Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

My Dad Has Never Fought My Battles (Page 15)

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 6:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

_dante_qwwwElusiveDevotionladygagakoolchick-Mmmmm-Meena1ruky786

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 10:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Farikina

Really?  Others get picked?

I love Anushka, I do.   She recently said on KWK, "I can act the pants off any of these girls!"  Everyone was like "oh good job Anu, what great confidence, yaaay throw a party for Anu!!"   Why?   She was FANTASTIC in BBB but has she proven herself?  I don't think so.   If Sonam had said the same thing, I assure you the same people who are praising Anushka would have said "What a spoilt brat she is....being a star kid and all!" 

Now Sonakshi, with only one hit to her kitty, in a movie where she was only there for about 10 minutes total, said "I came into this industry from nowhere!"  I am sorry what?  In the same show she talks about Salman Khan convincing her to be an actress.  I am pretty sure if you are from "nowhere", Salman Khan would not bother to convince you to lose 30 KGs and become an actor.    But does anyone care?  No!  Should they?  Not really! But if Sonam have said that,  everyone would jump up and down declaring how ungrateful she is and what a liar she is.

I don't care if more than half of you hate Sonam.   I am sure she doesn't care either.    But the double standards on this forum make me laugh.    For me, I only come here for drama (when I am bored as you can see I don't post here much) and to laugh at everyone and fire up the "haters".  

About the Anushka bit.. yes Sonam kapoor cannot afford to say that simply because she doesn't have hits like RNBJ, BC and BBB in her kitty.. and she hasn't gotten solid and consistently good reviews like Anushka has. Now by simple logic... people would take confidence coming from someone who has actually proven themselves instead of someone who is all talk and no action... 

And what Sonakshi said seemed very unpolished and straight forward to me.. i don't think she meant it in a way that she has made it on her own.. or she hasn't taken anyone's help.. she just meant  that it just happened she did not pre-plan to do movies.. and stuff..

About the drama bit... yes we all love drama.. but substance toh ho... LOL  Whats with claims that every box office website on internet is biased... and wanted was declared a below average.. all this type of "fake claims" drama is what we see and read about in tabloids here on daily basis.. we don't need more of that... but it seems both Sonam and some of her fans are giving us drama with no substance.. Sonam even going as far as saying that Aisha is AD's biggest hit.. could be his biggest grosser.. after taking in the sattelite rights.. and other things.. but his biggest hit.. i think is Dev D which is an above average... Aisha has been declared either a flop or at max an average by almost every website on internet... By now its clear Sonam is just coming across as an attention seeker.. trying to stay in headlines with her baseless claims.. but for how long can she continue seeking attention without doing anything substantial remains to be seen...

Edited by ladygaga - 27 February 2011 at 1:41pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

_dante_koolchick-Mmmmm-Meena1ruky786

preity*zinta IF-Sizzlerz
preity*zinta
preity*zinta

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Hate it when people refer to others as "haters".

And why must we drag in other actresses to make others look good/bad.

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

gamla_KWRocks.glittersShadowKissesqwwwTheDilettante-Mmmmm-eraserReal.Madridruky786Meena1Terenaina

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
I'm a Sonam fan but that doesn't mean it bothers me what these lot are saying about I agree with some of the points being made

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

aaaabbbb

Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged
i agree with what she said about her father, MR. KAPOOR.
petticoat IF-Stunnerz
petticoat
petticoat

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 11:21am | IP Logged
sonam walked for one of those fashion weeks right after the release of saawariya..I loved her in saawariya promos and i used to follow news abt her then..right after saawariya she was labelled a fashion icon because of those fashion weeks and ilk
lala12 Senior Member
lala12
lala12

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Farikina

I'm sorry neither was Sonam's debut "glossy".    Her character was bipolar!!!   Yes, Sakina was.  You can't tell me otherwise.    Sakina was anything but commericial.     She didn't have a typical or colorful debut.....it was all BLUE!

D6's Bittu was the oposite of Sakina, all loud and crazy and not so confused.   Simran was totally different from Sakina and Bittu and Aisha was well dfiferent from the other three.   So I think she did challenge herself.

I don't know what other actress has played challenging roles anyways.   Actresses in her "bracket" I mean.  PC had her debut 8 years before.    She doesn't count and neither does Vidya since I saw her in Hum Paanch when I was paanch.   Many years ago. 

I am talking about Katrina, Deepika, Anushka, Asin.....la la la!   Anushka I admit did very well in BBB but her first two movies weren't amazing or had strong roles.  I love Taani partner but her role wasn't challenging at all..... and Patiala House's Simran was like an extension of Shruti modernized. 

Let's not even go to Deepika.  We all know what I think of her.  Her debut was amzing, she was amazing in the movie except she didn't even use her own voice.  Half your performance is your voice modulation which she seriously sucks at.   But is improving by each day.   I have yet to see her challenging herself.   As for Ashubhaiya's movie.......amazing movie, the BO even more amazing.  It makes Saawariya look like an all time blockbuster!

Katrina, ok so I loved her in Namaste London, New York and Rajneeti but I dont' consider her a "serious" actor either nor are her roles challenging.    I like her for other reasons, my baby cousin is a huge fan and when I see Kat, I think of my cousin.   So ya, I can't bash her. 

Asin....Ghajini was good but umm she has been an actor in the South for many years so I dont' think she even comes in Sonam's bracket. 

I think you guys just like to take everything Sonam says (and I admit at times, she does say W*F things but not all the time), and make a huge issue.  why not pick at other actors as well?   Yes she's a star kid, yes her daddy is famous, but can we MOVE on from it?  Seriously she has been in this industry for over 3 years now!!   

Yes, i agree sonam has done variety of roles....all the characters she played have been different from each other.....but unfortunately none of her performance were memorable or praise-worthy...i would blame script for half of it and other half for her acting inabilties to be fair enough......so yes, if
sonam comes out saying"she can act the pants off"....i believe it would be fair to say that she is delusional and just another star kid, and daddys spoilt brat.........and yes, it has been 3 years and its fact that a she's a star kid,  her daddy is famous....but we cant move on from it...cuz those are the only thing that is true & constant at this point about her....& we dont bring it up...she is the one making headlines  about her daddy.

oh and she is an AMAAzing model....havent u seen ALLL the people going gaga over her when her photoshoot pics come around.......modelling is her "serious talent" and evrybody appreciates that....if people hated her so much, they wouldnt say that!!

anushka- she was quite convincing as taani....she totally nailed the character of shruti...thus has the right to say what she did...now if she fails in her next movie..she is gonna have to eat her own words....then I'll say "overconfident much"... but right now I dont mind her this much confidence in herself

sonakshi...she said she came out of nowhere....woah....ok then sonakshi

i admire the fact that sonam admits that she was born with silver spoon....but she could have said that in a more humble way .....esp. when her performances r nothing to brag about......but i dont get how she said that she got her first break b'cause of herself not beacuse of daddy...u were assisting SLB because u r anil kapoors daughter ..not just a random person

Meena1

Zareena IF-Stunnerz
Zareena
Zareena

Posted: 27 February 2011 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
I only read what she said about AbhayROFL Please tell me if she watched Dev D and started to get highROFL And since when was Aisha a commercial success? It wasn't even a hitLOL And for your kind information Ms. Kapoor His biggest success was Dev D where didn't needed clothes, style or production house..he made it on his own shoulder. I think she wants to create controversy maybe she wants abhay to reply to her, because obviously he isn't talking to her off the camerasLOL Ch CH CH

I haven't read the complete interview because fonts are very small..but seriously she needs help and i want to know who is telling her she is the next big thing? I hope not rhea because i find her pretty honest..my bets are Karan JOhar big timeROFL It can't be anil because he keep telling him in Bollywood numbers changes every friday..but yeah Sonam thinks too much of her self..when she hasn't proved yet so far.

ruky786

Go to top