence of mind...that he hid any disappointment that he might have felt for Nakku's sake as if he never felt it to begin with...the way he made what could have been a deflating moment for both of them into one which showed maturity, calmness, optimism and an underlying care for Nakku and how she might feel that the medicine didn't work...he pretty much bowled me over by this and I'm forced to think that he is becoming even pragmatic to some extent...someone who evaluates the situation at hand before reacting...that is SUCH an improvement for him Clap

@blue: Seeeee! Seeing HIS amazing patience gives a little lease to the one watching too, na? That is how excellently this scene was written and executed! It actually took away frustration from the blindness despite the fact that the medicine didn't make even a little bit of difference the first time it was used. Such is the power of good material and acting...it can actually revive something that was at the edge, a la Chaskar in the other case.

Edited by make-believe - 04 March 2011 at 10:02pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-sourire-sub_rosaMelodiousDreamsMrsKhanAreYaar

sinamika IF-Achieverz
sinamika
sinamika

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by kshreya2002

Coming to Kala's bhau ambitions I hope CVs get a reality check and have a new rival or Chaskar challenge Kala's rule.

Hmm they didn't showed chaskar in the meeting  does this mean he's unaware of Kala announcing herself the new maalik Because he couldn't be phiroing mara mara  doing his nautanki for nothing right afterall kala is betraying him till now she kept giving him false hope that she will make him the Don once D is out of the way this is why he's bothered about finding D even now and isn't really bothered about chanda so i hope he gets to know about Kala's Meeting and than he needs to bounce back or the men shouldn't allow Kala to take control oh what a slap it will be on kala's face they all looked sort of surprised though seeing Kala i don't know i felt they weren't really convinced with the idea and i loved how even one of the don Made fun of SUDSLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-sourire-

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Originally posted by niki11

i totally agree with you kshreya i always love your posts after ages i am enjoying this track at least daily i get some scenes which i can see again and again but must say some one up there is in love with ag as we are dished out with same boring and repitetive scenes i am sick and tired of her face now after kala seema and suds scenes dn scenes feel like a breath of fresh air

Niki, I think that's quite unfair to say, no? Smile Some of us downright adore AG's fantastic portrayal of such a layered character and all the screenspace she is given is fully utilized and actually crucial to build the story. I will entirely disagree with you that the scenes are repetitive...she was shown coercing Seema twice this week...that was needed to drive home the brain-washing. She had a scene with Baaji and Kishore, that was not repetitive at all, IMO...it was actually the MOST powerful scene the whole week dialogues and symbolism wise. Today she had two scenes with Suds and both of them brought out something new to the table re: the new ET which is very important to further the story. 

So I know that while many of you guys get frustrated with the split screenspace, it is needed and MORE than done justice to...plus, if DN are to have this 'calm' phase that most people are enjoying, it means that there has to be track movement on another end in the meanwhile, right? And that's what the Kala/Suds/Chaskar/Seema scenes are for...if we don't have scenes with them to forward the story then the whole track will be in a deadlock, there will be nothing to show.

Personally I dont find AG awesome. Having watched millions of K shows I can safely say she doesnt do anything new which millions of vamps havent done before her....makeup wise and acting wise. Vamps of yore like Komolika, Ramola, Pallavi have been there and done that and more. Only difference between Kala and them are the writers of LTL have delved a bit more into Kala's psycology which writers of K shows have mostly refrained from except maybe in Pallavi's case.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rama_2010

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:13pm | IP Logged

@purple: Scratch what I said before LOL...this was the most surprising and beautiful part of the episode for me...I was honestly soooo, so pleasantly taken aback to see Dutta have such presence of mind...that he hid any disappointment that he might have felt for Nakku's sake as if he never felt it to begin with...the way he made what could have been a deflating moment for both of them into one which showed maturity, calmness, optimism and an underlying care for Nakku and how she might feel that the medicine didn't work...he pretty much bowled me over by this and I'm forced to think that he is becoming even pragmatic to some extent...someone who evaluates the situation at hand before reacting...that is SUCH an improvement for him Clap

@blue: Seeeee! Seeing HIS amazing patience gives a little lease to the one watching too, na? That is how excellently this scene was written and executed! It actually took away frustration from the blindness despite the fact that the medicine didn't make even a little bit of difference the first time it was used. Such is the power of good material and acting...it can actually revive something that was at the edge, a la Chaskar in the other case.

WORD.....or is it that we are just so attuned to the emotions of this character....when he feels depressed, helpless....it gets to us so tangibly to the point of depressing us watching him in that state....and now when HE'S developed this calm, a surprising patience and positivity about his situation with the way he handled it more out of concern for covering up Nakku's disappointment.......somehow he passes that over to us too.....as if we are one with the emotions of the character......what amazingly powerful material and acting like you said.....and again, vintage LTL I guess.....make you reach the edge of your frustration levels and then pull you back with something amazingLOLLOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-sourire-MelodiousDreamskabeeraspeakingAyeChavanni

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:15pm | IP Logged

Exactly! The whole thing is annoying. They expect us to believe that rich and powerful men who have women at their disposal(sorry to put it crudely but its true) will be fascinated by the brains and beauty of Dutta's Tai and eat out her hands? I think this would have been a perfect time to introduce a powrful rival of Dutta's like Anna who would attempt to take over Patilwadi. That would give Kala a reality check. 

Actually, when Kala came down the stairs in her princess pink saree (LOL), I thought there was one shot where a group of the men sitting together on one side were looking at her in a sort of leechy way! Confused And that wouldn't be too far-fetched either...they're all probably those types anyways.

A new rival to give Kala a reality check sounds good, Ksh LOL But then they already have so many characters to alternate between and weave the story with...and half of them aren't even being used much. Plus if a new rival came, his battle with Kala would take on too much importance and then Kala vs. Dutta might be watered down in comparison and effect...I guess they're saving that clash as the biggest point so to make it happen, Kala's business abilities as 'Tai Saheb' are given dheel LOL

Originally posted by LuvPremeer4ever

Yes...I agree there wasn't much to do or say......precisely the reason I didn't enjoy the episode much yesterday since it was just like blahhh for me.......this coupled with the not so attractive kurta that they made him change into [ which I realized today is kinda short on him because when he sits it shifts midway up his thighs LOL ] and then the pointless Suds / Seema scene and to make things worse there wasn't even any entertainment by Chasker and fattu LOL......it was a weirdly boring episode.....but I am glad they finished off the week well with today's episode...now some promos and off screen interviews would be nice  LOL LOL

Dude, don't even mention...I was spazzing only 15 minutes ago in my head that the last segment was a week (or so?) ago! Ouch Like seriously? That too when MR and MV are shooting together! I'm crossing my fingers that it's been because of odd shoot timings due to MV's JDJ schedule and hopefully now at least we'll get to see some coverage again...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-sourire-MelodiousDreamsAreYaar

-sourire- Goldie
-sourire-
-sourire-

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:17pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by nureat01

I agree with you....and I think in some cases, it's about the connect of the moment too....last two days I wasn't feeling it much but today was beautiful to me as well.....today's DN scenes had that trademark essence of DN with some food for thought convo, the simplicity, the innocence, a bit of a teasing edge to Dutta in some bits, the smile, the haq. Very natural and simple scenes today.....there was a sweetness in all the small gestures....Nakku's hope and eagerness while asking him if he could see her, a new sort of patience, a bit of a smile from Dutta....the bit where he firmly tells her to come and sit....the way he held her feet.....everything just flowed naturally.....even the DN feeding scene....no dialogues but such a sweet and simple bit.....I won't even mention my usual complaint about the blindness bugging me for a bit......I'll lay off the whining for nowLOL

So I am re-watching this part again and I love how you both have given a whole new perspective to this scene Clap Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MelodiousDreamskabeeraspeakingAreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

Personally I dont find AG awesome. Having watched millions of K shows I can safely say she doesnt do anything new which millions of vamps havent done before her....makeup wise and acting wise. Vamps of yore like Komolika, Ramola, Pallavi have been there and done that and more. Only difference between Kala and them are the writers of LTL have delved a bit more into Kala's psycology which writers of K shows have mostly refrained from except maybe in Pallavi's case.

I've watched zillions of Kshows too and I can safely say that AG is a cut above the rest.....yes there have been iconic villains over the years in Kshows....but AG's voice modulation is on a whole another level....for that alone she deserves every award.....the basic makeup (character-wise) is the same on the generic levels but Kala has far more layers to her than the average villain.....and her reasons for taking her revenge are not so chindi as they are for most vamps.....AG brings a sort of fierce pride to Kala.....and the villains in LTL are given such charisma on paper firstly and then the actors add to that.....in the case of Kala especially, AG's tremendous screen presence goes a longgggggg way in making the character iconic to me.

If there is any other actor apart from MR in this show who has that AURA to them that every glance also becomes a STATEMENT.....it is AG.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.MelodiousDreamskabeeraspeakingincandescenceAyeChavanniMrsKhan

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Fizzylicious-

Coming to Kala's bhau ambitions I hope CVs get a reality check and have a new rival or Chaskar challenge Kala's rule.

Hmm they didn't showed chaskar in the meeting  does this mean he's unaware of Kala announcing herself the new maalik Because he couldn't be phiroing mara mara  doing his nautanki for nothing right afterall kala is betraying him till now she kept giving him false hope that she will make him the Don once D is out of the way this is why he's bothered about finding D even now and isn't really bothered about chanda so i hope he gets to know about Kala's Meeting and than he needs to bounce back or the men shouldn't allow Kala to take control oh what a slap it will be on kala's face they all looked sort of surprised though seeing Kala i don't know i felt they weren't really convinced with the idea and i loved how even one of the don Made fun of SUDSLOL

I think Chaskar stuck to Kala initially as they had a greater purpose to finish off Dutta. They new ET want that even now but they disagree on each other's methods. Kala is fortifying herself as she knows Dutta HAS to come after her one day or another...he has no choice with his family held hostage and also his reputation and ego would take a beating if he keeps quiet and lets her be.

Chaskar on the other hand would rather go abt what he started...ie finish off Dutta and then try to establish himself. He may again join hands with Kala if he feels that will help him finish off Dutta. But now I am sure both Suds and Chaskar have no illusions that Kala with let anyone else rule. Once Dutta is dealt with they have to tackle Kala next.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeakingsinamika

Go to top