Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Larae thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
i agree with you poca i'm getting really dissappointed with it
i hardly watch the show anymore because it feels like i've already seen it all happen before. i used to really enjoy the show in the beginning but now i just watch it for sid and panchi because all abhay does is make pia cry to "protect" her
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
when has originality ever been a thing for Indian television or bollywood😆 we rip off hollywood every day and then add some desi masala and make it our own....and most of the time we fail at it miserably.

But I agree with you...I am a huge fan TVD(its another story that its been disappointing me) and I have read Twilight...and its sickening to see how much PKYEK rips off....Don't get me wrong I LOVE the show...I think its a refreshing change from the saas-bahu crap on the other channels....despite its flaws the show is still million times better than the crap that is on Star Plus,Zee,Colors etc

But I agree with you, when PKYEK first started I was full on expecting a scene by scene Twilight copy...but in the beginning it surprised me by showing some side tracks and some originality away form TVD and Twilight. However now with Sid's entry, its copying TVD and I dont like it. I still watch the show for Abhiya and Misha,Panchi the gang etc...but the supernatural element is horribly putting me off....

I mean they can do SO much with this....with the diversity present in India they can easily get a mythical story from our OWN culture and then use that as their legend for vampires/werewolves.....

I think that the side tracks are actually quite good..as much as I love MiYa....I like how they're handling Sharya being gay....like not making him out to be a stereotype and completely ridiculing the gay community....also Angad-Tracker are too cute......nothing wrong with the side story lines.....it's the supernatural/horror thing they need to work on

I agree yaar Ekta has LOST her charm completely....I mean seriously I want the old Ekta back...the one who was passionate about her shows....the one who had taken a stand that she was going to be the best no matter what....that attitude reflected in her earlier shows....we need that EK back! now a days even her other shows are rip offs of her previous shows....EK needs originality back into Indian telly
Edited by Tani91 - 13 years ago
Nishitarao thumbnail
I agree with you Poco.
Another point is, the biggest problem for any Indian TV writer nowadays is time. If you want to run a show for 6 days a week, any writer's imagination can go down. There was a time when we had these daily soaps for only 4 days a week, then they made it 5 days..now 6 days!!.. I mean even the actors cannot do complete justice to their roles becoz they simply dont have time to rehearse. !!  Hollywood TV shows take breaks every now and then.. it gives the writers enough time to think and create and EDIT before they finalized the script. ( Take TVD for eg..we are not getting the next epi until Apr 7 😆)
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Nishitarao

I agree with you Poco.
Another point is, the biggest problem for any Indian TV writer nowadays is time. If you want to run a show for 6 days a week, any writer's imagination can go down. There was a time when we had these daily soaps for only 4 days a week, then they made it 5 days..now 6 days!!.. I mean even the actors cannot do complete justice to their roles becoz they simply dont have time to rehearse. !!  Hollywood TV shows take breaks every now and then.. it gives the writers enough time to think and create and EDIT before they finalized the script. ( Take TVD for eg..we are not getting the next epi until Apr 7 😆)

100% agreed....this is why shows like Rishta.com and Mahi Way worked sooo well because of the season format...they had a set bank of episodes for one season and it was a weekly

its high time Indian television adopted that method for ALL shows...atleast then the actors and production team would not be overworked and actors can focus on other projects rather than working on just one show for 5+ years