Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Perfectly said Debi di! These and other forms of art that are made for the intent of invoking bhakti do indeed make us closer to God and realization.
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AishuJSKfan

Perfectly said Debi di! These and other forms of art that are made for the intent of invoking bhakti do indeed make us closer to God and realization.

You know, actually all these discussions and any form of 'True/Pure Art' - they all just 'Elevate' us from the 'ordinary way of looking at things' and make us 'Aware' about the 'Higher Order of things'... I feel, that is the Vision which we all should try to attach ourselves in Each Moment of our life... Then only we can Truly 'Realise' the Lord 'within us'
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Hey everyone, Happy Shivraatri once again! 🤗  🤗 I too am thoroughly enjoying this thread!Loved all the songs, vms, siggys and articles you all posted! 

@ Aishi- wonderful job on the thread, it looks beautiful! 👏 👏

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had a small Shiv Pooja at my Mom's home today, so I wanted to share these pics with you all. Sorry for the low quality, I had forgotten my camera home so had to make do with my lousy phone! 😆

This is my mother's Shiv Murti in the Mandir/Pooja Ghar she has in her yard:

Enjoy! ❤️

I have just returned home for Mandir, it was a lovely service and I enjoyed it very much! I didn't even want to come home! Still haven't broken my vrat as yet...I think I'll wait for 12:00 and then break it. 😳 What about you all, how did you spend the day?

pakhara thumbnail
@Debi di, totally agree with you there. God is manifested in art. Praying also releases our creative energies and let's us see the world differently.

@Vedo,Wow, such cute pics Vedo! So nice to know about your Shivratri celebrations! The murti of Shivji is just so beautiful! Loved it! And omg, I didn't get to celebrate today as I wanted to because of school. And then we had a small pooja at home. I just prayed a lot and chanted Om Namah Shivaya. Hopefully I will get to go to the Mandir this weekend as its kind of far away.
Edited by AishuJSKfan - 13 years ago
Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Thank you Aishu! 😃 Sounds like you also had a great day! I hope you get to go to the mandir too!
------------

I had made this vid siggy of GauriShankar dancing the 'Ananda Tandav' and was supposed to post it since Monday but got busy, so I'm posting it now!

Info about 'Ananda Tandav':
 According to Hindu mythology, Shiva's Tandava is a vigorous dance that is the source of the cycle of creation, preservation and dissolution. While the Rudra Tandava depicts his violent nature, first as the creator and later as the destroyer of the universe, even of death itself; the Ananda Tandava depicts him as the enjoyer of his creation - the universe.

pakhara thumbnail
Wow Vedo super awesome avi! You picked the perfect moments, when both of them were in the Natraja pose! Gorgeous dance steps! And yes, my teacher explained that while Shivji's tandav is more commonly known for its destructiveness, he also is the enjoyer of his shakti and dance. I just love the way that the actress who plays Parvati dances. She's most definitely trained in classical dance by the looks of it.
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: AishuJSKfan

@Debi di, totally agree with you there. God is manifested in art. Praying also releases our creative energies and let's us see the world differently.

@Vedo,Wow, such cute pics Vedo! So nice to know about your Shivratri celebrations! The murti of Shivji is just so beautiful! Loved it! And omg, I didn't get to celebrate today as I wanted to because of school. And then we had a small pooja at home. I just prayed a lot and chanted Om Namah Shivaya. Hopefully I will get to go to the Mandir this weekend as its kind of far away.

@ Aishu, You know, I feel, it is only our 'attachment' with the Lord which matters most, nothing else! So whether be it mandir or your home, if you are truly remembering Him, know it for sure that your Prayer/ Love/ Devotion reaches Him at that very moment!

@ Vedo, Loving you posts Dear!! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️... Its is great to know about the Puja at your home (along with the Pictures)!⭐️

Vishakha_Sakhi thumbnail
Thanks D! I can't wait to see your pics, don't forget to post them! 😃
pakhara thumbnail
Originally posted by: Debipriya

@ Aishu, You know, I feel, it is only our 'attachment' with the Lord which matters most, nothing else! So whether be it mandir or your home, if you are truly remembering Him, know it for sure that your Prayer/ Love/ Devotion reaches Him at that very moment!

Thank you Debi di! I feel the same way too. Since he is everywhere, we do not need to go anywhere to see him! I just wanted to be a part of the Shivratri celebration. Attend the puja and all. Oh well, I'll go this weekend.
Edited by AishuJSKfan - 13 years ago
muffins2waffles thumbnail
WOW! Glad to see everyone active here! Sorry was busy all yesterday because of events, going to the temple, etc. (: Thank you for all the compliments! How was everyone's Shivarathri?