Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Old article of Apurva ! Donno if it was posted

bhondu2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Apurva Agnihotri

Apurva Agnihotri is back to TV soaps

IANS, Jul 4, 2010, 05.24pm IST

After staying away from soaps for a long time, popular TV actor Apurva Agnihotri, whose ultimate desire is to be a writer, makes a comeback with Star Plus' " Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai" and says reality show kept him away from serials.

"I think reality shows have spoilt the TV actors. They (reality shows) offer quick and easy money. So if you are popular on TV and want to earn good money, go for reality shows - that's what most of the people are doing these days. And reality shows kept me away from soaps," Apurva toldover phone from Mumbai.

The actor was last seen on Imagine TV's reality show " Pati, Patni Aur Woh" with his wife Shilpa Saklani. He had also participated in Star Plus' dance reality show "Nach Baliye".

So what brought him back to acting?
"Firstly, Rajan Shahi (producer of 'Bidaai') offered me this role and I could not refuse him because he is an amazing producer. I love him, no matter how gay that may sound. Secondly, I eagerly wanted to work with Star Plus, an opportunity I didn't get after 'Nach Baliye'," he said.

Apurva has joined the cast of "Bidaai" as Anmol. He as joined the series that has taken a seven year leap.

"Anmol is a very positive person. When he enters the scene, everyone is very depressed and unhappy, but after a while he'll be the one who makes them smile," he said.

"As of now, whenever one thinks of 'Bidaai', its key characters Sadhna, Alekh and Ragini come to their mind. After six months, I want that even I should be a popular character in the show and become the top of mind recall for the audience," said Apurva.

Apurva rose to popularity on the small screen as Armaan sir in "Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi". Thereafter, he did shows like "Kaajjal" and "Radha Ki Betiyaan Kuch Kar Dikhaayengi".

He was first seen in Subhash Ghai's film "Pardes", which also featured stars like Shah Rukh Khan and Amrish Puri. He continued his big screen journey with movies like "Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin" and "Krodh". .

"The schedule of a TV actor is almost as hectic as a movie actor. You have to work really hard in TV as well as big screen to establish yourself," he said.

He also wants to follow his father, film writer Gyandev Agnihotri who wrote hits like "Yarana" and "Mr. Natwarlal", and be a writer one day.

"I will be the happiest person to follow the footsteps of my father. My ultimate desire in life is to become a successful film writer and director. This is what I consider doing in future as soon as I get a good offer," he said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Apurva-Agnihotri-is-back-to-TV-soaps/articleshow/6127768.cms

What he said seems so true he is truly remembered as Anmol...
And for the offer Rajan ji made to him he has proved awesome
I hope he considers him for another season with all the talks on the sequel going on and a foundation for a show its very important to have some character sketches which make a mark.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Wonderfullife thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
True,Anmol proved what he said.πŸ˜ƒ
shanaya28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for article..

"As of now, whenever one thinks of 'Bidaai', its key characters Sadhna, Alekh and Ragini come to their mind. After six months, I want that even I should be a popular character in the show and become the top of mind recall for the audience," said Apurva"

we dont need proof for that apoorva did it in only in 4 months..πŸ‘

his hard work and dedication adding plus point he made the character anmol so real he instantly became a household name and in the viewers heart..

in the end he was happy as audiences accepted his pairing with parul/ragini and accepted angini as a couple..

apoorva did rock in bidaai post leap.so hope RS does bring his character anmol back in bidaai2 with his ragini.😊

Lovenarbhi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Apu meri jaan, I am missing you like hell...... please jaldi aajo. Thanks yaaar for the article. New or old I just dont care, I hope get more news on him.
tvmylove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
oh.. see yaar.... aup did it in just 4 months..... And all of us missing anmol... i just hope.. RS will bing back our anmol.. Suku is right old or new no problem... Just want any thing about apu
shanti05 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
What can I say So true He proved awesome as Anmol!!

Recall value is super duper high !! Even after 3 months the show being over remembered extremely well
In the bidaaii farewell party I recollect him saying " Meri Tammana yahi thi kaash I could give atleast 1 1/2 years for this role and explore more into this role"

O apurva wish that thought comes true and Rajan Ji your one call to him would definatly get him a chance to work for season two /sequel of bidaaii whenever its on cards and have him continue with the role of Anmol !!

Thanks for the old article, Even though its old the words spoken seemed so true and indeed he made Bidaaii beautiful with his presence,!!!

4 months of his presence in the show still grinning and broad smile and waiting for more !
shanaya28 thumbnail
wat i liked in his interview the confidence he had about this character.

it was a risk for him but still go ahead and today we cant forget anmol as apoorva did made it so believable..

apoorva is really a gem and talented actor...πŸ‘
rekha02 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
I just wish Apurva wish comes true of being given 1 1/2 years to work on his role as Anmol and yes he can create more benchmarks in the acting dept by excelling more. Hope RS gives Apu another call to comeback as Anmol in Bidaai season2.
thanks for the article and I always have a pleasure reading Apurva's thoughts as his interviews are normally few.
So sad that Anmol did not get even 6 months to make his mark but he achieved more in lesser time frame. Wish he is back in season2 with Ragini and Tammy. I hope to see the wonder kids again frankly the same cast with which bidaai ended on a high.
shanaya28 thumbnail
yes rekha i just hope RS gives apoorva that call and bring him back in bidaai 2..

he already knew there is much much potential in this character and now with a season 2 hope his wish comes true and we get to watch anmol more..

apoorva is choosy about his roles but this one was just made for him ..

the depth and so many shades in his character was just amazing and it did needed an actor of the caliber of apoorva..

he performed with excellency and did touched the viewers heart with his voice, feelings and emotions..

at the end though it went off air his character will always be remembered cos its not the length but the excellence of the acting that matters..

here apoorva was at his best as anmol ...πŸ‘πŸΌ
bhondu2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanti05

What can I say So true He proved awesome as Anmol!!

Recall value is super duper high !! Even after 3 months the show being over remembered extremely well
In the bidaaii farewell party I recollect him saying " Meri Tammana yahi thi kaash I could give atleast 1 1/2 years for this role and explore more into this role"

O apurva wish that thought comes true and Rajan Ji your one call to him would definatly get him a chance to work for season two /sequel of bidaaii whenever its on cards and have him continue with the role of Anmol !!

Thanks for the old article, Even though its old the words spoken seemed so true and indeed he made Bidaaii beautiful with his presence,!!!

4 months of his presence in the show still grinning and broad smile and waiting for more !

I felt so baad for him 😭
😭He had just come in the show and they had the show pulled off ..
I hope  he is again in the sequel they plan..
He always brings a smile to my face !😊