Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Amar Chitra Katha - Tribute to Anant Pai

visrom IF-Stunnerz
visrom
visrom

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:02pm | IP Logged

My earliest memories of mythological stories are from Amar Chitra Katha. I remember my grandfather visiting us with a bunch of comics - Krishna, Shiva Parvati, Ganesha, Mahabharata etc. He used to read them out to me and that's how I learnt about Indian Mythology. I have read them hundreds of times during my childhood and even now when I visit a bookstore and see ACK comics, I pick them up and leaf through them.

I owe 80% of my knowlege of Indian mythology to ACK comics and the remaining 20% to mytho serials.

The creator of Amar Chitra Katha - Anant Pai, alias Uncle Pai recenly passed away.

This may not be the right thread, but I just wanted to pay tribute to him through this thread. Those who have read ACK comics, please join me.

Thank you.

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish....ASB100......Mina...radtpakharalola610...PARiNA.....RamKiJanaki..

...ASB100... IF-Dazzler
...ASB100...
...ASB100...

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Ohhh....really sad and sorry to hear that he's passed away...really luv reading ACK comics- I have read so many, and learnt so much from them........Just wanna say thank you to Anant Pai for providing the world with this great storehouse of knowledge....

-Asha

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish....Mina...pakharalola610visrom..RamKiJanaki..

ShivangBuch Goldie
ShivangBuch
ShivangBuch

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Tribute from my side too. I am also the one whose happy childhood memories are associated with those comics. Mythological stories of different characters of Purans and epics, Stories of saints and devotees, Indian history of Mughal and Rajputana empire, freedom struggle, Panchtantra, Arabian tales and English tales like 7 tiny men, Sindrella, Ozz magician and many such wide range of storybooks I read at very very little age.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.Vrish....Mina...pakharavisrom..RamKiJanaki..

pakhara IF-Rockerz
pakhara
pakhara

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 4:19pm | IP Logged

Oh dear God, that is just too sad! I grew up reading Amar Chitra Katha when I was little! Before I could read, my mother would read them to me at bedtime! I still hoard my collection of the mytho ACK comics. They mean so much to me! And if I hadn't read them that early on, I don't think Hindu mythology would have had as much of a significance to him. May Mr. Pai rest in peace.

Edited by AishuJSKfan - 01 March 2011 at 8:36pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish....ASB100......Mina...visrom..RamKiJanaki..

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 28 February 2011 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Thanks for making this thread, this forum is indeed the perfect place for it. The trend of mytho serials started with RS Ramayan, and its sets and costumes were designed in consultation with the gifted team of illustrators for ACK. So in effect, our forum wouldn't exist as it does without the cultural phenomenon created by Anant Pai. I learned so much from the series, particularly the saints' stories that are still really close to my heart. God bless his soul.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.Vrish....Mina......ASB100...pakharavisrom

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 9:50am | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch...Mina......ASB100...pakhara

...Mina... IF-Dazzler
...Mina...
...Mina...

Posted: 01 March 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Omg, that is sooo sad !!!CryCryCry The very first mythology stories I read as a child were ACK, they were sooooo magical and kept me glued to the pages. I had every single one of the Ramayan and Krishna stories, and also a big chunk of the historical ones like Prithviraj Chauhan, Anand Math, and Chandragupta. I can never thank Uncle Pai enough for these stories !! it is thanks to him only that so many Hindu children today know even the basics of our mythology.

Rest in peace, jiii!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch...ASB100...pakhara

m_kal2011 IF-Sizzlerz
m_kal2011
m_kal2011

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 4:05am | IP Logged
Amar Chitra Katha was a memorable part of my childhood days. I still remember those days when I used to go to the market with my Dad and he used to leave me in a book store so that I didn't feel bore. I used read the first Amar Chitra Katha comic very quickly but from the 2nd and third very slowly so that when Dad returned I could insist him to buy the unfinished one. Though always he used to buy me a lot of them, specially the biographies of the great men.

What I didn't know is that ACK was available in other languages too, I thougt it was a Bengali comic.

May Mr. Anant Pai's soul rest in peace.

Edited by m_kal2011 - 02 March 2011 at 4:14am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch...Mina...

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index