Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: make-believe

Ksh, you are so hung up on Kala's make-up, kya? 😆 She has delivered some great scenes with relatively less make-up too 😆 Make or no make up or clothes or new designs isn't what creates the screen presence, it is only what adds to the 'image'...the basic skills come from her ability to show the mentally tortured side to Kala...the silent tear that escapes her eye but she brushes away...the madness when someone dares to hit her...the meethi chhurri who makes the deepest gash with a mask on her face...the nervousness when she freaks out...her tangible tension and hatred in every gesture and facial expression...I have never found even one of those shades or traits in Kala's character to be overdone...somehow they are all spot on and delivered with a CLASS that all those other 'vamps' didn't quite have...you know what, I actually think that class comes from the fact that Kala truly believes herself to be justified and right...there is a self-respect that she has for herself, a high opinion, which makes her almost elegant even in the purpose and way she goes about her plots. WORDDDDDD👏👏👏👏 You've explained it all PERFECTLY.....Kala has CLASS....just like LTL has more CLASS than the average K-soap😆....and layers....especially those varying mannerisms/aspects to her you pointed out in red.....those are like POINT ON....

(Ksh must be thinking ke yeh kin Kala fans se palla pad gaya hai 😆) Abhi toh Fivr nahin pahunchi.....we are toh NOTHING compared to her Kala fangirl-ism😆

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
@Fatty: As Anu said I have a different way of looking at things wrt Kala. Personally I feel lot of screen time is wasted on Kala which can be better utilized. I have seen better before!
Edit add: And yes I really cant argue much on Kala psychology since I dont pay attention to it all. 😆😆😆Edited by kshreya2002 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: kshreya2002

@Fatty: As Anu said I have a different way of looking at things wrt Kala. Personally I feel lot of screen time is wasted on Kala which can be better utilized. I have seen better before!

Is your issue with Kala being given screen-space in general or AG's portrayal of Kala?😆.....cuz those are two different things.....Kala will always be given screen-space since she's the primary villain.....at this point, Kala's scenes are needed for storyline movement, to set up base for the coming battle.....I don't see it as a waste of space......

Waise how else would you suggest the screen time be utilized? Please don't just say DN romance😆....cuz while that's lovely, the show can't run on just that alone....the story has to be set up as we move forward too....obstacles be created so that they can be overcome to make the story more engaging.
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Ksh, you think they should bring in those vamps to better utilize the space, kya? 😆 Because there has to be some type of villainous character to sustain the story and Kala is one hell of foil and antithesis for Dutta. 

Okay, tell me this...do you seriously feel that AG lacks in the material given to her and someone else could have done a better job than her in this role? 

Like I said...Kala is a mixture of many K villians like Komolika, Ramola etc. The manipulativeness...hunger for power...narcissm...the makeup. Personally I feel AG makeup wise was better in her initial days in LTL where she had classy makeup on. And no I am not a huge fan of either Komolika's or her makeup. Nor I am I a fan of her acting-wise. Kala has had better predecessors.

I guess we are looking at this exact statement from opposite ends 😆...while you feel ke you've been there, done that, seen that type of a thing before and it's nothing new, me and Anu are saying that Kala as a culmination even of those characters is a 'superior' and more evolved version 😆

Chalo, Kala ko choddo...sab ke favourite Suds ki baat karte hain 😆😛
Edited by make-believe - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Haayeeeeeeee Suds! *swoons*🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Today toh was EPIC besti day for Suds....KOI aukaat nahin hai is bande ki sach mein😆

Someone made a spoofy pic on him the other day.....was it you, LuvPremeer?? That was hilariousssssssss🤣🤣🤣
AreYaar thumbnail
And just on a different note......sabki fav. Komolika mai and her PHAMOUS bg music :P

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYKUc68cCk8[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy! :P
-sourire- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: nureat01

Haayeeeeeeee Suds! *swoons*🤣 Today toh was EPIC besti day for Suds....KOI aukaat nahin hai is bande ki sach mein😆

Someone made a spoofy pic on him the other day.....was it you, LuvPremeer?? That was hilariousssssssss🤣🤣🤣

🤣  🤣   yeah.....that was me...cuz I was so annoyed by his and Seema's scene 🤢 and the episode for me was just blahh with no way to entertain myself so I decided to make fun of him....Guess that my besti to him 🤣 🤣 🤣 

EDIT: It's on pg 109 😆 😆
Edited by LuvPremeer4ever - 13 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

@Anu, Fatty: Answering both ur questions😛

-AG as I said does a pretty decent job as Kala acting wise. Perhaps the only actress who could do a better job acting wise would be Shweta Kawatra. That is among the actresses I can remember right now.

-The material given to Kala is really good. Much better than K villians of the yore except maybe Pallavi of KGGK. Btw I am talking only still the stage Shweta played Pallavi. Or on second thoughts Pallavi even did better than the material given to her.

-I dont grudge the screen time given to Kala. I know it will happen. I grudge the illogical aura of power they have given her with the Kala Taisaheb track. I want to see some realism there. I refuse to digest that Kala can become an underworld don just becuz she is has this intelligence, beauty and aura. I grudge my screen time being wasted on Kala Taisaheb scenes.

-If they are desperate to show Kala as Taisaheb taking over Dutta's underworld business and have no more logical stuff to show I'd rather see the dynamics between the characters in the store room. Much better than seeing a bunch of idiotic men simply bow down to Kala's insults.

Edited by kshreya2002 - 13 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: LuvPremeer4ever

🤣  🤣   yeah.....that was me...cuz I was so annoyed by his and Seema's scene 🤢 and the episode for me was just blahh with no way to entertain myself so I decided to make fun of him....Guess that my besti to him 🤣 🤣 🤣 

LOL I thought so.....Suds ki besti pe toh sabka copyright hai😆....waise may I know your name? LuvPremeer is kind of a chore to type out😆
kabeeraspeaking thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Is your issue with Kala being given screen-space in general or AG's portrayal of Kala?😆.....cuz those are two different things.....Kala will always be given screen-space since she's the primary villain.....at this point, Kala's scenes are needed for storyline movement, to set up base for the coming battle.....I don't see it as a waste of space......

I think that's what Niki and the others have a problem with too...too much screenspace to Kala and so she's found boring and repetitive while she's anything but...some days ago I even read that some members were finding that LTL gives too much scope for evil to shine. I've always found on this show though that for every plot or dark cloud, there is a TREMENDOUS moment of faith or trust to outshine it into oblivion...case in point, the Suresh thing...Kala ne kya ghatiya plan banaya, how she got the rock thrown in with the note through the window, the photoshopped pictured, etc. but eventually when Dutta ripped that picture into two and pulled out that gun on Suresh, it was like whatever Kala did was soooo chindi and INSIGNIFICANT! So this show has always had a Jagtap for an Anna...a Baaji for a Suds...a Babi for a Morey...it's one of the most balanced and well-messaging shows in those terms I think...they always show faith winning over. 

Haayeeeeeeee Suds! *swoons*🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Today toh was EPIC besti day for Suds....KOI aukaat nahin hai is bande ki sach mein😆

LOL, har roz hi gets christened with new titles and insults yaar 😆 

Let us discuss his shocking (😲) minimum brain cell groW*H today at figuring out that he's good for nothing himself and actually being bounced between people only 😛😆