Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Old article on Rekha being pregnant with AB's baby (Page 48)

filmigal Senior Member
filmigal
filmigal

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
Where you talking about this article. I do think the author something personal against AB though, she wrote a lot of unnecessary mean things about him, the Rekha part might be true to some extent though

Rekha was ego trip for Amitabh'

Anuradha Varma, TNN 16 September 2009, 12:00am IST
Susmita Dasgupta finds Amitabh Bachchan an interesting subject to study. Here, she decodes the superstar, the subject of her PhD and a book 

Is there an Amitabh 'before' and 'after' ABCL? 
There is definitely a before and after ABCL Amitabh. The ABCL tragedy, like all stupendous failures have split Amitabh into a before and after image. The trauma of having failed appears to have drastically changed the person whose image was that of the invincible. 

What is Amitabh, the husband, like? 
As I could observe, and at that point of time I was nearly 20 years younger, that Amitabh and Jaya were ideologically apart. For Jaya, there was a distress about why Amitabh did the films that he did. Jaya would have loved it were Amitabh to remain in the Hrishikesh Mukherjee camp and graduated later to Satyajit Ray (Manik Kaku for her; Jaya is exceptionally well-connected). But Amitabh went into rather "cheap stuff" with which she was not comfortable. To the best of my mind, this was the basic reason for a kind of stand-off. Jaya and Amitabh were dutifully husband and wife but I felt that the romance in the marriage was lacking. Also Jaya is a 'Bong' woman, the oldest among three sisters, and most probably the brightest, daughter to a doting father and that too an important one. She is Bhaduri, an upper caste Barendri Brahmin, who are very proud people. But slowly as Amitabh got involved in his career, he himself became the centre of all attention which was very difficult for Jaya to swallow. After all, at the time of their marriage she was the star and he the also-ran. The change in the power position within the marriage as Amitabh became successful also changed the soft, intense and emotional romance which Jaya and Amitabh had. 

How is the superstar with his kids? Is his rapport different with Abhishek and Shweta? 
With his children, Amitabh is doting, pampering, blind with affection and only pretending to be firm, but very interested to be a part of their lives and eager to go to any lengths for their well-being. The daughter is interesting, I am not so sure that she feels the same way towards her parents as they feel towards her. I get this strange feeling that Shweta is seeking to move out of her parents' very doting shadow and that marriage helped her have some independence that her extra protective parents robbed her of. Abhishek loves and would love to continue to be under the parents' protection. 

What about the Rekha episode? Is there reason to believe the affair happened, despite Amitabh's denials? 
Yes, it is a matter of great speculation for me as well. I always sided with Amitabh when he denied all on Rekha. But, only recently, I saw this television footage in which Amitabh suddenly got up and moved away as Rekha came near where he was seated. This makes me believe that yes, they did have an affair. The sudden getting up and moving away was a giveaway. It was almost a pose of fleeing from Rekha... why would a man want to do that if he is not guilty of something
I believe Amitabh knew from day one that he wasn't serious about Rekha. Also, he's very, very class conscious... Rekha was perhaps an ego trip. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 8:46am | IP Logged
I remember this was headlines as well I dont blame him for moving!!!

filmigal

MeghaSRKLover IF-Sizzlerz
MeghaSRKLover
MeghaSRKLover

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged

i feel sorry for rekha

but past is past
im so sad she did not move on with her life

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

filmigalruky786

filmigal Senior Member
filmigal
filmigal

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Jaya on them working together again

'Why should I mind Amitabh, Rekha working together?'

In her first exclusive interview to People magazine after the political controversy following her 'pro-Hindi' remarks during the music launch of DronaJaya Bachchan opens up on the emotional upheavals in her life and how she has emerged stronger after every one of them.

In an in-depth conversation, the veteran actress spoke on every issue that has dogged her and her family: Husband, superstar Amitabh Bachchan's supposed romantic relationship with former co-star Rekha, the estrangement between the Bachchans and the Gandhis, the break-up of Abhishek and Karisma Kapoor's engagement, her connection with reigning superstar Shah Rukh Khan (and her disappointment over his alleged remarks about daughter-in-law Aishwarya during the infamous SRK-Salman spat) and the effect that Raj Thackeray's invectives have had on her.

Excerpts from the interview:

On marriage to Amitabh -- and his alleged romance with Rekha

Marriages seem to be falling apart these days. How have you managed to keep it going for so many years? How can you keep a man faithful to you for so long, that too such a desirable man?

By just leaving him alone. You have to have the conviction. I married a good man and a family that believes in commitment. (Thinks) You must not get too possessive, especially in our profession, where you know things aren't going to be easy. You can either drive the artist crazy, or you can help him or her grow. And if he goes, then he was never yours! (Smiles)

But surely all those rumours about affairs must disturb...

(Thinks) You are a human being, you do react. If you react to negativity, you also react to positivity. You are reassured every second by gestures, by looks, by happenings, and that keeps you going. (Thinks more) A human being at a very vulnerable age and time gets carried away either ways, and if you are sad you are sad, and if you are happy you are happy.

Once and for all, is there any truth about the affair with Rekha?

If there was any, he would have been somewhere else, na? People liked them as a couple on screen, and that's fine. The media tried linking him with every one of his heroines. My life would have been hell if I had taken it all seriously. We are made of sterner stuff.

Would you mind if they worked together again?

No, why should I mind? But I feel it will be more like a sensation than actual work. And that's a pity because one will miss the opportunity of seeing them together. Both of them probably realise it will go beyond work.

Lennie IF-Stunnerz
Lennie
Lennie

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 9:50am | IP Logged
I dont believe Jaya didnt know or AB/Rekha didnt have anything to do with one another lol
filmigal Senior Member
filmigal
filmigal

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Lennie

I dont believe Jaya didnt know or AB/Rekha didnt have anything to do with one another lol</font>

I agree! And from all the stuff we posted here i think it's relatively clear that they had something goingLOL. But i suppose Jaya is not going to ever admit it, Confused

Edited by filmigal - 04 March 2011 at 10:25am
MeghaSRKLover IF-Sizzlerz
MeghaSRKLover
MeghaSRKLover

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
well jaya has been strong though to put up with him
maybe for the kids

filmigal

Mommytobe IF-Dazzler
Mommytobe
Mommytobe

Posted: 04 March 2011 at 10:54am | IP Logged
now this is ancient gossip..
dont know how many would know about old tv SERIAL HUMLOG.. there was this guy who played the younger son.
there were rumors that Rekha thought he looked like young Amitabh and was grooming him for his film debut.
Rekha was apparently close to this guy.

Gossip courtesy my Aunt.. who was avid filmi mag reader:)Smile

purva

Go to top