Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I couldn't help posting this, Both AB and Rekha decided to wear velvet of all things to the same award function, weird coincidence I must say ðŸ˜†

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: eraser

Hey, can anyone find that award show where Rekha danced and AB was watching the performance with his jaw hanging to the ground? 

I added it already but forgot what page it is on!😆
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Bachchan is sharp, deft & very tacit in his dealings he's been to the right schools that's what seperated him from the pack [Dharmendra, Shatrughan Jeetendra etc]. They've all had their share of women, Sanjay Khan at least admitted to his affair with Zeenat.
filmigal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bollywoodbabe1

I couldn't help posting this, Both AB and Rekha decided to wear velvet of all things to the same award function, weird coincidence I must say ðŸ˜†

Haha, I noticed that too! Weird connection there ðŸ˜†
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i bet he was mortified when she also showed up in velvet too that night ðŸ˜†

stuff like that really makes u wonder about the connection between these 2
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail

Originally posted by: eraser

Did I tell you that he had tears in his eyes as well 😲?

what/ where? Shocked
anyone knows what awards function it was or has a vid?
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
one journalist had written that bachchan was always very very class conscious-rekha was just an ego trip for him.
I remember reading an article long back on how AB used to groom rekha so that she is able to learn the norms of high society.he even taught her how to eat with fork and knife.
It's very evident that he completely changed after his coolie accident.
Edited by MiniRulz - 13 years ago
filmigal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Where you talking about this article. I do think the author something personal against AB though, she wrote a lot of unnecessary mean things about him, the Rekha part might be true to some extent though

Rekha was ego trip for Amitabh'

Anuradha Varma, TNN 16 September 2009, 12:00am IST
Susmita Dasgupta finds Amitabh Bachchan an interesting subject to study. Here, she decodes the superstar, the subject of her PhD and a book 

Is there an Amitabh 'before' and 'after' ABCL? 
There is definitely a before and after ABCL Amitabh. The ABCL tragedy, like all stupendous failures have split Amitabh into a before and after image. The trauma of having failed appears to have drastically changed the person whose image was that of the invincible. 

What is Amitabh, the husband, like? 
As I could observe, and at that point of time I was nearly 20 years younger, that Amitabh and Jaya were ideologically apart. For Jaya, there was a distress about why Amitabh did the films that he did. Jaya would have loved it were Amitabh to remain in the Hrishikesh Mukherjee camp and graduated later to Satyajit Ray (Manik Kaku for her; Jaya is exceptionally well-connected). But Amitabh went into rather "cheap stuff" with which she was not comfortable. To the best of my mind, this was the basic reason for a kind of stand-off. Jaya and Amitabh were dutifully husband and wife but I felt that the romance in the marriage was lacking. Also Jaya is a 'Bong' woman, the oldest among three sisters, and most probably the brightest, daughter to a doting father and that too an important one. She is Bhaduri, an upper caste Barendri Brahmin, who are very proud people. But slowly as Amitabh got involved in his career, he himself became the centre of all attention which was very difficult for Jaya to swallow. After all, at the time of their marriage she was the star and he the also-ran. The change in the power position within the marriage as Amitabh became successful also changed the soft, intense and emotional romance which Jaya and Amitabh had. 

How is the superstar with his kids? Is his rapport different with Abhishek and Shweta? 
With his children, Amitabh is doting, pampering, blind with affection and only pretending to be firm, but very interested to be a part of their lives and eager to go to any lengths for their well-being. The daughter is interesting, I am not so sure that she feels the same way towards her parents as they feel towards her. I get this strange feeling that Shweta is seeking to move out of her parents' very doting shadow and that marriage helped her have some independence that her extra protective parents robbed her of. Abhishek loves and would love to continue to be under the parents' protection. 

What about the Rekha episode? Is there reason to believe the affair happened, despite Amitabh's denials? 
Yes, it is a matter of great speculation for me as well. I always sided with Amitabh when he denied all on Rekha. But, only recently, I saw this television footage in which Amitabh suddenly got up and moved away as Rekha came near where he was seated. This makes me believe that yes, they did have an affair. The sudden getting up and moving away was a giveaway. It was almost a pose of fleeing from Rekha... why would a man want to do that if he is not guilty of something
I believe Amitabh knew from day one that he wasn't serious about Rekha. Also, he's very, very class conscious... Rekha was perhaps an ego trip. 

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I remember this was headlines as well I dont blame him for moving!!!
MeghaSRKLover thumbnail

i feel sorry for rekha

but past is past
im so sad she did not move on with her life