DID doubles will become DID troubles for Male jodi

surmai_shaam thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Do you think Indian janta will vote for Male jodis as much as to Male female jodi..What about jodis whose dances are too hot to handle

Edited by surmai_shaam - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yes, I fear the same...the male dancers are pretty much limit in the song selection amd dance ideas, for example, you cannot make Prithvi-Vivek or Saurabh-Vivek dance on a number like "Bheege Honth Tere", can you? Audience mostly cares about the sensuality of a dance, which shall be missing in such couples. Plus, I don't see any of theze male couples being exceedingly good-looking, so they might be at an disadvantage there.....
DesiGirl_ thumbnail
I kinda feel the same way about that!
surmai_shaam thumbnail

Originally posted by: debayon

Yes, I fear the same...the male dancers are pretty much limit in the song selection amd dance ideas, for example, you cannot make Prithvi-Vivek or Saurabh-Vivek dance on a number like "Bheege Honth Tere", can you? Audience mostly cares about the sensuality of a dance, which shall be missing in such couples. Plus, I don't see any of theze male couples being exceedingly good-looking, so they might be at an disadvantage there.....

Exactly, they will have disadvantage  compared to other couples. They cannot be "hot" like othe couples which has been a selling point at least with Mentors and GM. But ultimately it comes to Zee if it wants one such jodi in the finals.
surmai_shaam thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sweetu.Baby

I kinda feel the same way about that!

This is the first time Public is voting for such a contest. Hopefully the most consistent performers go to the finals.
Yeah, unfortunately it's true. But if you noticed, Prithvi & Vivek have pulled off several male/female-esque dances..such as the robo lavni, and punjabi salsa 😃
DesiGirl_ thumbnail
Shorabh and Vivek also pulled it off with their emotional performances!
akanna thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
In fact I think male dancers stand a better chance to gain votes than male-female pairs! If you look at the voting pattern during all the weeks of DID show in previous seasons, the male dancers got more votes than girls and more males stayed safe by each passing week than girls.. Since there were solo acts for female dancers in DID1, DID2 and DID-LM, some of them stayed safe till the finale - only one girl in the finale for DID1 and DID-LM, and two girls in DID2.. Often the girls were the first to leave during the voting weeks...

Prithvi-Vivek as well as Saurabh-Vivek stand a good chance to gain votes, hence could be the reason Saurabh-Vivek were kept safe despite being in kasauti every week.. Max-Manik would have brought more competition, and then the finale would have ended up with three male pairs, so they had to make sure at least one pair with a female will be in the finale..

In our system, girls like to vote for boys mainly, and so do boys!