Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Tum Kaun Ho (Chapters 24-44) (Page 49)

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:16am | IP Logged

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 31
Mar. 10, 2011 3:58 pm

Geet stood in front of the New Horizons Preschool, waiting for JD to come out. She tried to clear her mind and forget her worries, but it was hard. Maan was still acting strange and she had yet to figure out a way to bridge the gap between them that seemed to grow wider every day. Naintara had told her more than once to talk with him, but she was scared. Scared that if she found out what was going on, it would be worse than not knowing.

Even though she was afraid, it was still up to her to appear as normal as possible. She didn't want JD worrying about what was going on with his uncle. He was an extremely sensitive little boy, and she didn't want him in any tension over this issue. Hearing the noise of energetic children, Geet pasted a smile on her face.

"GT, GT, you came to pick me up!" yelled JD excitedly, as he ran to her arms.

"I had to come, since it's my big boy's birthday. That and Dadi ran away."

"What? Dadi didn't run away."

"Yes she did. She forgot to get a present for your birthday, so she ran away. She couldn't stand the thought of listening to your whining when you found out you weren't getting anything."

"That's not true!" exclaimed JD, putting his hands on his hips. "Dadi told me this morning that she got me a present."

"Really?" JD nodded his head. "Well, I guess we will see. But don't cry to me if I turn out to be right."

JD stuck his mouth out in a pout, clearly not happy with what Geet had said. He looked so cute, Geet couldn't help but smile. This smile caught JD's attention, and he looked at her suspiciously.

"GT, are you teasing me?"

"No. Would I do that?"

JD broke into a big smile and held Geet's hand, replying cheerfully, "Yes. You like to tease me. I'm not worried anymore."

"Hmph! You know how to spoil my fun."

Hand in hand they started to walk to the car, but since Geet was looking down at JD to speak, she wasn't watching were they were going. She felt herself collide into another person, not hard, but just enough to go a little off balance and stumble. She turned, saying sorry, at the same time the other person said the same. When she saw who it was she ran into, she was surprised.

"Geet?"

"Yes, Melanie, isn't it?"

"That's right," she responded, holding out her hand for a shake. "What are you doing here?

"I came to pick up JD," replied Geet. Seeing a strange lady, JD moved so that he was standing behind Geet, just barely peeking out from behind.

Melanie smiled and said, "So this is the JD I've heard so much about lately. I'm here to pick up Jake. Usually his father does the honors, but he's out of town on business."

Jake pulled on his mother's hand until she came down to his level. He then whispered something in her ear. The smile on her face became bigger as she said, "I hear it was someone's birthday today. Happy birthday, JD."

After a little gentle prodding and a verbal encouragement, JD answered, "Thank you," quietly, before hiding his head behind Geet again.

Mar. 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Maan was busy typing on his laptop when he heard a knock at the door. He told the person knocking to come in with out looking up. He heard the door open, but nothing else. Finally, he looked up to see Geet standing nervously in front of him. Maan was surprised at Geet's demeanor and silence. She never had a problem talking to him, and he couldn't imagine what was so difficult for her to say.

"What is it, Geet?"

"Um...Do you remember that we met Will and Melanie Jacobsen at the auction last Saturday?"

"Of course," came the puzzled reply.

"Well, I met Melanie today at JD's preschool. She was picking up her son Jake, a boy JD knows, and she invited him to spend a day with the family next week. It's spring break, you know."

"So, why are you telling me this?" When Geet hesitated, Maan questioned her again.

"Well, JD is sort of shy with strangers and he's never gone to someone's house to play since he came to live here....so to make him feel more comfortable, Melanie invited you and I to come along."

Geet glanced at Maan's face a little fearfully, and then quickly spoke before he could. "I know this isn't something you normally do, and you probably would find it really boring and a waste of time, but please don't say no. Just...just listen to me. I've had such a difficult time trying to encourage JD to interact more with other children and make friends, but he's just so resistant. I think Melanie is right, if you and I come with JD he will feel comfortable and he might really start considering Jake a friend. I realize that you'll have to be out of the office, and that's something that you don't like, but..."

"Geet!" Maan's tone was not harsh, but it was sharp in an effort to stop her continuous babbling. Geet looked at him with wide eyes, eyes that had a slight edge of fear in them. Maan sighed before saying, "Geet, I'll go with you and JD. Whatever day you say is fine. You're the one who's in charge of my schedule anyway, so just fix it."

"Oh." Geet blinked, a bit surprised at the mild response Maan gave, and how easily he agreed. "Okay, then."

It looked to Maan like she wanted to say something else, but then changed her mind. She turned around and slowly made her way to the door. Maan stared at her retreating back, and wondered if he should ask her the questions that have been plaguing him for almost a week. He didn't want to, not sure he would like the answer, but just before she exited the room, he made up his mind to do it.

"Geet, stop. Come back, I want to talk to you for a few minutes."

As Geet came back towards him, Maan stood up and walked to meet her. He took her hand in his and led her over to the comfortable sofa. Maan could tell she was surprised by his actions, and why shouldn't she be? He'd never done this kind of thing with her before, and it made him a bit nervous. But being nervous was no excuse. They had to have this talk.

"Geet, I want to talk to you about what happened last Saturday."

"Maan, I'm sorry that the even ended badly, but really, you should let Sameera affect you like this. She's not worth the anxiety. She's not worth anything!"

"Geet, I know that. I'm not concerned with Sameera."

"You're not?"

"No. The first thing I did when we got home was call up my lawyer and talk to him about arranging a restraining order against her. She's shown up too many times recently for me to turn a blind eye. From now on, if she comes near anyone in this family she'll be locked up. No, it's not Sameera that's bothering me, it's something she said."

"Maan, please, you should just forget everything she's said."

"But, I can't, Geet. I can't because it showed me something about my behavior towards you that I'm not proud of."

"Maan..."

"Please, Geet, just let me say what I have to say." Geet closed her mouth, and looked at Maan apprehensibly. That look partially fueled his concern, and made him more certain than ever that this talk was necessary.

"Geet, when Sameera confronted us, she called you my plaything, and insinuated that I was paying you in return for sexual favors. I didn't like that. Oh, I know that it's not the truth but it made me realize something. It made me realize the position that you're in. I'm your employer, and with the circumstances that we are currently in, situations might arise, may already have arisen, where you would feel compelled to...to submit to un...unwanted advances."

Maan couldn't keep looking into Geet's earnest face as he spoke. He stood up from the couch and started to pace as he continued. "Geet, I hate the very idea of forcing myself on anyone. Please, please believe me when I say that I never had any such intention."

"Maan," said Geet softly, also standing up, and walking over to his side, "Is this why you've been so quiet all week?" He nodded and she said, "I never thought such a thing about you. Never."

"You didn't?"

"No." To convince him, she placed her hand reassuringly on his arm. "I know you're not that kind of person."

"Thanks for that," said Maan, placing his hand on top of hers. He then took her hand in his and pressed it tight. "Geet, you don't have to worry about my behavior anymore. I promise I won't trouble you."

"So, you want to end the pretense, tell Dadi the truth?"

"No, that's not what I mean. The reasons we started this charade are still valid. We'll continue, but with better behavior from my side. I'll take care not to do anything that you might find distressing. I want you to feel comfortable with me."

"I do."

The following 261 member(s) liked the above post:

angel_subnimmi26skydaffodils7anukutty82pyarisahelipsruthilaila889dpurvainlwgeetroshni77swtpoosan1989shanmanjushanmannehavashiswati2011pop_7862001bindiyas1980kathrina7176mishimstar432Candy_jsrim7geetozshree1188ramavishneetugarg123Salmankatsweetmelonajoliefluffyktau9290860623lostfantacyvishruti.sirikasturi11gagsykrishna.pp1980LoveManeetasmi123Ballumauariz2000sonupatprerna27ammyicycoolwifey90lakshmisalvadiGemmmmishra1reenasvNiksAngelbhakbhartifanshreya satishAR_ArShiangeeshtaanniKavyaNaik123MaanGeetkiSimmiwilddevil2010alu5123jiasharmaMaankiMariamhemvbVirIka4evernonabebuYusLizMaankigopiMadhuRujul13naamteeg-BeingAppy-pallavisarkarcue1sakadafiThugAngeldiyachillanaum91perfectflirt8surbhijn106silver.geet_9713khansangelrichu26rostannie.shonachingamingkkaavvyyaaannbellswetha03dancydreamerMrsBenedictchiki143daisydee425Diva7rashgirl000Anny90april12rockinggirl5dishbhanneha512madhu.pmlistmystique_girl-eiya-SwaatiiHADmishtiBluntlySpeakingmishtibHawtieSeepmysticangelCuteTommyNav2010mirnalininan_10s-o-m-m-i-eLakshmi86mansijani21abina03maansi007shivangi783Varsh.rEscapistbobbydolldoosheekaTishuu123prithamaanmishtiixrayNanthini9teri_susanalias90charlie1950bluerose1889dreamy4everbabygurl10swathitanya_vimanduanshimanshiXAiShBaBy08XAnjali-KdhrashteeKkadssCythereaDhara_skiran99_mahi_iqbals4everkyphfanzAnvi2009Iqbal Neha1heermehercyum321vidu87bluedreamz953divya22puthNewdimeraj_202jazzerette-shamima-9staroneserialsninavigangesegbPLKG90princess163-harini-Shimmerrpayal.gupta177Sophronianats0101kshubhangiFlame_of_Forestcustodian75-BreakingDown-Koolsmilesporthy_smile28-Zahra15-TinkerBellalibra25Ramhariammu5ritzy09honeygrape-Veritaserum-maankigeet4everbangaloresrupzloveubasicquestion1smj1977.shrutiLuvScoobyKrishnaluv94-memorable-krati5ambbihasanu3108wajiha-1shruti_luvs_mskNoorFatimamrk-1meravigilisolovelycutietedyshalini01esha143-pixie-vrsharmaAntarespunjabi.princessweet cherry-Zoya-anjucoolkomlikaninandlil_desi_goddesangullgrl91Magnificent-Yaz-swetha10SahSahjnawazkashishkdivareenapop77-afsha---Nargis--namita25sweet scorpiomandymorekooliiomaaniqraaamirkhanfanmitzi11vivacious_gurlsona-rairsroopalishah10..hinal..-kawaii-maanluvsgeetShalvechsweety22preethiayoga23priya6n6s6k6i6r6a6n6kahkashansakinapunam2712Craziest_MGRageOfAnAngelShrutheSaamsmayyosanum23abba12DimaagKaKeedaharshdbcookie.mysteriousmillipickachudumaskhwaishfanMysticRiverJanakivallavDonnaa

preethia IF-Sizzlerz
preethia
preethia

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:27am | IP Logged
lovely update...............
finally maan spoke abt wat was bothering him................
oh so no more touching and sweet torture from maan to geet..............she shud be relieved............
wud like to c how things will move on for them from here
jazzerette IF-Dazzler
jazzerette
jazzerette

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Oh this is what was bothering Maan! Glad they had a talk about it... A day away with JD at someone else's place...thats interesting!!!
Janakivallav IF-Addictz
Janakivallav
Janakivallav

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:41am | IP Logged
brilliant part. loved it.
 maan agreed to go with jd and geet.
at least maan told geet what's bothering him and geet understand him well.
good maan took restraining order again sameera. nice.
update soon.
aamirkhanfan IF-Sizzlerz
aamirkhanfan
aamirkhanfan

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:46am | IP Logged
maan finally spoke to geet ..........................great update
mystique_girl Goldie
mystique_girl
mystique_girl

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:51am | IP Logged
Nice update...loved how Maan realised that his advances "might" have been unwanted...and also loved how Geet explained that she believed his intentions were not "playful"

They talk less but it seems their minds are not far away from each other - since if it was, they would not have had the courage to be frank.

So Maan will control himself....I want to see how this affects them both...I guess now is the time for Geet to slowly slip and lose control Wink
Dhara_s IF-Dazzler
Dhara_s
Dhara_s

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 1:55am | IP Logged
Distance makes the heart grow fonder... Lts see what the physical distance does to these two...!!! Embarrassed
Lakshmi86 Goldie
Lakshmi86
Lakshmi86

Posted: 11 March 2011 at 2:06am | IP Logged
Hey

Great update!!!!!!!!!!!!
so finally Maan has opened up............
hmmm but his concern was so correct and unpredictable.........
he so much cared for Geet.............
thats very sweet of him........

Hmmm but he did not wwant to tell Daadi the truth...........
naughty..................

Go to top