Suggestions / Comments

Like / Dislike option for comments (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 22

.GobLetPhanka.

IF-Dazzler

.GobLetPhanka.

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Vijay sir,    
Its a request please dont introduce dislike button in forums. Already its creating chaos on the tb articles. Like button thingy is pretty cool.

Edited by nusaybah - 26 February 2011 at 8:41pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

vijayrakshasdivmathnitzy_21Ishan.RadiantTreasurepjyo-Natasha-Dr.BasketGupta

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Like / Dislike option for comments (Page 8)" in Suggestions / Comments forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

--Neelanjana--

IF-Rockerz

--Neelanjana--

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Thanx Vijay bhaiya.u r truly awesome.

AASUS

IF-Sizzlerz

AASUS

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by ammoos

Thanks a lot Vijay.......
Regarding the demand for dislike button in forum.. I disagree for that.. and even if there would be one, its better not to show who are those who disliked it like it does in the articles.. That would create more chaos.. if ever we have a DL button (in forums) the users who hit the button should be anonymous Wink

Hi Ammoos,

Implementing Dislike feature on forum is something we would like to do in future so that its the same thing through out the site but before that we are testing it out on other sections before touching the forums.

Incase we do it on the forums I feel its a good idea to show the names of the people who dislike the comment. I know we may not like the fact that someone didnt like our post but we wont be kept guessing who Smile  And secondly members will be more careful before clicking the "dislike" button as their name will be visible to all.

What you think?

Cheers,
Vijay

Vijay bhai,

Thank you for informing us of the new feature. I agree with the member ammoos. It should be anoymous even on articles. It doesn't matter to know who liked or disliked something, however it matters to know if anyone agreed/liked or disagreed/disliked.  What will we actually gain by knowing the names? In fact I would say , people will not use the "dislike" button out of fear of getting bashed. I really think you should reconsider your trial on showing members names.

I'd like to get clarification, have you disabled the feature "User Ratings" on articles ? It's showing  "No Rating (0 Votes)" even after we rate the articles.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathIshan.RadiantTreasurepjyo

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by athisdagrh

Originally posted by vijay

Originally posted by ammoos

Thanks a lot Vijay.......
Regarding the demand for dislike button in forum.. I disagree for that.. and even if there would be one, its better not to show who are those who disliked it like it does in the articles.. That would create more chaos.. if ever we have a DL button (in forums) the users who hit the button should be anonymous Wink

Hi Ammoos,

Implementing Dislike feature on forum is something we would like to do in future so that its the same thing through out the site but before that we are testing it out on other sections before touching the forums.

Incase we do it on the forums I feel its a good idea to show the names of the people who dislike the comment. I know we may not like the fact that someone didnt like our post but we wont be kept guessing who Smile  And secondly members will be more careful before clicking the "dislike" button as their name will be visible to all.

What you think?

Cheers,
Vijay

Vijay bhai,

Thank you for informing us of the new feature. I agree with the member ammoos. It should be anoymous even on articles. It doesn't matter to know who liked or disliked something, however it matters to know if anyone agreed/liked or disagreed/disliked.  What will we actually gain by knowing the names? In fact I would say , people will not use the "dislike" button out of fear of getting bashed. I really think you should reconsider your trial on showing members names.

I'd like to get clarification, have you disabled the feature "User Ratings" on articles ? It's showing  "No Rating (0 Votes)" even after we rate the articles.

Point taken Smile

Thanks for bringing it to our notice. We will be fixing the rating issue on the articles soon.

Cheers,
Vijay

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RadiantTreasureAASUSSamraat_92

Dr.BasketGupta

IF-Sizzlerz

Dr.BasketGupta

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Please don't keep the dislike button on the options. There are new ID's being created so they can dislike our comments on the articles. You can leave the like option, but the dislike is a bit too much. It's creating a lot of MID's.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rakshasdivmathnitzy_21pjyoRadiantTreasureblessing-beauty

-Rumi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rumi-

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged

Thanks a lot Vijay vaia.Smile

Can we get these features for forum posts too?

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dr.BasketGupta

Please don't keep the dislike button on the options. There are new ID's being created so they can dislike our comments on the articles. You can leave the like option, but the dislike is a bit too much. It's creating a lot of MID's.

We will keep a tab on that then so that its not easy to create MIDs.

Cheers,
Vijay

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RadiantTreasureSamraat_92

ChillMaarYaar

IF-Stunnerz

ChillMaarYaar

Posted: 26 February 2011 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
Good idea Vijay , in a way it will avoid , some unnecessary arguments and fights , 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top