Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

FF-Tum Kaun Ho (Chapters 24-44) (Page 35)

doosheeka Goldie
doosheeka
doosheeka

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
NICE UPDATE.......................NAUGHTY MAAN...................CONTINUE SOON.......................

Water. IF-Rockerz
Water.
Water.

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Waiting for an update Day DreamingDay Dreaming
YusLiz Senior Member
YusLiz
YusLiz

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 7:10pm | IP Logged

*biting my nails* .. when is the next update .. soon pls pls plssss Wacko

KavyaNaik123 Senior Member
KavyaNaik123
KavyaNaik123

Posted: 06 March 2011 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
update sooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn,,plzzzzzzzzzzz
laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged

Tum Kaun Ho?

A Maaneet Fan Fic

Chapter 29
Mar. 5, 2011 8:22 pm

Walking into the Trump International Hotel and Tower, they were directed to the sixteenth floor. Making their way to the elevators, they were able to get on right away, being the only patrons in that area. Geet and Dadi chatted, allowing Maan to silently observe Geet. It amused him every time he saw her glance his way, and quickly look away when she saw he noticed. He could see the confused questions in her eyes, as well as the awareness she tried to conceal. It allayed the doubts he'd had concerning his behavior when they were shopping. She was as affected as he, only she didn't want to admit it for some reason. Knowing Geet's stubbornness, he knew it would be difficult to make her confess that she was not indifferent, but that was where the fun lay.

The elevator stopped momentarily at the fourteenth floor. A man and woman got on the elevator, leaving the spa and returning to their room. Maan assumed the two were together, as they held hands, however that didn't allow Maan to overlook the male stranger's behavior. As the woman pressed the button for their floor and swiped their key card, Maan saw her companion give an interested glance at Geet, looking her up and down. This went unnoticed by Dadi and Geet, but that made no difference to Maan. He couldn't allow some idiot to check out his girlfriend. Well, pretend girlfriend, but that hardly made a difference. Before the elevator resumed, Maan moved from his position by the elevator's wall, so that he was between Geet and the lowlife who was eying her.

Very soon, they arrived at their floor. Maan ushered Geet and Dadi off the elevator quickly, giving the man a hard glare before he exited. In his anger with this nameless person, Maan turned without looking and nearly ran into Dadi. What stopped him was a light touch on his arm, just above his elbow. He looked over and saw that Geet had wrapped her hand around his arm. Though silent, his eyes demanded an explanation.

Softly, Geet said, "Naintara Di said I was supposed to hold your arm."

"Really? I thought you two only talked about JD." Geet looked away in embarrassment, and Maan couldn't resist teasing her further. Leaning very close to Geet's ear, he whispered, "What else does Naintara say?"

When Geet blushed and kept her face turned, Maan knew that she had spoken to Naintara about him. Her blush made him wonder what exactly they had said about him. Just one more thing on his list of things to discover about the mysterious girl by his side.

The three made their way down the hall and to the register table. They waited for their names to be located on the guest list and then for Maan to pay the admittance fee for them. He thought that 500 dollars per person was a bit high, but Dadi reminded him that the money was going to charity. They were told that there was food and dancing available in the Grand Ballroom, and that the items were on display in the Skyline room. Geet wanted to see the auction items, but Dadi was keen to see who was at the event and introduce Geet around. Maan had no preference, so they made their way to the ballroom.

Mar. 5, 2011 9:05 pm

"Seriously, Geet. Don't you ever get board with eating Indian? You and Dadi are so much alike."

"I don't only eat Indian food," said Geet, evan as she broke a piece of roti and and used it to eat a bite of her paneer tikka masala. At Maan's raised eyebrow, she said, "I never get to make it at home, because SOMEONE doesn't like Indian."

"Do I stop you from making what you want to eat? Do I?"

"Oh, you're just soooo innocent, aren't you, Mr. Khurana? But you know very well that you insist on eating anything but Indian, and I have no intention of making two meals at the same time. As if I don't have enough to do already."

"It's not that I have a problem with Indian food per se, it's just that I don't like how messy it is, and eating with your fingers is not very sanitary."

"Sanitary? You can eat that and still complain about sanitary?"

"What, this?" asked Maan, holding out the chopsticks he was holding with a piece of sushi. Geet shuddered, making Maan laugh. "Come on, you're not vegetarian."

"I know, but raw fish? Ewwww!"

Mar. 5, 2011 9:50 pm

"Maan, I'm tired of dancing. I want to go look at the items."

"Why, are you going to make a bid?"

"Oh, hah hah! I just want to see what the items are. I'm sure they're quite interesting."

"Well, I'm not ready to leave. I see a few people that I'm actually interested in talking to."

"Fine. I'll go by myself."

Geet tried to walk away, but grabbed her arm and pulled her back, causing her to land against his chest. As she tried to regain her senses from the unexpected contact, Maan whispered, "What was it that Naintara told you? You're supposed to hold my arm and stay with me right?"

"But..."

"What but? You're my girlfriend. You'll stay with me, not go wandering off somewhere on your own." Looking around at all the men in the room, Maan said to himself, "I definitely don't want you alone looking the way you do, it's not safe."

Mar. 5, 2011 10:28 pm

"Geet, have you met Will Jacobsen? He's the regional manager for Jackson Hunt & Co."

"I think Ms. Handa and I met briefly once when I came to meet you at your office, " said Will Jacobsen, as he put out his hand toward Geet.

"Yes, I remember," replied Geet, extending her hand to return his handshake.

"This is my wife, Melanie," said Will, and they all said their hellos.

"So, Maan, how is it that you came tonight? I thought that you felt events like this were a waste of time," asked Will.

"I still feel that way, but Geet wanted to come, so I had to oblige her."

"Well, be prepared. Now that you've shown your face, Chicago society won't let you get away. You'll be forced to come to more of these things, or risk being seen as a Scrooge."

"I don't care what society wants, or how they perceive me. What Geet thinks is all that matters."

"How sweet," said Melanie, even as Geet thought that he was laying the loving boyfriend persona on a bit thick. "Take my advice, Geet, and don't let him get away. It's hard to find men who will put the wishes of their partner ahead of their own."

Unfortunately all Geet could do was smile, when she really wanted to tell the truth. That Maan was only doing a drama, and didn't mean a single word he said. Really, she felt embarrassed to be deceiving all these people, but she knew if she said anything Dadi would feel so bad. Luckily, the Jacobsen's left soon as Melanie's mother had an early flight the next day. Geet used this opportunity to again pester Maan about seeing the auction items. He finally gave in, and they left the ballroom for the first time that night.

Mar. 5, 2011 10:45 pm

"Maan, look they have a pamphlet telling about the items."

"Hmmm."

"Okay, I get it. You're bored. But don't ruin it for me, okay?" Geet saw Maan roll his eyes, and decided that she would ignore him. She began leafing through the information. "Oh, look, they have some Chinese blue and white. I bet Dadi made a bid on that."

"Dadi?"

"Yeah, she collects Chinese pottery." At Maan's blank look Geet exclaimed, "How can you not know this? She's your Dadi. She's been collecting for quite a few years." Maan still looked clueless, and Geet berated him for it. Then she continued looking.

"No Way! They've got a Van Gogh drawing. A real drawing? It's not a reproduction? No, this says that it has been fully authenticated and was donated by the estate of Bruce Yanek. I have to see this."

Unconscious of her actions, Geet had grabbed Maan's hand when she read about the Van Gogh drawing. Not letting go, she dragged him with her as she went in search of it. It wasn't difficult to find, being prominently displayed at the far end of the room, with two hotel security keeping their eyes on it. As Geet stood enraptured, gazing at the drawing, Maan couldn't comprehend what had happened to her.

"How can you get so excited over that faded thing? It looks like a bunch of dots."

"Don't say that. It's a wonderful work of art by a master artist. When I took my art history class at university, he was the painter whose work I liked the most."

"Well, I guess you're not the only one who likes him, seeing that his stuff is so expensive, but I don't see how that's a good investment. You pay all that money for just one painting, when you could invest it, or at least buy a dozen other paintings that look far more realistic."

"Maan, it's not about the money, it's about the man. Van Gogh had such a difficult life, and yet he painted so many wonderful paintings. I like how he makes things look real and surreal at the same time. That's what makes the paintings so interesting."

Maan didn't know why he did what he did next. Maybe it was the impassioned way Geet spoke and the bright light in her eyes. Maybe it was an attempt to impress her. Maybe it was just a way to shock and trouble her, but Maan walked over to the nearby table and wrote a bid on the bidding sheet. Geet rushed over to see what he was doing and her mouth dropped.

"Maan, what...how...I can't...Why did you do this?"

"You want the drawing, don't you?"

"If I could have this drawing it would be a dream come true, but..."

"Well, I'm sure nobody will offer a higher bid."

"Maan, I don't understand. It's such a high amount. Way more than the drawing is worth. You don't even like art. Why would you do this?"

"I can't bid on an item for my girlfriend? What kind of boyfriend would I be?"

Geet flinched, and looking around to see if anyone was paying attention, moved closer. "That's the second time tonight that you've called me your girlfriend," she hissed. "I'm not your girlfriend. You know very well that I'm not. This charade is really going too far, and I want to know when you plan to start ending it."

"Geet, this is neither the time nor the place for this discussion."

"And when is the time? Never? Where is the place? Nowhere? This can't go on for ever Maan, and I don't like how you keep throwing your money away."

"Geet, why do you have to make everything so complicated? Why can't you just live in the moment for once? What difference does it make if I spend some of my own money on you? Is the world going to end if I do?" Geet tried to interrupt, but Maan didn't let her. "It's only money, Geet, and it's going to charity. If you also get something that makes you happy, what's the harm? Why do you have to keep asking questions and act so difficult? Can't you just enjoy the time we spend together?"

Geet didn't know how to respond. She'd never heard Maan say so much at one time, at least not when he was calm. That wasn't what confused her, though. She was having a difficult time facing the fact that Maan would do so much to give her something that would make her happy. It was even more overwhelming that it was something that she would truly enjoy, and not the typical gift of flowers or jewels that most wealthy men offered. The fact that Maan, the angry boss, who only six months ago didn't even know she was alive, now paid enough attention to her that he wanted to acquire a drawing by her favorite artist, was difficult to comprehend.

Mar. 6, 2011 12:01 am

"Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you so much for attending the annual Watson's Silent Charity Auction. This year the proceeds from this auction will be going to the Chicago chapters of the United Way and Habitat for Humanity. As you know, the bidding ending a little over 15 minutes ago, and we now have the results of the winning bids. Before I announce the winners, I would like to say that tonight we were able to raise over 3 million dollars. I would also like to thank Trump International Hotel and Tower for hosting our event, providing such wonderful services at a significant reduction of their usual rate."

With that, the names of the auction winners were announced. Dadi had failed to bid high enough on the Chinese porcelain, but she accepted the fact gracefully. The Van Gogh was the last item mentioned, and Geet had waited on pins and needles for the result. On the one hand, she really wanted that drawing. On the other hand, she wished that someone else had out bid Maan, so that he wouldn't be compelled to pay so much for what she was sure was just a whim. She was afraid that he would later regret paying so much money for a piece of paper that he considered to be only slightly better than chicken scratches.

"Our very last item, and certainly the item that generated the most interest, is 'Field with Flower', the drawing by Vincent Van Gogh. The highest bid, of 750,000 thousand dollars, was made by Maan Singh Khurana. I would like to personally thank Mr. Khurana for offering the highest bid our silent auctions have ever received. It was due in large part to this bid that we were able to exceed our goal of raising 2.5 million dollars tonight. Thank you Mr. Khurana."

Geet stared in astonishment at Maan, as Dadi looked on happily, and the rest of the attendees clapped. Maan just smiled indulgently as Geet placed her hands over her mouth, unable to believe that she was actually going to possess a real Van Gogh work. It was like she was in a dream where anything she desired was granted. It was too good to be true. It must be.

Edited by laxmi2010 - 07 March 2011 at 1:58am

The following 235 member(s) liked the above post:

ssssmarangel_subnimmi26skydaffodils7pyarisahelipsruthilaila889dpurvainlwgeetroshni77swtpoosan1989shanmanjushanmannehavashikathrina7176mishimstar432Candy_jsgeetozshree1188ramavishsweetmelonneetugarg123SalmankatReahRajajoliefluffyktau9290860623lostfantacyzazoy12gagsykrishna.pp1980asmi123BallumauLoveManeetariz2000sonupatammyicycoolwifey90nehaahmadcutegurl224Gemmmmishra1AR_ArShiangeeshKavyaNaik123bhakbhartifanwilddevil2010alu5123reenasvtaanniYusLizprizauzmam1hansasma-Elfin-MaankigopiMadhupallavisarkarcue1sakadafiThugAngel-BeingAppy-anaum91silver.perfectflirt8diyachillannbellchingamingsurbhijn106khansangelrichu26rostswetha03dancydreamerdaisydee425ylaraibapril12chiki143neha512dishbhankeerthi90xolfiyaSphinxDiva7Anny90rockinggirl5rashgirl000HADmishtiSwaatii-eiya-madhu.pmlistmishtibmansijani21varshrnan_10s-o-m-m-i-emysticangelmirnaliniNav2010CuteTommyshivangi783123prithaLakshmi86maansi007varsh-mayurTishuuEscapistbobbydoll--jassi--alias90maanmishti-Jyo-tanya_vimanduanshimanshiXAiShBaBy08Xbabygurl10basketdhrashteeNanthini9kiran99Cytherea_mahi_iqbals4everAnvi2009heermeherdreamy4everputhNewdimeraj_202divya22TheBratbluedreamz953cyum321-shamima-jazzeretteninavi9staroneserialsprincess163-harini-gangesegbPLKG90Shimmerrnats0101payal.gupta177SophroniakshubhangiFlame_of_Forestcustodian75Mahimaan-BreakingDown-sporthy_smile28Koolsmile-Zahra15-KittuPratzzTinkerBellaRamhariritzy09ammu5basicquestion1LuvScoobymaankigeet4everhoneygrape-Veritaserum--memorable-Krishnaluv94smj1977.shrutiwajiha-1sanu3108ambbihaAsh1991NoorFatimamrk-1meravigilisoshruti_luvs_msk--Saavi--shalini01esha143-pixie-punjabi.princessweet cherryanjucoolkomlikaninandlil_desi_goddes-Yaz-nisha_hc_bs_ddswetha10SahSahkooliiojnawazkashishkpop77-afsha---Nargis--namita25sweet scorpiomitzi11mchopraaamirkhanfanmaaniqraliv2laugh..hinal..--Ratna--sona-raivivacious_gurlrsroopali--aarthi--ShalvepreethiaVSai20086n6s6k6i6r6a6n6yoga23priyakahkashansakinaTyroCraziest_MGjasraj123priyasreepunam2712RageOfAnAngelShrutheSaamsmayyosanum23abba12.hayaat.--Zehnaseeb--mysteriousmillidumasMysticRiverkhwaishfanJanakivallavDonnaa

laxmi2010 Senior Member
laxmi2010
laxmi2010

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 12:45am | IP Logged

Trump International Hotel and Tower is a real place in Chicago. Check out the website. Also, I wanted to know what the elevators were like, so I found this video on Youtube.

So I made up Will Jacobsen and Jackson Hunt & Co. but I did have a real life company that I was originally going to use, and then decided to make up my own. The real company was the private bank Brown Brothers Harriman & Co. They do actually have a branch in Chicago, but I decided it would work better to make my own place.

So, I did try to find out how much a Van Gogh drawing might sell for, but was unable. His paintings sell for millions, so I just guessed his drawings might sell in the ten thousands range. Then I picked 750,000 as a random big number, that hopefully would be so extreme that no one else would have out bid Maan. I also picked a drawing that is actually owned by a museum, but I pretended that it belonged to someone who died and the estate donated it for charity. Check this website to see the drawing.

The following 37 member(s) liked the above post:

inlwgeetasmi123gagsysakadafibhakbhartifanwilddevil2010Escapist-Jyo-manduanshimanshidhrashteemysticangelshivangi783Lakshmi86jazzerette-shamima-TheBrat-harini-Flame_of_ForestNoorFatimasmj1977.shrutikrati5punjabi.princesesha143-pixie-lil_desi_goddes--aarthi--liv2laugh-afsha-namita25sweet scorpiomitzi11SahSahpop77VSai2008punam2712Janakivallav

smj1977.shruti IF-Rockerz
smj1977.shruti
smj1977.shruti

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 1:15am | IP Logged
hey

*edited
nice update
I love the details you give

Edited by smj1977 - 07 March 2011 at 1:29am
jazzerette IF-Dazzler
jazzerette
jazzerette

Posted: 07 March 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged
Maan bought her the painting! Wow! Calling her his girlfrend, getting angry at a random guy eyeing her...were all very cute!!

Go to top