Please post all articles related to 

Chajje Chajje Ka Pyar

No Comments Please

Thank You

Posted: 13 years ago

Telly lovebirds on the rooftop

TNN, Feb 28, 2011, 12.00am IST

A still from Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyar
Laila-Majnu, Heer-Ranjha, Romeo Juliet... all these great love stories once unfolded on chhajjas. 

Keeping that tradition alive is a unique love story where a kirayedaar ka chhora falls in love with a makaan malik ki chhori. This new TV show Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar is the story of Dhruv and Ginny and their families, who are based in Delhi and live under the same roof as owners and tenants. 

There are a host of colorful characters sharing different emotions and bonds of friendship and animosity. The show, which introduces Shambhavi and Manish Tulsiyani as Ginny and Dhruv, also has veteran actors like Kiran Kumar and Virendra Saxena.

Read more: Telly lovebirds on the rooftop - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Telly-lovebirds-on-the-rooftop/articleshow/7586041.cms#ixzz1FBcVhDEq

'Chajje Chajje Ka Pyaar' on Sony..

'Chajje Chajje Ka Pyaar' on Sony..

Sony and Endemol India will together come up with a fiction show titled Chajje Chajje Ka Pyaar soon..

Sony Entertainment Television has now joined hands with Endemol India to launch a new fiction show titled 'Chajje Chajje Ka Pyaar'. The show will launch sometime in the beginning of March. 

Our source states, "Vivek Mushran and Ritu Vijwill play a couple in the show. The elderly cast of the family will comprise of Virendra Saxenaand Alka Amin of 12/24 Karol Bagh fame. Mazher Sayed will essay the eldest brother and Anirudh Singh of Khwaish fame will play the middle brother. Fresh face Manish, who has done few ads, has been roped in to play the male lead in the show; he will be the youngest brother in the family. The production house is still looking for an apt face to portray the female lead". 

"The show which is set in Delhi is about two neighbours who stay in one house and the two patriarchs are very close to each other and are bosom friends. They have this habit of fighting in the morning, only to make up by the end of the day. The male lead belongs to one family while the girl belongs to the other, and will grow on when the two fall in love", adds our source. 

When contacted, Vivek Mushran told us, "Talks are on, but nothing is decided yet". 

Mazher Sayed too denied that he has been confirmed for the show, and said that he is working out things. 

We could not get thro' Alka Amin and Virendra Saxena.. 

Let's see how this show fares on Sony.. 

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh
Ex Roadies, Shambhavi Sharma will now debut in Sony's new love drama Chajje Chajje Ka Pyaar [CCKP]. The chirpy girl talks about landing the show by fluke, her experience on television –reality and drama and what the future holds for her.

How did you feel when you got selected for this show?
I was busy studying my third year law via correspondence and happened to go for an audition, by chance. The next thing I know, I was called for a meeting and told I was selected for a tv serial. I realized it would be nice. This wasn't a planned move. I had never given doing a tv serial a thought. I wasn't expecting it, so I wasn't thrilled or ecstatic but happy to have landed a tv show.

Tell us about your character?
I play a bubbly girl Ginny who is sorted and responsible towards her family. She is loved by one and all at home. She knows how to have fun. As the character is from Delhi, there are many similarities so it was easy to portray her.

What do you think is the USP of the show?
Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar is a light hearted drama with equal doses of romance and family drama. The friendship of the elders in both families, the bonding between family members, the fun, joy and laughter is what should appeal to the audiences. Our show has a fresh, a more real take on relationship and people. And the USP is the Chajja, of course. Most of us have had a terrace in our life, so I guess people will connect.

Who do you share the best rapport with on and off screen?
On-screen, it is with my mom as Ginny and her mom have a wonderful relationship and off-screen, I get along well with Neha Janpandit, who plays my elder sister in the show. Working with such a huge cast and veterans like Virendraji and Kiran Kumarji is a great experience.

How is your chemistry with your co-star Manish?
He is a good actor, a responsible person. We are cordial towards each other.

How close are you to your character Ginny?
I feel very close to Ginny as I am bubbly, homely and responsible like her. Well, maybe I am less responsible but I love my family a lot like her.

How do you look back on the experience in Roadies?
Roadies gave me great exposure. I was younger then – just 18, so it was like an eye opener. It showed me what the real world looks like. I enjoyed being on Roadies. It was the only reality show back then. Today, there are dime a dozen reality shows.

What is your take on daily soaps and career on television?
I am beginning to love acting on screen. A good performance gives me a high. I also feel any kind of work, if done with passion is beneficial. Your job should satisfy you and right now, CCKP gives me great satisfaction indeed.

What is the best and worst aspect of being on TV?
The best part is of course the recognition, name, fame and money. The worst is not getting any free or personal time. Your life revolves around the show, the set and shootings. I guess you win some, you lose some.

'We want to be the next driver in business in fiction' - Deepak Dhar

'We want to be the next driver in business in fiction' - Deepak DharDeepak Dhar, Managing Director, Endemol India talks about the channel's first independent fiction property Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar, and about future plans..

To read the complete article, click below:

'We want to be the next driver in business in fiction' - Deepak Dhar

Spicy Shambhavi to become the bubbly Ginny

Shambhavi Sharma who created tangy vibes on MTV's Roadies 5.0 will be seen playing the bubbly lead in Sony TV's upcoming show Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar

Shambhavi Sharma who made Roadies 5.0 spicy and tangy is back in a completely new avatar in Sony TV and Endemol India's new show, Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar.

But Shambhavi claims that from a reality show contestant to an actor, nothing has changed for her.. "In Roadies too, I was acting and I am doing the same here", she states.

Touted as one of the most controversial contestants in Roadies, Shambhavi had been in the hit list of all. "Roadies is a show where you are given momentary instructions to do stuffs to make the show spicier. The show, for that matter any reality show is planned where the most controversial person gets noticed. And subsequently for the ratings, they are asked to do more stuff".

Shambhavi adds to why she chose to do Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar and says "Roadies was a show that youngsters liked, but at the same time I was scolded by the oldies , and was time and again questioned on the kind of nasty language I used on the show. And hence I thought to do a show which the mummies also like (smiles)".

Speaking about her role in the new Sony show she says "Ginny is bubbly, sorted and very responsible and will surely be loved by all".

And what's more, Shambhavi feels that she in real life, is very close to her on screen character of Ginny.

Catch the new Shambhavi Sharma in Sony TV's Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar that lauches on 28 February at 8:30pm.

Kiran's back!
 Veteran actor Kiran Kumar is loving his latest character Avtaar Sehgal in the serial Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyar. Kiran can go on and on talking about the character, who is a very down-to-earth guy who believes in simple living and high thinking. "He is a dream character; the world would be a beautiful place to live if we had more and more people like him in reality," he says. Incidentally, the actor has made a comeback on the small screen after more than two years and he's making the best of his new stint. Apart from a having a love track, Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyar is also a story of two families — Sehgal's and Tripathi's living under the same roof as owners and tenants in one of crowded bylanes of Old Delhi. Interestingly, the initial episodes of the show are shot in Old Delhi itself. Tune in to watch this unusual story which unfolds on Chhajja from Monday to Friday at 8:30 pm on Sony Entertainment Television.

Gunjan Utreja debuts with Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyar!

Gunjan Utreja debuts with Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyar!

Gunjan Utreja who has anchored various events, will debut on small screen with the Sony show..

Gunjan Utreja, an anchor turned actor is all set to make his debut on the small screen with Sony TV's recently launched show, Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar.The young lad has anchored various events like Jal Band Live In Concert, Koffee with Karan launch etc. 

He will enter as the suitor for Meghna (Priya Ahuja). 

Elaborating on the track our source says, "A guy will soon enter the show to see Meghna (Priya Ahuja) for alliance. The entire family will be shocked to see the guy.  The 26 year old fellow sports grey hairs and has a weird look. Since they get a wrong impression about the guy, they refuse the alliance". 

Talking about the character our source states, "Gunjan Utreja will be essaying the role of Rohit who is a very intelligent business executive, who has a witty personality. He has come down to find his dream girl who has to be simple, intelligent and can be his friend instead of being a typical wife".

The story will proceed when the family refuses Rohit's proposal after which he will impress the whole family with his witty talent.

We contacted Gunjan Utreja and he confirmed the news and said, "Yes, I will be entering the show as Rohit; I don't know how much I can divulge about my character but basically the guy has few defects in him that will be over shadowed by his talent. He will ultimately win over the heart of the family and the girl".

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Aniruddh Singh on his role in Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar

Aniruddh Singh on his role in Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar

Aniruddh Singh who essays the career oriented Daksh Tripthi in Sony's Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar talks about the character's similarity with his real life persona..

All are aware of the career oriented and smart Daksh Tripathi of Sony TV's Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar. The character portrayed by Anirudh Singh has been well appreciated. But is the real Anirudh similar to Daksh?

Aniruddh says "Daksh and Anirudh are similar in one way as they both are career oriented and do love their family. But at the same time, Aniruddh never forgets that family comes first".

Talking about the grey shade that his character possesses Anirudh says "Actually the character cannot be completely termed as grey shaded, because Daksh is a person who is very career oriented and will do anything to get to the top. He is of the attitude that his family will be happy at the end of the day, as he earns money for them".

But what happens ultimately will be unexpected. The actor adds, "As of now, he is now in his first job and is always trying to prove himself. But in future, he will take up an offer that will bring about a split in the families".

After Khwahish, Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar is Aniruddh's second show with Sony TV and he is completely excited about it. Theatre and ads kep him busy till now, and today he feels fortunate to be working with experienced cast like Virender Saxena and Kiran Kumar.

Catch the excitements that happen on the terrace through the show Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar on Sony TV

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

'Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar' introduces a fresh face Manish Tulsyani in the world of television. Manish will don the role of protagonist Dhruv Tripathi. The new actor on the block is super-thrilled about his debut venture in acting although he has already faced camera for few ad commercials which have gone on air. In an interview with us, Manish talks at length about his character in the show which he is eagerly looking forward to. 

What is 'Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar' all about?

This is a different kind of show which is out of the box. Might be one have seen such things in movies but not in serials. It's about love between two families and their mutual relations. There is no negativity between the members of the families but there is just love for each other. If someone is hurt there will be many people around him/her to support.

What will be the things in the show you will be seen doing to impress Ginny (Shambhavi Sharma)?

Ginny is not happy about the fact that I keep on looking at girls and every other day I am in love with a different girl. We fight, argue but the friendship between both of us is very strong, we help each other and be together in any situation. In small incidents the boding between the two will be evident even they go for a movie; Ginny is aware that Dhruv is very emotional and might cry during the movie, so she carries tissues with her.

Three tips according to you to woo a girl?

Smile is the first thing which might attract a girl instantly. Apart from that go to gym, work on your body and copy some actor.  Girls also get impressed by playing romantic songs for them.

Since you are in love with Ginny (Shambhavi Sharma) what are the things which you buy for her from Delhi Bazaar?

I get lot of things from the market like bangles, bags and stoles. Ginny loves panipuri so I get chat for her and I am scared of my father so I hide things from him. He scolds me in the show as I am not able to clear my exams for past two years and there is also a reason behind why I fail but that will be revealed as the show progresses.

In the show when we saw a small act, we realized that your father Dinanath Tripathi (Virendra Saxena) is fond of your elder brother Dhairya (Mazher Sayed). What you have to say about it?

Yes, he is the eldest son and is married now so he is very responsible about things. My father also thinks that Daksh (Anirudh) is very 'Layak' in the house as he is very passionate about his work and also intelligent. I am like my father, he was also lazy and I also depend on my brothers and it's a very childlike behaviour I will be seen in the show.

In daily soaps we see lot of filmy songs. So can we expect some kind of dance and masti in the show?

Only the title song has been shot which is about 'Chhajje Chhajje Ka Pyaar' which you will see during the show. The beats and the lyrics are very nice and people will like it. In this show you will get A-Z about families. You will see holy function, marriages happening in the family, Diwali, Rakshabandha but though don't know about Valentine Day. There will be lot of humorous moments, a pure family drama.

Is there any similarity between Dhruv Tripathi and Manish Tulsyani?

Dhruv and Manish both loves to play Guitar and gym a lot. Dhruv flirts a lot whereas me is not as good flirt as Dhruv is. The biggest similarity between Dhruv and Manish is that both of them have a common face. Both are extroverts by nature and loves life.

What Ginny means to you in the show?

Ginny is very lovely character, cute and sweet and helps me in everything. If I will be honest she is my life and can't be without her as we are childhood friends. I like lot of girls but Ginny is the best for me.