Posted: 28 February 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Enjoyed reading your commentary for the entire week. It was fun reading your comment on the possible adult trait of bumbumbhole when he was helping Radhika with her maang and sindoor.
the latest of course when Daima tells that the beautiful girls of Mathura going to chase Dev because he is going to turn handsome and the blush on his face and your comments on theyoung forumers was good.
The story has progressed at a normal pace, I, like you, would prefer some more of the kids show before moving into the adult phase. The highlight of the week for me was the portrayal of Shanthi's character and secondly the politics surrounding the PB family. Shanthi's role is played by an extremely great actress. There were 2 things about her which was quite baffling for me. I realise she has some kind of bitterness, from the few dialogues here and there it looks like Radhika was left at their door-step and it was not a one-sided decision of Mansa to bring her home. If that is the case is she such a dominating person that she treats her husband with scant respect and regard. She was successful in her mission to blackmail her husband if he shared his food with Radhika but did not bother when her husband did not eat a morsel. The following day when her husband was in his suicide mission along with Radhika once again there was no reaction from her and it was only at the insistence of her children that she tried to reason out with him. Is she so totally negative that she has no element of goodness atall. Even to her children I did not find her affectionate or kind. Her acting so good that if they make her portray compassion and love it will only be natural and better rather than seeing bitterness always.
Regarding PB family I am more interested in the after-effects of the precap.
1) Badi Bahu has overheard RP and his talk with the lawyers. Is she going to let Padma into the secret. For me it is no for obvious reasons.
2) I would like Padma to be neutral. I also like the fact that she does not retort at the drop of the hat but can give when she has to.
3) Virat has openly expressed in his dislike for the RP responsibilities but not for the RP wealth. That is the catch for him to be a villian on alater date.
4) I will not like if they show Rohan to be dumb-witted and one who can easily be influenced by others. On the other hand if he is shown to be listening to what others have to say but uses his discretion to do what pleases him and share his deepest thoughts and concerns with his mother I will be happy to watch it.
5) I also wont mind seeing a situation where Padma backs her son and tells that if her son is not inclined to take over RP duties it is better to absolve him of this rather than force something on him which he is not happy about. I would like to go one step forward and see if she can tell the elder RP that Dev is the best bet as he has always been responsible and he fits the bill for the RP position and therefore adopt him into their clan.
Let us see what this week has in store.