Chit Chat

India-Forums

Chit Chat
Chit Chat

**Go India Go-Cup Jeetlo-Jai Ho** (Page 38)

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:11am | IP Logged
agree charu , even i had no hopes for Ireland , but after seeing first few overs, well i can say they know why they r here 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cjs369

shivani9 IF-Sizzlerz
shivani9
shivani9

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:32am | IP Logged
kya huva, kiss ne jeethaTongue  i will chk now..Embarrassed
shivani9 IF-Sizzlerz
shivani9
shivani9

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged
awwwwwwwwwww Shocked

ICC World Cup: Ireland humble England as Kevin O'Brien makes history...02/03/2011

Pictures of England's humiliating defeat to Ireland in the cricket World Cup

trauss reacts as he leaves the ground after losing his wicket (Pic: AP)

Matt Prior of England is bowled by Trent Johnston (Pic: Getty)

Michael Yardy of England is bowled by Trent Johnston (Pic: Getty)

Kevin Pieterson watches as Ireland's wicketkeeper Niall O'Brien takes a catch to dismiss him (Pic: Reuters)

Kevin O'Brien and Alex Cusack congratulate eachother (Pic: Getty)

Strauss looks on as O'Brien inspires Ireland's victory (Pic: Getty)

William Porterfield is bowled out by England James Anderson (Pic: AFP)

Wicketkeeper Matt Prior drops a catch off Ed Joyce (Pic: Getty) All Pics: Getty, AP, Reuters, AFP

Paul Stirling's skies a ball which is caught by Kevin Pieterson (Pic: Getty)

Stuart Broad looks away as Strauss drops another catch (Pic: Getty)

England's captain Andrew Strauss drops a catch from the shot of Ireland's Kevin O'Brien (Pic: AP)

England cricketers celebrate the wicket of Ireland Paul Stirling (Pic: AFP)

Man of the Match, Kevin O'Brien, celebrates scoring a record 100 runs in 50 balls. (Pic: Reuters)

O'Brien celebrates his record breaking century (Pic: AP)

Ireland's Kevin O'Brien hit the fastest hundred in World Cup history to sentence shell-shocked England to an astounding three-wicket defeat at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium tonight.

O'Brien (113) came to the crease when damage limitation seemed the best his team could hope for, after they lost three wickets for eight runs to falter to 111 for five in apparently vain pursuit of 327 for eight.

But he responded with an innings of immense power, smashing six sixes and 13 fours in a 50-ball hundred and dominating a stand of 162 in 17 overs with Alex Cusack (47).

No one in the England attack was safe, with Graeme Swann (three for 47) the lucky one that he managed to complete his full 10-over allocation before O'Brien began his assault in earnest.

England did not help themselves, dropping five catches in all, including O'Brien and Cusack once each.

In the end even O'Brien's run-out, trying to scamper a second run at the start of the 49th over, could not stop Ireland getting home with five balls to spare.

After O'Brien had very nearly finished England off, John Mooney clipped the winning four to midwicket in company with Trent Johnston.

Jonathan Trott (92) and Ian Bell (81) had been England's main batting contributors, the former also bagging a place in cricket history as the joint-quickest batsman to 1,000 one-day international runs.

But he was relegated from headline to footnote by O'Brien's unexpected heroics.

Ireland's prospects of pulling off a tournament record chase under lights appeared decidedly slim, and all the more so after they lost captain Will Porterfield to the first ball of their reply under lights.

They needed a good start yet got the polar opposite when Porterfield inside-edged an attempted cover-drive at a wide ball from James Anderson back on to his stumps.

Paul Stirling and Ed Joyce gave England, and Stuart Broad in particular, something to think about in a second-wicket stand of 62.

But Stirling got underneath a pull at Broad's replacement Tim Bresnan and was caught at deep square-leg in the 10th over.

Joyce then mis-pulled successive Bresnan deliveries and could easily have gone to either, on 21. But first of all, Anderson's lunge in from midwicket was not quick enough - and then wicketkeeper Matt Prior spilled a high, swirling chance.

New batsman Niall O'Brien was dropped on five at long-off, where Anderson parried a big hit at Swann for six.

The consolation for England seemed to be that a repeat of the fielding mishaps they endured in their first match against Holland would surely not matter too much tonight.

Source of this article: Click Here

Edited by ladybird9 - 02 March 2011 at 11:45am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cjs369LimitLessFan

LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Ireland won , shivani , superb match 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani9

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:36am | IP Logged
I am glad a fledgling team won and brilliantly played..........although it was at the expense of England............

England must be reeling..........I do feel for them also. Don't think they saw this coming at all.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cjs369shivani9LimitLessFan

shivani9 IF-Sizzlerz
shivani9
shivani9

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:42am | IP Logged
hmmm, I missed the match... its good for the game as such... but does it mean England is out of this championship or something...I feel sad for England supporters esp bhaiyya..
LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged

Edited by JustJ - 02 March 2011 at 11:47am
cjs369 IF-Rockerz
cjs369
cjs369

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 11:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by groucho

I am glad a fledgling team won and brilliantly played..........although it was at the expense of England............

England must be reeling..........I do feel for them also. Don't think they saw this coming at all.

me too... actually felt bad for England... specially losing to Ireland must have been a mighty blow...

Go to top