Page 1 of 1

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged

Phulva's father had B'wood dreams

TNN, Feb 27, 2011, 12.04am IST

A still from the serial serial 'Phulva' 
Susheel Bounthiyal who plays Mangru in serial 'Phulva' had Bollywood aspirations when he started as an actor but gradually settled for television. 

Susheel Bounthiyal who is currently playing the pivotal character and male protagonist of Mangru in serial 'Phulva' had Bollywood aspirations when he started as an actor but gradually settled for television. "Like other NSD pass outs, I too, had come to Mumbai in search of a destiny in films", says the NSD graduate who was born in Paudi in Uttranchal and bought up in Lucknow. "I even struggled in Bollywood, but eventually accepted Television because the subject of the serial and flavor of my own character was really good. And thank god, after seeing the reaction of viewers, I know that my gut feeling had been right." 

Playing the role of Phulva's father, this young theatre artiste has brought the character to life. "I have been running theatre classes and Plays in Delhi for almost two years. Quite a few television artistes have trained under me. So, getting under the skin of character is not difficult." Even now in Mumbai, Susheel is part of theatre group Ekjut and Addakar , wherein he is invited to teach at the regular workshops held by them. 

Follow us on Twitter for more stories

Read more: Phulva's father had B'wood dreams - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Phulvas-father-had-Bwood-dreams/articleshow/7580040.cms#ixzz1F5mM9yVo

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sparklingstar36poetic

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI:Phulvas dad had Bolly dreams" in Phulwa forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.