Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 9:53am | IP Logged
Om Namah Shivaya

*I got this story from fb i a post by Lord Shiva fanclub member Ajay Dutt.

Why we celebrate Shivratri?

Though Lord Shiva knew everything, but still feigning ignorance. The deit...ies told him about the battle, fought between Brahmaji and Vishnuji." and said them don't worry
I know.

"Lord Shiva then sent his one hundred Ganas to pacify both of them. He too went there accompanied by Mother Parvati, boarded on a chariot. When Lord Shiva reached there, he saw that Brahmaji and Vishnuji were about to use their deadly weapons- Maheshwar and Pashupat respectively. Fearing the destruction, which these deadly weapons might have caused, Lord Shiva manifested himself in the form of 'Analstamba' (pillar of fire) between them. Brahmaji and Vishnuji had already released their weapons- Maheshwar and Pashupat. Both the weapons fell into that pillar of fire and got destroyed.

"Brahmaji and Vishnuji were very surprised to see the pillar of fire, which was so enormous in size that it reached the sky and penetrated down the earth. Vishnuji transformed himself into a boar and went to the 'Patal' (nether world) to find the base of that 'Pillar of fire'. But he was unsuccessful in his attempt and came back.

Similarly Brahmaji transformed himself into a swan and flew up in the sky to find its limit. But he was also unsuccessful in his attempt and came back.

"Lord Shiva smiled at the futile attempts of Shree Brahmaji and Vishnuji. As a result of his smile the Ketaki flower fell down from his head. Brahmaji was very pleased to see Ketaki flower and said I found end of this Pillar and said to ketaki flower who had holded you, Ketaki flower told Brahmaji that he had been present there since the beginning of the creation on Lord Shiva's head, but was unable to know about the origin of that 'Pillar of fine'. The flower also advised Brahmaji against making any effort in that direction, as it would be of no use."

"Brahmaji then sought the help of Ketaki flower to give a false witness before lord Vishnu, that he (Brahmaji) had been successful in seeing the limit of that pillar of fire. Ketaki flower agreed after preventing lots of time. Both of them went to Vishnuji and Brahmaji told him that he had seen the limit of that Pillar of fire. Ketaki flower gave a witness. Vishnuji accepted the superiority of Brahmaji. and worshiped him"

"Lord Shiva then revealed himself in His full glory from central part of the pillar and Vishnuji hold the feet of Lord Shiva and said we tried hard to find you but you are unable to found with ignorant mind please forgive our sins. Lord Shiva became pleased with Vishnuji and accorded him the same status as Hat of his own for his true devotion and truth."

"After according same status to Vishnuji as that of his own, Lord Shiva opened his third eye from it manifested 'Bhairav'. He ordered Bhairav to kill Brahmaji. Bhairav severed the fifth head of Lord Brahma with his sword. Brahmaji became very terrified. He was trembling in fear. Lord Vishnu felt pity on his condition and requested Lord Shiva to forgive him.

Lord Shiva then stopped Bhairav, but told Brahma.

"You spoke untruth with a desire to become worshippable. It is my curse that, you will not be worshipped by anybody. You will posses only four heads."

Brahmaji begged his forgiveness. Lord Shiva feeling pity on Brahmaji gave him a boon of being the presiding deity of all the yagya. Similarly the Ketaki flower also prohibited from being used during worship. But when Ketaki flower tendered his apology Shiva gave blessing that it would be fortunate to be offered to lord Vishnu during the worship.

Lord Vishnu and Brahma made salutations to Mahadev and offered him a seat. Then they both worshipped him together. This was the first time, Brahma and Vishnu had worshipped Mahadev togehter. Mahadev was very pleased and said Shiva-ratri has been continued to be celebrated since that day. This particular day is considered to be the most auspicious day for the worship of Lord Shiva.

A devotee who fasts on Shiv ratri remaining only on fruits, attain virtues equivalent to the worship done for the whole year.

The Statue of Shiva is consecrated on this day.

Lord Shiva has himself told the deities that he had manifested in the form of Pillar of Fire' in the month of Mgahan and during the constellation of Ardra Niketar or Poornima. He also said-

"One who has my darshan on this day (Shivratri) or worships me in my form of Ling is dearer to me than Kartikeya. The place where, I manifested in the form of Pillar of fire will become famous as Ling-asthan. Because of its resemblance with the 'Mountain of Fire', it will also be known Arunachal."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smile
Here's a vm by me. Not anywhere close to as good as you guys, but still an attempt. Love the song though.

@Aishi di, thanks for the info di! I loved to hear so much of the beautiful traditions in celebrating Shivratri in the South! It sounds all so magnificent. Want to some day see it for myself!

@Parina di, omg, you should post your vms!!!! They're so beautiful! And The little poem about Shivji is so lovely and touching! Loved it so much!

Edited by AishuJSKfan - 01 March 2011 at 3:59pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyacityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Maha Shivaratri Celebrations! (Page 2)" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 9:59am | IP Logged
thanks Aish .. i hv post my 3 VM's on fist page one is still in process Tongue

DebipriyaAishuHiBawaricityoflights..RamKiJanaki..

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 10:19am | IP Logged
Wow di, they were truly divine vms! You chose such beautiful and serine pics of Shivji and such soothing and devotional songs! I love your work! And the effects on the last one were amazing! I truly felt so peaceful and "shant" after I watched that! Can't wait for the fourth one!

Debipriyalola610cityoflights..RamKiJanaki..

...ASB100...

Goldie

...ASB100...

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Happy Mahashivratri to all!!!! May Lord Shiva bless us all!!!!

-Asha

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyalola610AishuHiBawaricityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 10:51am | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

I'm editing my 2nd post on Pg. 1 with all the Shivji songs from our mythos, since this is the mythological masti forum, and if you guys know of any other songs apart from the ones I posted, from any show, please do give me the link and I'll add it.Big smile

-Janu

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyalola610cityoflights

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
OMG LOVEEEEE this thread guys, amazing job ClapClapClapClapClap Thank you Aish for all the info, Janu for the beautiful collection of Bholenath bhajans from mythos, Pari for the fantas-terrific VMs... wowww Day Dreaming and Aishu for the additional bhajans!!! Can't wait to see what else you all have in store, Maha Shivratri has really brought our forum to life DancingDancingDancingDancingDancing Jai Jai Shiv Shankar!!!

I hope to have a bunch of other stuff to share with you all soon, but let me start with this... it's one of my FAVORITE bhajans on Shivji, it is so fast and lively and energizing, I just LOVE it Dancing It wasn't on youtube so I made a quick low-tech VM to share the bhajan with everyone... listen and enjoy!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaAishuHiBawaricityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 6:31pm | IP Logged
One more... forgive my lazy single animation throughout, the bhajan is awesome enough that you'll enjoy anyway :P

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyacityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
Wow Lola di! You chose such beautiful and upbeat bhajans for this special occasion! Lovely vms! Loved listening to them! And the animation on the second one was superb! It was actually better that you chose one pic because then we could concentrate on that as we listened to the bhajan. And what do you mean by lazy di? Its amazing that you were able to pull of such amazing work! Nice job!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriyacityoflights

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Mythological Masti Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.