Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ankur_1305 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Elysia

Liz, as much as I want to agree with you, I can't. I felt like they made a joke out of D's character today. They gave him such cheesy lines that he had to save them. They were so out of character. Not just him, Naku as well. From the line about her "sambhaling him" to "a woman can endure more than a man" to "I want to bring back a man who is filled with only love".

Look, honestly, I could pick out everything that was out of character and ridicilous and totally proof of carelessness from the director's and CVs side, but I'm tired.

I'm just so tired. And so done.

Dutta's journey was the sole reason I started watching this show. I know him, probably better than I know my sisters or my parents. And I know that today Dutta was only present for very brief moments throughout the episode, because the CVs gave him such cheesy out-of-character lines, it was painful.

I never watched this show for Tasha. I watched it for Dutta and his journey, and a very huge and important part of his journey is Naku (his love-story). Just because they feed us a few sweet moments between them in this episodes doesn't mean I'll ignore what they're doing to his character. LTL, to me, was perfect. Up until February.

๐Ÿ‘I know it is risky to say this but I could agree with most parts of your first post in this thread - especially about the characters acting out of their normal behavior.

Also, probably the male fans of Dutta are probably more keen on seeing Dutta's macho side and not used to his musings a la Amitabh Bachhan in film Silsila ("Tum hoti toh kaisa hota...tum hoti toh is baat pe "saab" bolti, tum hoti to oos baat pe"bappa" bolti). Cmon folks, the guy is not romantic, though he has a sexy voice. And there lies his charm. Save that.
Dont make him say "Naku I love you". He can say it even more emphatically without saying it, the kind of "jhund" that he is. That is something more he is likely to do - not say it than say it.

Having said that, let me concede that a lot of LTL fans, especially the female fans (and they are unfairly outnumbering their counter-parts in this forum), must have found this epi as one close to perfection as far as their expectations are concerned.

mussy.jamshed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Elysia ! It's very harsh Pointless". I don't feel yesterday episode was Pointless at all. It's was such a beautiful episode. And I don't feel anything was out of Character. Naku is known for giving bashans to Dutta and his ayi bolte talks. I somehow loved  yday episode so much because it had less kala and sudharshan. I love maximum screen space given to Dutta and Nakusha and that happened yesterday. I loved it so much... from their convos to the song selection from Cvs, it took my breath away. I have been starving for Tasha. I am getting them finally. I wont complain at all. I so much wanted to see them alone somewhere, and that just happened. This is it!
I won't waste my energies in pointing out editing glitches and director's mistakes. I am not a technician. I am an ordinary viewer and all I can say is that yesterday was Beautiful Episode. I loved it so much. I won't complain at all.

-bharti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

I'm not going to complain about the sweet Tasha moments, because I love them. The lake scene and the touching Naku's face scene are all beautiful moments of tenderness and longing - love.  Me too nd waited for this for so long

1) Not only were there editing glitches, there was a moment when Mahi Vij glanced away as if she was looking at something else (a camera or something) while performing. If this was a mistake - which it obviously was - then why wasn't it edited away? OFcourse! there r glitches nd its too evident to miss.  The guys incharge r either not good or there is a lack of sincerity. This is indeed a big irritant in enjoying the show nd dutta's character is so full of small nuances where he says so much without saying in as many words nd thats been butchered. 

2) What is happening to Tasha's conversation?   Here i slightly disagree when u say nakku is been to show as dominating. No, this is a low point in dutta's life nd nakku is trying to be  sensitive to his feelings nd without hurting him wants to help him.  It is nothing out of the ordinary when nakku says women r stronger than men in endurance mostly of the mental aspect nd all experts will agree.  She even goes ahead says that she doesnt want to interfere in his fight against kala but wants him to know that right now his priorities must be to recover frm the blindness nd dealing with the shock of kala revelation.  As a firm believer in the ultimate justice in the hands of God she speaks her mind which is so nakku.  She is back to her Bhashans. 

3) Too much, way too much focus on Naku. Both camera and dialogue-wise. .  This was true before the reunion when nakku's dongiri was in full display, not nowAgain,  except when dutta says about our sanskar of women thinking of their husbands as Pati parameshwar i felt it was slightly cringy nd unnecessary nd maybe unlike dutta.  But with nakku, it is so so normal for her to behave this way.   This is what has forced dutta to surrender to her love nd sacrifice nd hence forced to speak his mind.  We waited for him to reform understand nd accept nakku nd that's what is happening.  It was ok for dutta to speak what he felt as he knew nakku was the one who suffered nd he wanted to make sure how he felt now.   I mean she had to endure so much insult nd rejection from dutta that any other self respecting woman would have long vanished out of his life, what about that?

And that the camera focus would be a bit more on Dutta since he's going through the process of accepting his sister's freaky real face. But no. None of this even came close to happening.  This i would again relate it to bad  handling of technical aspects as said earlier.   

Sorry for spreading such negativity right now when I know a lot of you are on cloud nine due to the Tasha moments. But I simply can't ignore LTL as a whole for the sake of one or two moments. This needed to be said and so I said it.  U dont have to be apologetic as u have only aired ur feelings for the show that u care so much nd hence the disappointment as well.  I can only say stick for some more time nd maybe things could improve.  

I  enjoy the difference of opinion in the forum as it is healthy nd perfectly normal to disagree. But i dont know if u remember, i'd agree with many things in ur earlier posts especially after Dutta's accident, when things went for a toss in the show as wel as outside,  I felt the same frustrations nd had also stopped watching the show as i couldnt enjoy until the channel gave a confirmation.  But stuck with the forum to find some solace nd now i believe i had begun to expect too much frm the show nd the people who handle it.   Hope u too find a reason to stick with the show nd enjoy it as well.   
Edited by brvr - 13 years ago
vanita22 thumbnail
i m a silent reader of this forum and wanted to share my thoughts on some platform. when i read this article i found right place. i agree with all lines written by elysia. this is not LTL standard. i also saw nakusha looking here and there yesterday and i mentioned this on laagituhselagan.org LAST NIGHT.
The ltl is nothing widout mishal and it is he who is managing to give 50% old touch of LTL. speed of chauhan in showing seema's grief never fails but showing grief of main leads he becomes utter failure. The standard made by vijay chaturvedi is needed to show the changes how a gangster will become a normal human being. During these days everybody is enjoying tasha's romance, because everybody has waited for more than 1 year for this part, but in actual this is not LTL standard. agar is baar dutta ko phir se cheekta dikhate on knowing kala's kaands, then the dialogues of nakusha's  like i will be your power would have been successful.
bad direction and very bad editing of LTL will affect impact of old LTL also.
Edited by vanita22 - 13 years ago
deactivated1 thumbnail
In my opinion, there is the Tasha conversation, and then there is the stereotypical conversation between two lovers that I've seen one million times on other shows. The purple prose, spilling one flowery confession of love following another - that's overload and far from something that I believe the characters of LTL would've done under any circumstances. Yes, Dutta has changed, but he's still Dutta at heart. He's honest and says what's on his mind, but Tasha's relationship is so deep, so connected, that wording every single lovely feeling has never been necessary. In fact, not wording it, but expressing it in other ways has come across as much more powerful. For instance when he asked Naku if she was okay and all Naku did was touch his face and they rested their foreheads against each other's.

No words needed. No flowery proses about "oh, how I love you" etc.

I could imagine Naku expressing her love for him in words, but not Dutta. He didn't need to say it three times. He only needed to say it once and it would've been enough for him. For her, as well. Dutta can be calm. He can be kind and loving. He can be gentle. But being mellow to the point of purple proses just isn't him. People change, but there are certain characteristics that I don't think one can change about oneself. Dutta can't change his anger, but he can learn to control it to a certain extent. He can be patient. But in the end, if something pushes him over the edge, he will explode. It's his character.

Right now, he's vulnerable. He needs Naku to be there for him. He needs her support, especially mentally because he's struggling with Kala's revelation. But even this wasn't given the amount of time it needed to process. Jumping in the conversations, purple prose to Kala. No, that's not how D would've been reacting. Kala's revelation would've weighed him down to the point that he could enjoy having Naku with him, but needed to talk about it for longer than a few moments at a time. Being who he is, concerned as he is about his family, he would've enjoyed Naku with him, but he wouldn't be preoccupied with spilling words of love and bowing down to her love and talking about how women are raised to this and that... this is all something I would've expected from any other male lead in any other serial, but not Dutta.

He would tell her that he loves her. Done. He would tell her that he's sorry. Done. He would tell her how much she means to him and how much her support means to him. Done. In simple and straightforward words. No flowery praises and bhashans. Naku's influence is that if making him believe in Bappa, in love, in trust. But her influence is not that he'd become mellow. He'll always be Dutta Bhau, in the end. Even if he retires, you cannot change the core of a man who has been a killer for the past ten years - killed without a second thought. You can influence him in ways, and Naku's love has done that. But he is Dutta Sriram Patil.

It is nothing out of the ordinary when nakku says women r stronger than men in endurance mostly of the mental aspect nd all experts will agree.  She even goes ahead says that she doesnt want to interfere in his fight against kala but wants him to know that right now his priorities must be to recover frm the blindness nd dealing with the shock of kala revelation.  As a firm believer in the ultimate justice in the hands of God she speaks her mind which is so nakku.  She is back to her Bhashans.

I still believe that it was needless to draw the comparison between men and women. It wasn't a message to Dutta. It was a message to us, and we're all well aware of this fact, so what's the point of it really? Dutta doesn't need to know that she can endure more than him. He needs to know that she's with him, supporting him. He needs her in that context. In addition to that, Naku has always known Dutta's strength. He lived through many betrayals and though he stumbled at times and she fears that he'll stumble again, we've also witnessed that he has matured, that Naku's touch calmed the storm in him - no words were needed. I liked the part when she told him that she wouldn't interfere in his fight with Kala, but the "bringing back a man of love" part, I didn't like. Naku wouldn't say that. She might've said: "You need to recover first, then we'll think about Kala". She wouldn't say it like "I want to bring back a man who knows only to love". Dutta knows to love. He loves. He has a big heart. But his ability to love now shouldn't get in the way of the choice he might have to make to save his family and Patilwadi.

That's a fact. A brutal fact, but nonetheless a fact.

He can't afford to be mellow about it. Or soft.

The development of Naku's character, I feel, has reached the point where she doesn't need to give bhashans to Dutta anymore. He has learned so much from her and he has matured. He's at a point now where he is her equal in all ways.

The pati parameshwar thing was also completely unlike Dutta. I would never, in a million years, have expected him to say that - no matter how much he grew. Again I felt that this was meant as a stereotypical drama serial message for the audiences' sake rather than for the purpose and meaning of Tasha's conversation.

Look, having been away from Naku from two months, Dutta would've naturally confessed his love again, because the fear of almost having lost her was evident throughout his lonely phase. He'd have told her how much she means to him. But he wouldn't have said it through those exact dialogues that were given to him. Why? Because Dutta doesn't phrase things in flowery purple proses. He says things in a simple way that expresses so much more than those cliche phrases.

That's Dutta.

The fact that the director/CVs didn't bother to remove those needless purple proses and instead play the scenes out through silence and simple dialogues bothered me. It was out of character to me. Period. As for the Kala conversation, it wasn't any better. They could've focused more on his pain and emotions regarding that matter, kept him silent, while Naku guessed his thoughts and comforted him about it without him having to speak what he felt - because that's Tasha.

No matter how far they've reached in their relationship, no matter what, there's one thing that'll never change about their relationship - and that's the core of it. Dutta expresses his emotions, but not always in words, but Naku understands and knows what he needs to hear. The moment started well with them sitting there and her telling him that she'd be his strength. But then it hit rock-bottom with the rest of the dialogues.

That's just how I feel.

It might have everything to do with the way the episodes have been executed/directed, but it also has something to do with the dialogue-writer having a really stressful day because the demand was Tashaful episode and well, how else to fill an episode of Tasha if not with flowery phrases that warm every Tasha fan's heart.
Ankur_1305 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

In my opinion, there is the Tasha conversation, and then there is the stereotypical conversation between two lovers that I've seen one million times on other shows. The purple prose, spilling one flowery confession of love following another - that's overload and far from something that I believe the characters of LTL would've done under any circumstances. Yes, Dutta has changed, but he's still Dutta at heart. He's honest and says what's on his mind, but Tasha's relationship is so deep, so connected, that wording every single lovely feeling has never been necessary. In fact, not wording it, but expressing it in other ways has come across as much more powerful. For instance when he asked Naku if she was okay and all Naku did was touch his face and they rested their foreheads against each other's.

No words needed. No flowery proses about "oh, how I love you" etc.

I could imagine Naku expressing her love for him in words, but not Dutta. He didn't need to say it three times. He only needed to say it once and it would've been enough for him. For her, as well. Dutta can be calm. He can be kind and loving. He can be gentle. But being mellow to the point of purple proses just isn't him. People change, but there are certain characteristics that I don't think one can change about oneself. Dutta can't change his anger, but he can learn to control it to a certain extent. He can be patient. But in the end, if something pushes him over the edge, he will explode. It's his character.

Right now, he's vulnerable. He needs Naku to be there for him. He needs her support, especially mentally because he's struggling with Kala's revelation. But even this wasn't given the amount of time it needed to process. Jumping in the conversations, purple prose to Kala. No, that's not how D would've been reacting. Kala's revelation would've weighed him down to the point that he could enjoy having Naku with him, but needed to talk about it for longer than a few moments at a time. Being who he is, concerned as he is about his family, he would've enjoyed Naku with him, but he wouldn't be preoccupied with spilling words of love and bowing down to her love and talking about how women are raised to this and that... this is all something I would've expected from any other male lead in any other serial, but not Dutta.

He would tell her that he loves her. Done. He would tell her that he's sorry. Done. He would tell her how much she means to him and how much her support means to him. Done. In simple and straightforward words. No flowery praises and bhashans. Naku's influence is that if making him believe in Bappa, in love, in trust. But her influence is not that he'd become mellow. He'll always be Dutta Bhau, in the end. Even if he retires, you cannot change the core of a man who has been a killer for the past ten years - killed without a second thought. You can influence him in ways, and Naku's love has done that. But he is Dutta Sriram Patil.

It is nothing out of the ordinary when nakku says women r stronger than men in endurance mostly of the mental aspect nd all experts will agree.  She even goes ahead says that she doesnt want to interfere in his fight against kala but wants him to know that right now his priorities must be to recover frm the blindness nd dealing with the shock of kala revelation.  As a firm believer in the ultimate justice in the hands of God she speaks her mind which is so nakku.  She is back to her Bhashans.

I still believe that it was needless to draw the comparison between men and women. It wasn't a message to Dutta. It was a message to us, and we're all well aware of this fact, so what's the point of it really? Dutta doesn't need to know that she can endure more than him. He needs to know that she's with him, supporting him. He needs her in that context. In addition to that, Naku has always known Dutta's strength. He lived through many betrayals and though he stumbled at times and she fears that he'll stumble again, we've also witnessed that he has matured, that Naku's touch calmed the storm in him - no words were needed. I liked the part when she told him that she wouldn't interfere in his fight with Kala, but the "bringing back a man of love" part, I didn't like. Naku wouldn't say that. She might've said: "You need to recover first, then we'll think about Kala". She wouldn't say it like "I want to bring back a man who knows only to love". Dutta knows to love. He loves. He has a big heart. But his ability to love now shouldn't get in the way of the choice he might have to make to save his family and Patilwadi.

That's a fact. A brutal fact, but nonetheless a fact.

He can't afford to be mellow about it. Or soft.

The development of Naku's character, I feel, has reached the point where she doesn't need to give bhashans to Dutta anymore. He has learned so much from her and he has matured. He's at a point now where he is her equal in all ways.

The pati parameshwar thing was also completely unlike Dutta. I would never, in a million years, have expected him to say that - no matter how much he grew. Again I felt that this was meant as a stereotypical drama serial message for the audiences' sake rather than for the purpose and meaning of Tasha's conversation.

Look, having been away from Naku from two months, Dutta would've naturally confessed his love again, because the fear of almost having lost her was evident throughout his lonely phase. He'd have told her how much she means to him. But he wouldn't have said it through those exact dialogues that were given to him. Why? Because Dutta doesn't phrase things in flowery purple proses. He says things in a simple way that expresses so much more than those cliche phrases.

That's Dutta.

The fact that the director/CVs didn't bother to remove those needless purple proses and instead play the scenes out through silence and simple dialogues bothered me. It was out of character to me. Period. As for the Kala conversation, it wasn't any better. They could've focused more on his pain and emotions regarding that matter, kept him silent, while Naku guessed his thoughts and comforted him about it without him having to speak what he felt - because that's Tasha.

No matter how far they've reached in their relationship, no matter what, there's one thing that'll never change about their relationship - and that's the core of it. Dutta expresses his emotions, but not always in words, but Naku understands and knows what he needs to hear. The moment started well with them sitting there and her telling him that she'd be his strength. But then it hit rock-bottom with the rest of the dialogues.

That's just how I feel.

It might have everything to do with the way the episodes have been executed/directed, but it also has something to do with the dialogue-writer having a really stressful day because the demand was Tashaful episode and well, how else to fill an episode of Tasha if not with flowery phrases that warm every Tasha fan's heart.

Amazing.
deactivated1 thumbnail
Thank you, Ankur ๐Ÿ˜Š Good to know I'm not alone here. The Tasha wave seems to have flooded this forum. But it's good to know that someone, other than me, sees the carelessness and quiet assassination of the strongest male lead on Indian TV.
left_forever thumbnail

Thank you, Ankur ๐Ÿ˜Š Good to know I'm not alone here. The Tasha wave seems to have flooded this forum. But it's good to know that someone, other than me, sees the carelessness and quiet assassination of the strongest male lead on Indian TV.

Ana, its not like we cant see..we can but we have learnt to ignore it. How can one luk at such things when something so beautiful is happening around...

I dont know if you were part of LTL forum tat time but there was a time when we would have given anything to just see Dutta admiring Naku...we were dying to see tasha romance..dying to see them sharing a same screen space but we wudnt get much...the forum used to cry seeing them holding hands and now when those moments are given to use, when they are all in love, wen the real romance has jst began how could we spoil them by thinking of the glitches happening around? We cant yaar...this is something we have been waiting for ages...we have been asking for long time...we dont want to lose these moments. How long LTL is going to be there on TV dont know...but till its there and till Dutta-Naku are given screen space we cant miss it.

You are more into technical stuff, it luks like and so u r worrying about those things but we are luking at Dutta-Naku romance and ignoring the angles..coz their love is what has made all stick to this serial even after the drags. I know we can change it...we can make CVs realize abut ediitng glitches and we keep sending mails to them about that. But dear you are spoiling the magic for urself which wont cum back again....thats why we are saying enjoy....dont spoil it for u...ofcourse side-by-side along with an appreciation we can keep making them aware of these glitches but ignoring romance and worrying abut errors is going to take away the flavor dear...

this is best phase of LTL all have been craving for and u see tats y the No 1 position to LTL...many girls have left forum asking for romance and it luks like all have cum back to LTL sensing the smeel of romance๐Ÿ˜†

deactivated1 thumbnail
Dear, did you read my post on this page? The full one? Because I'm not focusing on the technical things, I'm focusing on the characters. What I'm saying is that regardless of how sweet the moments are, the characters are not themselves. The dialogues are out of character, and more than that, they're slowly butchering Dutta's character.

This is a fact. Some of you may be able to ignore it, because you're caught in the Tasha wave (understandably). But personally, I watch this show for Dutta and his journey. If his character is radically changed and made something that DSP is not, then I won't support it, nor can I enjoy Tasha, because Dutta is missing.
left_forever thumbnail

Dear, did you read my post on this page? The full one? Because I'm not focusing on the technical things, I'm focusing on the characters. What I'm saying is that regardless of how sweet the moments are, the characters are not themselves. The dialogues are out of character, and more than that, they're slowly butchering Dutta's character.

This is a fact. Some of you may be able to ignore it, because you're caught in the Tasha wave (understandably). But personally, I watch this show for Dutta and his journey. If his character is radically changed and made something that DSP is not, then I won't support it, nor can I enjoy Tasha, because Dutta is missing.

oh yeah ur and mine reasons are completely different for watching the show and so u r rite where u r.
I am just getting what I have been asking for ages and so me enjoying. Hope so u too get soon wat u have been luking for๐Ÿ˜Š
but yeah ana me too on sending mails abut glitches along with Mishal stayEdited by ccolaco - 13 years ago